Atlantic Lottery Corporation

Atlantic Lottery Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
This was a short term contract position and did not continue after the initial installation phase was completed. The experience was an eye-opener in regards to corporate culture and inter-department politics.
If asked to perform the same operations again I would comply but would not want to become a permanent staff member.
Pros
Employment in my chosen field - Electronics Installation Specialist.
Cons
Unpredictable work times as well as call-outs in adverse weather conditions.
This company has both it's good and bad points. They are a government owned operation that has a fairly relaxed culture in some areas but overly formal in others. They fully support training and development although the financial support has been diminishing the past few years.

Offer some great benefits including a full gym, fitness trainer, great working facilities, great pension and benefits. The most challenging part about the job is trying to identify who is accountable for actions as that is usually blurred. The people are the best though....most are highly supportive.
Pros
Good Working hours, great pay.
Cons
Inconsistent management, some areas are great to work in where others are not supported.
I enjoyed my years at ALC. It was a good/fun environment to work. They always provided a safe environment to work and plenty of training for the employee's. I have learned much during my years there and made many good friends along the way.
Nice company to work for. Lots of traveling around Newfoundland when I was with them which made the job interesting. I would recommend Atlantic lottery to anyone
16-18 Hours days, Lots of driving Installing terminals in Business for client use. Hardware Diagnosis, setup and Cisco Equipment use and setup.
Pros
Learning so much each day, driving.
Cons
Contract work, Wished for permanent.
Fast environment, good place to work - nice people
Lots of regular patrons, large opportunity to get to know your customers on a personal level - almost required when working there by patrons
Great opportunity to learn sales skills. Consisted of contacting retailers to restock point of sale items to the general public.
A great employer with supportive management sensitive to the family demands of its employees. A friendly and inviting atmosphere with helpful co-workers. Hours make it possible to balance work and home life which is important. There was lots to learn and superiors are eager to share their knowledge and help you learn all aspects of the business.
Enjoyed the pay here as well as the perks of a gym within the building. Would have been eligible for benefits if had continued to work there. Contract ended unfortunately. Great wage
Pros
Pay, wages, hours
Cons
call centre type environment
World leader in a number of areas relating to Lottery & Gaming.
Owned by the four Atlantic Canadian Provinces

Unable to move at the speed of the customers, as ministerial approval required for major changes in operations.
It was a great environment to work in. The staff was fun and really great, and management was somewhat approachable. We all got along great. The work was interesting, and I gained a lot of experience on a multitude of platforms. It was a great experience for me.

I followed a ticketing system, so each morning I would prioritize the tickets to maximize my time and spend it on the important issues first. I made friends there that are still my friend today. It was fast paced which I loved ! Not many chances for advancement though.
Pros
amazing people, good work, a fun environment
Cons
Management was not as open as they could be.
Programming for games like 6-49. Help at the creation of a new game, Banco,
Pros
challenging, balance of life
Cons
sometimes hard to do support
Learned so much during my work-term. Employees are top-notch professionals.