Atlantic Gold Corporation
Happiness score is 32 out of 100

Atlantic Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

Fast Paced Environment, heavy on management.

management is overbearing and at times unprofessional. Either they micro manage you or there is no guidance at all. Co-workers are a good group, but the pay is low for this industry.

Sad

This workplace is literally Atrocious. I work in the Assay Lab and we are ALWAYS last. Always forgotten. Our wages are a complete joke, we literally bust out bottoms off and make less then most employees at this mine. If it wasn’t for my work family and need for health benefits. I likely would not be working here anymore. The overall lack of communication, simply giving us peace of mind about job security or if things aren’t going the way they hope talking to us, we are left in the dark about it. The lack of care for the lab staff and building is very apparent and down right disrespectful to all staff the works there. Not to mention the lack of basic needs met like simple air quality and HEAT during the winter months is hilarious to me. Honestly for me I enjoy my job at the lab, truthfully. I’ve learn so much from my supervisor and co workers; and I am thankful that the people I work with are amazing people. I just wish our lab and the importance of it was taken seriously because of all the things listed above we are clearly not cared about to the top people working there and it’s down right sad.

Insights into Atlantic Gold Corporation

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Bad Company & Worse Management

Would not recommend working for this company, the poor management choices, specifically in the mill, are causing this company to crumble. In reality they pull bad ideas out of a hat and force them upon employees causing the turnover, since I was in the mill employees schedules were changed for no reason causing enough people to quit that they forced other employees into different positions (demotions) and new schedules to fill the voids when in reality its not the employees fault but management.A typical day at work depends if you're in the union or not, if so you'll be doing your job, if not you could be doing reports one day or scrubbing the toilet the next, depends on where they're lacking staff that day. The compensation is below industry average, the benefits plan could use some upgrading and the RRSP package is pretty underwhelming. The amount of turnover at the company is astonishing, the culture and moral is so negative, from day one you'll be greeted by people telling you the smartest thing you can do is leave asap. On a small scale safety matters in terms of being given PPE but on the grand scheme safety only matters until it gets too expensive hence the refusal of silica containing dust suppression due to the cost as well as the two 400-lb boulders that fell onto walkways in a span of 3 weeks.

Pros

Cons

Long drive, Bad Moral, Bad Culture, Cheap, Poor Management

Good people to work WITH

If your in trades or operations 90% of the people you will work with will be great people, trying to hold the operation together. On the other hand you have management and security.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Not co-workers

Not the greatest place to work

Management at Atlantic Gold are very unprofessional, does not matter how much you try, you won't move up quickly. The pay is alright but would not recommend.

Pros

Co-workers

Labourer

Incredibly poor management. Poor communication all around. Wages are alright, at least the road was paved to the mine. The only ones who truly benefit is management. The buddy system is how they run the place. Lots of good people go elsewhere because of the attitude and work ethic. Safety is also a suggestion majority of the time. Lots of empty promises.

Pros

4 on, 4 off

Cons

The management

A very wealthy company who doesn’t paid whats owed

I resigned a few months back after working there for nearly two years. They are now refusing to pay me what they still owe me out of spite even though I gave them over two weeks notice. Safety standards are lacking as well, seen multiple safety violations daily.

Pros

Pay rate is good

Cons

They won’t pay you, unsafe.

very good learning experience

working with a great team, if you have questions or need help people are there to help you. great experience. best part about the job was working outside. though the heat and weather may be an issue at times

Very Enjoyable

Great people to work with 4 on 4 off rotation Decent pay Very laid back Managment cares about your wellbeing Room for growth Awesome place to work!!

Long hard hours in a tough environment

High turnover. Not everyone fits in. They do not like to hire full time so they can save on benefits. Not always truthful when it comes to transitioning from contract to full time.

good place

good place to work at. money is good. good hours for everyone. fun place to be. safety is number one. lots of different jobs there at the mine or up at the mill

Best Place To Work In Nova Scotia

Such an incredible place to work. Tons of opportunities for people who want to work hard. Started here as a Mill Labourer and I have advanced to a Mill Operator position. There's no place in Nova Scotia where the wages will be better. Like any job, most of the people who complain are the ones who don't want to do any work and believe everything is owed to them. Excellent leadership here, lots of experience with our management in the mill (General Foreman, Training Coordinator, Chief Metallurgist, etc.). Lots of opportunities for people with no prior experience (like myself) to gain experience, knowledge, and training, to further my skills, all with being able to be home each and every night. Safety is always before production, which is how every place should operate.

Pros

Lots of opportunities, Great workforce, Money is excellant, Home every night, Locals get the first crack at jobs as opposed to people from outsie the province

Cons

None.

You get what you put in.

Most people that are quick to complain are the same people that have been content to coast through with minimum effort given. Some people are never happy no matter where they work and are content to drag everyone else down with them. Good riddance to most of the naysayers.

Pros

Great place to gain experience

Cons

Negative people that can’t make the best of a situation.

So So

Company isn't horrible but there is issues with getting correct amount on pays as well as the hours of the shift work are hard on the body and family life outside of work. managers and foreman's need to be more organized and all on the same page.

Terrible Place

Terrible place to work . Management has NO clue how to run a mine site. People but into jobs they have no right being in. Can’t pay venders . Worst moral I’ve ever witnessed Safety is nothing but a Joke . No proper procedures in place . This place will have a serious accident and the company with not be able to cover cost for the fines . For Sale signs will go up soon. Stay Clear ....

Pros

Got Out Quickly

Cons

Zero

Terrible

Can't believe how that place is still to get it's stuff together, it's a job and the way it is being ran it will probably be a short one. Poor treatment, zero communication, wages are low, benefits are expensive and not worth half the cost. Worst road in the province to get there.management has a poor attitude towards the workers and it shows in morale. If you're starving go on up but you can make better money in the city with a better commute, not happy.

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

Everything else

Poor Management

I was hired as a mill laborer, and promised a change in my position within 6 months. I have been here over a year, and I am still sweeping floors. Safety is a joke. Management does not communicate at all. There is no consistency when it comes to pay rates. There are cameras everywhere. You can go the entire shift without having a break. The only ones getting bonuses are the upper management.

Pros

Weekly BBQ's

Cons

No breaks, no raises, no bonuses.

Challenging and rewarding work place

The company and it's plant were brand new when I joined during the commissioning stage. I was excited to be in on the development stage for the company's policies and management procedure. It has been challenging and rewarding at the same time.

Position was a short term assignment

In the short time I was on the project I was satisfied with the organization. The project was in transition from a project environment to an operating facility.

Start up operation, lots to set up..

The project is in a start up phase having not a lot to work with but the company was willing to provide what was required. I believe they will need a lot more support at this project which they are well aware and safety needs to be addressed in order that the project be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Gold Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement