Atlantic Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

good place
Crusher Operator (Former Employee) –  Middle Musquodoboit, NS23 January 2019
good place to work at. money is good. good hours for everyone. fun place to be. safety is number one. lots of different jobs there at the mine or up at the mill
Best Place To Work In Nova Scotia
Mill Operator (Current Employee) –  Moose River Gold Mines, NS20 November 2018
Such an incredible place to work. Tons of opportunities for people who want to work hard. Started here as a Mill Labourer and I have advanced to a Mill Operator position. There's no place in Nova Scotia where the wages will be better. Like any job, most of the people who complain are the ones who don't want to do any work and believe everything is owed to them. Excellent leadership here, lots of experience with our management in the mill (General Foreman, Training Coordinator, Chief Metallurgist, etc.). Lots of opportunities for people with no prior experience (like myself) to gain experience, knowledge, and training, to further my skills, all with being able to be home each and every night. Safety is always before production, which is how every place should operate.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, Great workforce, Money is excellant, Home every night, Locals get the first crack at jobs as opposed to people from outsie the province
Cons
None.
You get what you put in.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Moose River, NS13 November 2018
Most people that are quick to complain are the same people that have been content to coast through with minimum effort given. Some people are never happy no matter where they work and are content to drag everyone else down with them. Good riddance to most of the naysayers.
Pros
Great place to gain experience
Cons
Negative people that can’t make the best of a situation.
So So
operator driver (Current Employee) –  Moose River Gold Mines, NS30 October 2018
Company isn't horrible but there is issues with getting correct amount on pays as well as the hours of the shift work are hard on the body and family life outside of work. managers and foreman's need to be more organized and all on the same page.
Terrible Place
Mine Ops (Former Employee) –  Moose River Gold Mines, NS8 September 2018
Terrible place to work . Management has NO clue how to run a mine site.
People but into jobs they have no right being in.
Can’t pay venders .
Worst moral I’ve ever witnessed
Safety is nothing but a Joke . No proper procedures in place . This place will have a serious accident and the company with not be able to cover cost for the fines .
For Sale signs will go up soon.
Stay Clear ....
Pros
Got Out Quickly
Cons
Zero
Terrible
Mine ops (Current Employee) –  Moose River Gold Mines, NS6 September 2018
Can't believe how that place is still to get it's stuff together, it's a job and the way it is being ran it will probably be a short one. Poor treatment, zero communication, wages are low, benefits are expensive and not worth half the cost. Worst road in the province to get there.management has a poor attitude towards the workers and it shows in morale. If you're starving go on up but you can make better money in the city with a better commute, not happy.
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management
Mill Labourer (Current Employee) –  Moose River Gold Mines, NS2 August 2018
I was hired as a mill laborer, and promised a change in my position within 6 months. I have been here over a year, and I am still sweeping floors. Safety is a joke. Management does not communicate at all. There is no consistency when it comes to pay rates. There are cameras everywhere. You can go the entire shift without having a break. The only ones getting bonuses are the upper management.
Pros
Weekly BBQ's
Cons
No breaks, no raises, no bonuses.
Challenging and rewarding work place
E&I maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia25 June 2018
The company and it's plant were brand new when I joined during the commissioning stage. I was excited to be in on the development stage for the company's policies and management procedure. It has been challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Position was a short term assignment
Handover Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia Lake, NS13 February 2018
In the short time I was on the project I was satisfied with the organization.

The project was in transition from a project environment to an operating facility.
Start up operation, lots to set up..
Consultant/Contracting Services (Former Employee) –  Moose River, NS10 June 2016
The project is in a start up phase having not a lot to work with but the company was willing to provide what was required.

I believe they will need a lot more support at this project which they are well aware and safety needs to be addressed in order that the project be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Gold Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Atlantic Gold Corporation Reviews by Location