ATIKOKAN GENERAL HOSPITAL

ATIKOKAN GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Great experience, good place to work, I am from Atikokan and hope to return to the workplace one day. It is so great to work with the people of Atikokan.
A little while ago I was visiting a family member on the Acute Care ward, when I walked past what appeared to be a staff meeting with the nurse manager, at the nursing station.

I’m not exactly sure what the topic of discussion was, but suddenly the nurse manager started yelling and berating the nurses in front of anyone walking by.

Not exactly professional conduct, by any means. I’m not sure if this was a isolated incident, or if it’s an ongoing issue... but I don’t think anyone gets paid enough to deal with that treatment.
This is my first job as an MLT. It has been a great learning experience for a new graduate. I have been able to learn about all aspects of running a lab. I work full time with good benefits and lots of vacation time. The on call hours mean I earn significantly more than I would if I only worked full time, with call ins increasing my salary by nearly a third.

We are constantly growing and improving the lab and all members of staff get to play a part in introducing new methods and technologies.

The town is small and quiet but if that's what you enjoy or if you want to quickly pay off student loans its a great opportunity.
I enjoy working at this centre, it is a small rural hospital but we offer a full range of patient services. I work with a wonderful group of people who are highly trained, extremely supportive and care about the patient's they are helping!
Pros
Great people, good place to work, lots of opportunity
The place is going to become LTC facility and urgent care clinic. Most of the departments are already closed. Most of the employees have left the place. Total uncertainty, no one knows what direction is this place going to. Please think twice before coming.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Cutting jobs, services, and funding
Great place to work. You have to be OK with living in a small town with limited resources. The community is safe and the people are friendly. This small rural hospital has limited options to treat acute illness and trauma. Good team work is a must. Management has treated me very well during my employment period. Like the job.
Pros
Warm and friendly environment
I really enjoy my position with AGH.
Everyone is very friendly and it very much has a small town feel to it.

There are a lot of new faces and things are changing rapidly. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the importance of our hospital to be people of Atikokan. Management is friendly and professional and encourages growth and happiness of employees.

AGH is in a very unique position to offer healthcare professionals full scope, variable experiences. Larger centers tend to overly specialized not allowing for the same learning opportunities.

The town is extremely affordable to live in as well.
Pros
Full scope of practice
AGH is a small community hospital and LTC home that provides excellent care. Staff and management are kind and supportive to colleagues and community members who attend as both visitors and patients.
Got to work amazing people and hear about they're lives and what they've accomplished and got to help them out and give enjoyment to their days
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATIKOKAN GENERAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.
ATIKOKAN GENERAL HOSPITAL Reviews by Location