Athletics Employee Reviews

Challenging Job at first but over time it becomes easy
CAL Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Gresham, OR5 May 2018
Challenging Job at first but over time it becomes easy. Many friends worked there, great costumer service. Everyone respected everyone, and there was never any problems.
Team culture is competitive yet collaborative
Oarsmen at Gonzaga College High School (Former Employee) –  District of Columbia, DC5 April 2018
The expectation to perform to your highest standards is occasionally a stressful experience. People, however, are willing to motivate others and contribute a positive attitude to a competitive environment. There is little room for error, and each person is expected to give one-hundred percent.
Athletic View
Recreation Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC5 April 2018
Athletics was a great area to work in. Supervisor was great and work schedule could be very flexible. Certain times during the year hours can be very long, depending on the season. I enjoyed seeing our participants enjoying themselves in our programs.
Exciting and productive
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR22 February 2018
Pros
Get to work with young student-athletes on an energy filled campus.
Cons
Majority of the time in order to move up in athletics you'll need to relocate or play the waiting game.
Fun, collaborative
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Immaculate Heart Academy15 February 2018
I am a team member and participate in the organization of team events. Our team practices everyday and have typically games twice a week. I help to run the team alongside other teammates.
Great Environmet
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS5 February 2018
Excellent opportunity to learn how to work with others in a group. Also teaches you time management and how to stay organized and focused while on the job.
Pros
Paid
Cons
Low wages, paid once a month
This was not a job.
Coxswain for Yale Men's Varsity Heavyweight Crew (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT3 February 2018
This was not a job, it is an experience from my resume. Later I will go back and fix the resume but right now I just want to search for jobs. The software that automatically uploads past jobs is faulty.
Competitive and thrilling workplace
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ17 January 2018
Working for Club Arrowhead has been one of the best times of my life. This non-profit company cares more about their workers and athletes more then another work place out there.
It was good
Clerk and General Labor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 January 2018
I'm not sure why this is making me review this, but I am a professional athlete and my expenses for competition and travel are covered. This isn't like a job this is something I do.
Excellent
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA4 January 2018
I work for myself in the athletic, entertainment, fashion and digital design world.
Deadlines are manageable and I get to meet a lot of unique people in this line of work.
Pros
Hang with the Dogs
Not a job
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OR13 December 2017
This was not a job it was something I put on my resume because I played sports in high school. I played sports all throughout my life. I also play them in college.
Softball Coach
Head Varsity Coach - Olympian High School (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA1 December 2017
Being a High school softball coach is a passion, you cannot do it for the money. But it is always enjoyable working with kids and helping them reach their goal.
Great working environment
Athletics Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PA21 September 2017
Great working environment, with many friendly faces. Overall, an enjoyable challenge and a place where striving to do your best was expected. I was able to achieve my best here.
Internship/Work Study
Health & Fitness Internship @ Hull Center (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KS6 September 2017
This was the time when I was able to use my education to understand the duties that take place in a health and fitness facility. Being able to give instruction to patrons and how to think quickly while working with newcomers to the facility, by being able to answer their questions with great detail and making them feel comfortable and enjoy there workout experience.
Pros
Worked with peers
Cons
Internship
Great for getting to know people and learn about them and their culture
Member of NAIA Junior Varsity & Varsity Basketball (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 September 2017
Had to do a lot with balancing a schedule between life, school, and being an athlete. It was a fortunate feeling being able to travel to different states which gave time for bonding as a team.
Athletic Administration
Director (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RI6 September 2017
Athletic administration was a wonderful career for me. I enjoyed supervising coaches, planning activities for students and scheduling athletic contests and daily practices
It was part time only (assistant alpine ski coach)
Assistant Alpine Ski Coach (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID13 August 2017
It was the highlight of my day to work with ski racers but only during winter season... Close proximity to Bogus Basin and competition was with National Collegiate Ski Association and not the NCAA. They would never qualify or be invited to the NCAA championships...
Pros
Nice work environment for coaching
Cons
It was only during winter season
great
Member of Oklahoma Football Club (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK14 July 2017
Playing soccer is my passion and I've been always really known in this sport. Having a way to get stress off through a sport is the best feeling in the world.
coach
Division I Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Houston, Renfrewshire4 July 2017
was great helping kids and share my passion for basketball because it helps bring people together and learning teamwork skills in essensical for todays age
Great place to learn management skills
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Bronx NY2 July 2017
A day at work is working the cashier and providing great customer service. Also, set up displays of different alcohol and wines through out the store
Pros
Work with people. Learning management skills.
Cons
No cons.