Athabasca University

Athabasca University Management reviews

Canada32 reviews
There is room for advancement at Athabasca University and management staff are very understanding and supportive. For permanent positions there is a great benefits package as well.
Pros
Free parking at Athabasca Campus
Cons
Athabasca location is 2 hours north of Edmonton
After working at Athabasca University for approx 15 yrs,i truly believed i had found my dream job!And it was for the first 10 yrs!The last 5 were terrible!The University is so broke that there whole thought process is how do we get and keep money!I have dealt with H.R,payroll,supervisors that should never have gotten that postion!and have no idea how to do the job!There is no empathy,respest of workers rights,and bulling is unbelivable!Work was great,supervisors lie and bully to get what they want,and H.R is of no use!To the point were i had to leave! Way to much favouring going on with supervisors and workers that were friends for yrs!Very sad!
Pros
loved the job
Cons
incompetency of supers and above!Nobody cares! Bulling is unbelivable
While the University had excellent staff, the management wasn't so hot. Departments were pressured to cut costs and services to students was compromised. Unsure the shape they're in now.
As I contractor willing to be a permanent staff, I desire to work with a productive and fun workplace like this. My decision was based on the experience I had working with the staffs and management of the company. It was a great experience all together.
Athabasca University is a great place to work, however as of recent continuous change of management resulted in lack of direction, and leadership. Due to recent cuts atmosphere is pretty grim (unlike several years back when it was awesome).
Friendly staff and colleagues Good work life balance Great benefits Lots to learn and work on Good Job security Reasonably good management