Athabasca University
Athabasca University Employee Review

Not a great place now!

7 January 2019
After working at Athabasca University for approx 15 yrs,i truly believed i had found my dream job!And it was for the first 10 yrs!The last 5 were terrible!The University is so broke that there whole thought process is how do we get and keep money!I have dealt with H.R,payroll,supervisors that should never have gotten that postion!and have no idea how to do the job!There is no empathy,respest of workers rights,and bulling is unbelivable!Work was great,supervisors lie and bully to get what they want,and H.R is of no use!To the point were i had to leave! Way to much favouring going on with supervisors and workers that were friends for yrs!Very sad!
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
loved the job
Cons
incompetency of supers and above!Nobody cares! Bulling is unbelivable
29 September 2019
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) - Athabasca, AB
Organization believes very strongly in work life balance. Somewhat slow to adapt to changes, but once embraced they are fully supported and adopted. Was an enjoyable place to work
27 June 2019
Course Developer (Former Employee) - Athabasca, AB
It was an excellent place to work & most people were very friendly. We got lots of time off & when my son passed they were very helpful & even provided me with a counselor & gave me plenty of time off.
18 January 2019
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) - Athabasca, AB
Unfortunately the many higher ups at AU have no idea what the regular workers do or are forced to do. Continually short staffed. But the workers are great, the pay is great and the benefits, if you can get a permanent job, are awesome. They don't like hiring for permanent positions, unfortunately.
Pros
Great staff, great pay, great benefits.
Cons
Too many higher ups who get paid way too much and do too little.