ATCO Employee Reviews

Company is going downhill fast
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2018
The pay and benefits are decent. The work atmosphere can be quite toxic. Morale is low. Management is dishonest. There is no job security.

Many employees hate working for the company and only stay for the pay. Most of them would leave ATCO in a heartbeat if they could earn the same money somewhere else.

If you don't mind working for a shady company that doesn't care about its employees, this could be the place for you.
Good Place To Stay Away From
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB21 March 2018
The CEO of ATCO is not to be trusted in my view. She has a hard time telling the truth because she spends a lot of time telling so many lies. One after the other. As a result of her lack of character, she controls the people below her to have the same unscrupulous - do anything to cover up and make a dollar approach.
Her workplace is conducive to harassment and bullying. You're just another number here and you might as well get to know your place.
Pros
Some Extrordinary Supervisors and Managers, Some great staff members, Some good safety policies
Cons
Harrasement, Black listing of some employee's, Nepotism, Workplace Bullying, Favortism
amazing company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
working 10;00 am - 10;00 pm
through the years of working at ATCO i learned how to work as a team player
excellent management, very skilled
hardest part of the job was challenging the other cooks to work up to high standards, and responsibility
i enjoyed working a manager position during night shift because i knew to make sure everyone was happy at work
Pros
good relationship with management and the chef
Cons
having to remind staff about safety
Nice place to work at but advancement limited
Lead Hand/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2017
Working as lead hand supervising about 6 to 8 women in the skinning dept. later and electricians . Making and installing wiring harnesses.
In the skinning department. The skin to the trailer or unit where installed
Pros
Great place to learn new things
Cons
Stifled avacementment
Mean people, outdated, low morale
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
The management staff are mean, rude and backstabbing only looking out for themselves. They give no incentives to staff to encourage them to do better or grow within the company. Everything is outdated and sure they say things will get better but this has been the case for years, the small little improvements don't make up for a number of things wrong with working there. It is a toxic environment.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
Provided hospitality reception services to the camp residents
- Compiled, copied, sorted, and filed records of office activities, reservations requests, weekly billings and corrections
- Accommodated for reservation requests
- Coordinated with other camp departments such as housekeeping and maintenance to ascertain all rooms are clean and well maintained
- Ensured data stored in the system with respect to resident information, resident requests, room availability, check in/ checkout information, as well as housekeeping/maintenance work orders are up to date
welcome back to Ft. Mac BBQ
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2016
we worked 10 days welcoming back the persons that had been evacuated during the fires, we fed over 50,000 residents and works over in 8 day period. it was a blast, great people. most fun I've had cooking in a long time
Poor senior management
BA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2015
I worked for two ATCO companies. My first was ATCO Itek. My immediate manager was fantastic and my co-workers were great. I had a wonderful experience with this particular ATCO company, which unfortunately no longer exists.

After hoping to change my career path and moving to ATCO Pipelines in a different role I experienced a completely different environment.

ATCO Pipelines management team simply do not empower the staff. There is a level of complacency that I've never experienced in a company before. The lack of leadership and guidance ultimately led to a miserable experience. That, along with a President who treats his staff like children and seems to be on a continual power trip, led to my eventual departure.

To sum it up, each ATCO company is different, so do your research before accepting an offer.
Pros
Great benefits and solid pay
Cons
Poor senior management
It was an okay company
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 April 2015
10 hours a day. I have learned a lot .Management was okay little unfair at times.My coworkers were great.The most enjoyable part of my job were the client.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
fun to play games with residents
extendicare nursing home (Current Employee) –  fort macleod1 April 2015
a typical day at work is makeing sure people are safe warm and feed and dry,i have learned to slow down in my work.the people i work with are good people i can ask questions.the hardest part of my job is not to get,too attached to the residents,the most enjoyable part of my job is the residents,and their stories.
Cons
haveing to get up early for work
All the work is Productive work for me
CS&L Officer (Current Employee) –  Arif wala Pakistan6 February 2014
1st day was my typical day at work.
I learned LE module deeply at the stage of Retail business.
Management is so cooperative
my co workers are also very active in his work they understand every thing according to situation
No part is hardest of my job every part of my job work is so easy
Making Dispatches is the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Medical, anualy increments bonus, lunches etc
Cons
8 hours defined duty extra hour duty performed mark as over time
Atco
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Atikameg, AB25 September 2013
It was a good working experience with that company I would work for them again my co-workers also enjoyed working there learning how to build the towers for the power lines was a good learning experience.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
Red Seal Carpenter. General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2013
Loved working with Atco for years. Learned so much over the time spent with them. New management came into Atco in the passed few months and things went down hill. Co-workers and my self didn't like the way things were going. Overall I loved the years with Atco and now its just time to move on.
Pros
safe work place and great people to work with
Cons
Politics with upper management and head office
Very good company, Excellent environemnt
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2013
One of the best companies that I have ever worked, You learn and work, they have a lot of projects and do care about people.
The most enjoyable part is training
Pros
lots of trainings
Cons
na