ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

Go go go
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2019
Rush rush rush. Blue prints are not accurate and you get the blame for not knowing any better. Expected to know how to build better than atco lifers who will talk down to you.
Pros
7-3:30, steady pay wgen not laid off
Cons
Constantly pushed and greenhorns bossing red seals around.
this place is very unorganized and unprofessional.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2019
This company is very unorganized crew leaders are slow to take charge. The lead hands give minimal instructions if you are a good worker they get you to do a bunch of different task then at the end of the day you don't have time to clean up and its your fault. You will get in trouble for it from the plant manager who doesn't pay full attention to what happens the day before. Then he goes around yelling at people the safety guys don't do anything productive. There is no room for advancement if you have any knowledge they will get you to train every guy they can so your Lead-hand will look good. Lack of trainers and minimal pay all I can say is this is truly a dead end job with good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training, No room for advancement, Low pay, No organization, To many cons to list.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2019
My position as Plant Administrator allowed me to work with many cultural employees from many aspects of Atco Structures and Logistics. My favourite and most beneficial was setting up new employees with new hire packages and showing them what Atco had to offer. e.g. Flex benefits, growth with in the co., product, work ethics and exercise facilities; all along with maintaining the PPE safety of Atco through out the warehouse.
Pros
I loved my job, and working in a team oriented environment
Cons
company slow down
expect way too much from employees
house keeper (Former Employee) –  two rivers camp at Fort St John BC22 April 2019
Expect far too much work from people.
Management act as if they are gods
Safety don't have any idea about proper safety in the workplace
Managers expected us to clean 42 rooms per day, among other work we had to do, then there was never any supplies for us to properly do our work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
treated like slaves
Amazing Company
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 March 2019
ATCO is an amazing company to work for. They have great leaders and pride themselves on helping their staff grow to be a better employee and person.

ATCO will help you grow within the company as your own speed with great mangers and upper staff, and great mentors.
Cons
Contract work - min of 5 years
Produtive ans fun environment
Basebord and lava base finial finishing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2019
Best kind job for anyone to have it's a family coordinated I raised my two kids as a single mom and ATCO was the best benefits and hourly pay. I miss working for them I wish I could get hired again.
Transportation
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 February 2019
Coordinated many ATCO units coming in and out of ATCO yard. Ensured all paper work was in order and ready for drivers picking up and dropping off. Great company atmosphere and staff.
Good steady working company
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2019
I was an electrician, my duty was wiring electrical cable, communication cable, fire alarm cable into the units. Installed switches, light fixtures, receptacles, fire alarm devices, furnace, air condition into the unit. Wiring electrical and fire alarm panels.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Not clear instruction on electrical blue prints
OK but needs work
Building Operator and Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
Fun place to work but it needs better management team that has more experience. Lots of the issue stem with lack of knowledge in the field. Some changes have been made since two years ago.
Great job and staff are amazing
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2019
The staff are what makes the job a great experience. Long hours of work with good pay. long travel for myself as I live out of province which make it difficult to be away from the family.
Do not recommend
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Prairie, QC6 January 2019
Treats their employees like you are a number. Was let go after 10 years for no explained reason. Turn over is ridiculous and very unorganized. Do note recommend.
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2018
That’s the best company I ever worked in my last ge in Canada. Friendly work environment. Always Management takecaring workers. I really missed that place.
Pros
Always free to eat
Cons
10hours
Productive and professional company
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB31 October 2018
Hard working company that puts production and workers first. Hours are good and alot of opportunity to work overtime and climb the ladder up within the workplace.
Busy and positive work environment
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2018
Short Term project, tight work schedule, good pay, excellent management.

Atco has a very serious and strong safety culture,

I would definitely take the opportunity to work for them again.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
Short term contract
great pay, horrible managment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB3 October 2018
the other employees are great and we considered eachother family but the managment was horrible ... making people do things out of their job describe that were not safe and constantly threatened peoples jobs.
Great Benefits, Very Insecure Company, Politics play a big role in most decision
Design and Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2018
The benefits are good, they used to have a friendly atmosphere with helpful employees.
This company is very unstable, when the oil and gas price goes down they start letting people go. the way that they let people go or treat them is not fair at all. It is not based on employee's performance just politics play a big role in most important decisions.
the way that they let their employee go is the cruelest thing that I have ever experienced.
I am still regretful for accepting the offer at ATCO S&L or even for staying longer than what I needed to.

My suggestion is If you get hired by ATCO S&L, never stay there for longer than 1.5 to 2 years. If you don't leave the company they will let you go when they get slow. You rarely find employees with more than 5 years experience in this company.
Maintain a clean and safe work camp
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Resolute, NU20 June 2018
Daily cleaning of rooms includes making beds, garbage removal, dusting, vacuuming and bathrooms.
Cleaning public areas such as reception, fitness centre and washrooms.
Laundry.
productive
Intermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
learned how to design the vacuum sewage system for the prefabricated units shipped to overseas.

the hardest part was manual drafting.

the most enjoyable part was working in a public area so that every disciplines can communicate easily.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not much overtimes
Lots of Layoffs
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
The pay was decent and the benefits were great, but layoffs are frequent. The work was repetitive and a lot of people dislike that, but I found it comfortable. All in all, for the industry, you could do worse.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Frequent layoffs
productive
Class 1 Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
very friendly environment ..salarty was competitive..enjoyed my time working with atco structures.. moral was always high which made for a great working ATMOSPHERE