ATCO Pipelines Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Vibrant and fun work culture
Pipelines Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2016
As a pipeline engineer I organize and manage capital projects for ATCO Pipelines' pipeline engineering group. This was a great experience with a mixture of both project management and technical duties. The culture at ATCO Pipelines is phenomenal and they promote growth and leadership with all their employees. I worked with many people in different professions and trades and it helped me gain a broader understanding with working in industry.
Pros
Fast pace learning environment
Cons
Work away from family
Fun, respectful and family oriented workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2014
ATCO pipelines was always working to better their employees by providing training, great technical support and a supportive and respectful group of managers.
Going to work was always enjoyable.
Miss doing this type of work
Transmission Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2013
Liked the work. Was an area operator and gave support to the other operators. Pipeline patrol was a required duty and was always interesting. Repair signage and look for activity in the right of ways.Would test and repair all types of regulators,positioners,reliefs,vavles and esds. Did emergancy response 24hr call out duty. Freeze offs, over pressures, blowing reliefs, high differential on filters, compressor alarms, gas odour calls, low temperature calls on line heaters,gas quality,odourant,buy back after plants have upsets,H2S,low air alarms,low N2 alarms,door or site alarms. My favourite job was building new sites.Have done lots of wrenching,lining up flanges and bent installed miles of tubbing. Liked everyone and was very well liked. There wasn't a hardest part to the job enjoyed all aspects.
Pros
travelling had a big area. all of southern ab.
Cons
lost our christmas turkey bonus