ATCO Frontec Employee Reviews

Working in a war zone was not an easy placement as death was on your door step every day.
Fire Chief/Fire Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary Canada20 March 2013
I was involued in setting up a Fire Service of Kanadhar Airfield. The most used single runway in the world. We had a Mulit- Nation Fire service and it was a very busy day in dealing with aircraft emergencies. Handling stress was the key to holding a fire service together as every day brought a new problem to deal with. The management were always changing and this was hard to deal with as I had 5 project managers in 3 and half years. The co-workers were good to work with but we lost 60% of our staff after the first year of operations and then we hand to rebuild the fire service again. The hardest part of my job was dealing with men who were having to deal with stressful situations as there was no company support staff in place to deal with these type of problems and we losted alot of good fire fighters on returning to there home Countries. The challenge was great and exciting there is no other Fire Chief in Canada that I know off that has completed a task such as this,a career accomplishment.
Pros
the challenge
Cons
long hours, rocket attachs, soldiers deaths almost daily as we lived nest to the hospital, dirty air and always wind blowing
I liked to work for Emergency Services
Chief Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kandahar Air Field29 February 2016
Hello
This was another great job. I started out as a dispatcher and within three months I was promoted to the Chief Dispatcher. Challenging some days when there are a lot of emergencies but overall very rewarding.

A typical day had me answering calls from radios, walkie talkie's, phones and intercoms. Seven sources in all and they were quite busy. I learned a lot about the Fire Department and the Crash Fire Rescue Services. I had great coworkers and the small team really worked well together to complete tasks.

The hardest part of the job was being away from family all the time as this was a contract on an airfield in the Middle East. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the department and learning new skills.

I took 3 communications courses while in this position. I love to learn so this was a bonus.

Great Company
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT28 October 2013
Long hours. Logistical challenging. Great team, timing, Days off.