ATCO Frontec

ATCO Frontec Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Great people to work with in this camp
Wonderful fellow employees who are helpful and very courteous
Remote location - a day of travel in and out

Work schedule was two weeks in two weeks out
The camp needs a new manager who can organize the work loads properly. Very disorganized ! As well as the Heath n safety of the workers. Very stressed
The work loads should be illegal with the Labour laws brought in. The manager is a company man who doesn't care about the work loads giving to the staff as well as being short staffed steady. The staff are overwhelmed with the work. I personally wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company !.
Collaborative, visionary
In this age of economic uncertainty, I am impressed with the goals and ambitions presented by this company. Its leadership is both accessible and active, and people feel empowered to contribute to the company culture. I consider myself very lucky to have landed a contract to work here, and I hope that it leads to more.
lodge manager
The company, the people I worked with and the clients at the camp were amazing however the lodge manager herself showed extreme lack of leadership and management skills.
Pros
rotation 2and2
Cons
paid for yourself to fly to work, lodge manager
Treat people like garbage
Unprofessional. It's just as a way people work the way management training them.
Not enough tools. They don't train people.

It's a total unorganized. I don't this they even know what is means hospitality.
Great company with a vision for the future
Have been given a lot of opportunity to grow here. Leadership team is quite new, but they are committed to growing the company and not afraid of anyone bringing innovative ideas to the table. They empower employees to make decisions, take risks and learn from them. There seems to be a sense of pride when people say they work for Frontec. Accomplishments are recognized and celebrated openly.
Pros
Culture is supportive and positive. Opportunities for growth and advancement, and chance to work in very unique and challenging locations.
Allowed me to enjoy a long career
Was a great company to work for, has undergone many restrcutureing initiatives. Met some woneerful people and was allowed the opportunity to manage my own portfolio. Great work/ life balance.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
constent change restructuring with little information
Great company to work for.
Spent a lifetime with them, until a contract was lost. Travel, and each day was different offering challenges to explore your wealth of training, and experience.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Away from home 8 months a year
dark and lonely
The job required sitting in a basement without any windows for 12 hours a day. Not ideal. The management was nice and supportive but it was not a place i wanted to stay.
Great
Fantastic Security before being sold. Lots of opportunities if you wanted/showed interest. Good people to work around. Nothing bad to say treated me right unfortunately its a changing world in business and a decision was made to contract security out instead of in house.
Pros
Great buildings to work in.
Security in Kandahar, Afghanistan
Job was great until mishap with management. Unproven case, so they laid me off and never apologized for it. I loved working in Afghanistan supporting our troops but just got hired by wrong company for it.
Cons
Not good management levels
I liked to work for Emergency Services
Hello
This was another great job. I started out as a dispatcher and within three months I was promoted to the Chief Dispatcher. Challenging some days when there are a lot of emergencies but overall very rewarding.

A typical day had me answering calls from radios, walkie talkie's, phones and intercoms. Seven sources in all and they were quite busy. I learned a lot about the Fire Department and the Crash Fire Rescue Services. I had great coworkers and the small team really worked well together to complete tasks.

The hardest part of the job was being away from family all the time as this was a contract on an airfield in the Middle East. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the department and learning new skills.

I took 3 communications courses while in this position. I love to learn so this was a bonus.

Great Company
Long hours. Logistical challenging. Great team, timing, Days off.
Working in a war zone was not an easy placement as death was on your door step every day.
I was involued in setting up a Fire Service of Kanadhar Airfield. The most used single runway in the world. We had a Mulit- Nation Fire service and it was a very busy day in dealing with aircraft emergencies. Handling stress was the key to holding a fire service together as every day brought a new problem to deal with. The management were always changing and this was hard to deal with as I had 5 project managers in 3 and half years. The co-workers were good to work with but we lost 60% of our staff after the first year of operations and then we hand to rebuild the fire service again. The hardest part of my job was dealing with men who were having to deal with stressful situations as there was no company support staff in place to deal with these type of problems and we losted alot of good fire fighters on returning to there home Countries. The challenge was great and exciting there is no other Fire Chief in Canada that I know off that has completed a task such as this,a career accomplishment.
Pros
the challenge
Cons
long hours, rocket attachs, soldiers deaths almost daily as we lived nest to the hospital, dirty air and always wind blowing
Great Company
Great people, understanding of others needs. Always training available for employees who want to learn more about the company and advance in the company.