ATCO Electric Employee Reviews

I wish I still worked here do to slow down they had shortage of work
Warehouse women (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB15 April 2018
A day in the warehouse typically consists of receiving inventory and logging completed using Orical.
Put materials away and in proper places.
Printed, picked , prepared sales orders & MWF’s for shipping.
Prepared inventory allocation
Pros
Payed well, stayed busy all day it’s a large warehouse
Cons
They slowed down and payed off.
ok not challenging
Journeyman Lineman (Current Employee) –  bonnyville7 February 2018
not everyone likes the remote areas and the slow pace of growth. once you are a teamlead there is no or little room for growth and the remote location makes external education not possiable
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
little room to grow
overall good work experience,
Powerline Surveyor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta16 January 2018
overall good work experience, majority of coworkers easy to get along with.
Upper management is dysfunctional and out of touch, very elitist.
HR does not like to talk in person but will answer emails.
Average benefits, but does have a good share purchase policy and RRSP contributions
Pros
good share purchase policy and RRSP contributions
Cons
Upper management is dysfunctional and out of touch, very elitist
To be added later
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
The review will be added at a later date when the information has been gone through thru. At that time all required fields will be completed as requested.
A great place to work where core values are upfront.....with Excellence!
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2017
A great place where growth and development is ahead keeping core values upfront. A place where Excellence! Doing more than others expect...is always the motto. A great friendly work environment.
Pros
Development, Team work, Innovative
Great company very efficient
Operator/apprentice (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB23 November 2017
The safety culture is huge and they care so much about you going home safe every day great team members willing to teach all you have to do is ask very great company to work for
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Loved working here
Fixed Assets Administrator Level V (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2017
Great company to work for, I had great team members, and learned a lot.
Knowledgeable management that were very supportive and this was one of the best jobs I ever had.
The only reason I left was because I retired.
Pros
too many to mention
Na
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2017
Dynamic wok environment. Fantastic company to work for. Plenty of opportunity to grow professionally and learn new skills. Adaptive to change is a must.
ATCO provides an amazing experience to learn and advance
Apparatus Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my time with ATCO. They gave me valuable field experience and the management was superb. Would recommend to anyone who is looking to work there
Loved working here, but couldn't stand my immediate supervisor any longer
III & IV Clerk, MD Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
Would still be working here if I had a different supervisor. This woman was so bad at managing people that she managed to chase 3 hard-working people off her team into other positions within the company.
I loved it here. Such a shame...
Good company
CONSTRUCTION PLANNING ENGINEER, E.I.T (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
great company for engineers, very good working environment, Strong management team, they compensate well. good work life balance. they had their downturn but it is picking back up.
over all. Not bad.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 May 2017
Daily work was ok. But getting more experience was not great. Often there was no ability to expand knowledge base. Vey repetitive work.
Training and safety are important to the company. But often I could see that higher levels of management were out of touch with the workers needs, or even the needs of the work/job. At a general worker level, low stress. Once you promote up the ladder, you lose your hair with the politics.
but really....what work place doesn't have that.
Good luck to you that is reading this. Keep an eye on the market trends on oil. They laid off 1/3 of the company in 2012.
Pros
good work, good pay.
Cons
not great options for expanding experience. repetitive
Very good learning experience for a first year engineer
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2017
Would recommend ATCO to any future employees. Management is very knowledgeable. It was a pleasure working for them. I worked in the power sector
Good Pay
Central Work Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB9 May 2017
It's a good company that puts safety first. Shift work makes for a good work-home life balance. Management could use some sensitivity and leadership training.
Overall a good experience
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
I enjoyed working for ATCO Electric. However, I think I will not be able to further my career in such a company no matter how good of an employee I am.
grate place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 March 2017
i learned a lot while working with the good people at Atco Electric in Fort Mcmurray. there was a very safe work ethic in everything we did , everything was discussed and written down and the correct solution reached with ease.
Pros
good hours
Cons
job security
Comfortable and warm work environment
Summer Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2017
During my time there, I had several tasks, including drafting, cleaning up folders, making maps and working on a database.
I learned to balance meticulousness with time management and how to figure out the more important tasks.
The managers were friendly and approachable, for the most part. I really enjoyed my time there. It was my first foray into the professional engineering world, and it was a very positive one.
Pros
Meeting people my age
safe workplace environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB12 January 2017
great place to work with friendly people. lots of learning and different types of products to gain knowledge about. safe work environment, with fantastic management
Decent
Powerline Technician (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB3 January 2017
This is a decent place to work.There are great people in this company working together for a common goal. I wish that there had been more longevity in my job since I was laid off due to economic downturn.
good place to develop your career and work with a diverse group of professionals.
Distribution technologist; Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB27 December 2016
ATCO electric has a global business unit and is a very large company with many disciplines in the utility group. The company is progressive and likes to have highly trained people working for it. I have learned many new technologies and developed my skills over the years to a very comfortable level of electrical knowledge and would not hesitate to look for more challenges within the company and outside if the opportunity presented itself.
Atco is a very diversified company and has a good overall business model to make the company attractive to investors and employees.
The management is always looking for new opportunities to diversify the operations base, and expects the employees to be professional and act in good faith in all it's daily operations.
There is a very diverse group of people that make this company function and your daily activity involves many different aspects of interaction from technical issues to public complaints and always placing safety first in all aspects of the work plan.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lots of paper work, processes to learn.