ATB Financial
View all ATB Financial reviews

ATB Financial

ATB Financial Employee Review

Great Co-workers, Depressing Management

As an entry level employee, you'll discover quickly that promotion is the name of the game. As a crown corporation, ATB has very limited ability to give raises. Therefore, they deal in promotions instead. As a result, you have a painfully bloated and cutthroat middle management and a pitiably pilfered and overworked front line. The middle management is always cooking up schemes to better train or direct the front line, but the front line is never given the time or resources to properly implement them. Their solution? Hire more managers! They are also very guilty of virtue signalling their "positive culture" without actually being virtuous. I liked the work, I loved the coworkers, I adored the clients, but the bloated, meddlesome and ineffectual glut of upper echelon staff (whose paychecks were made possible by gutting and overworking the front line) made it the most stressful job I've ever had.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Great Culture but Low Pay

A positive working culture was really enforced at ATB, however this does vary from branch to branch. Emphasis on weekly coaching, team meetings, bonding events, and inclusivity. Salaries with ATB are very poor and from what I've heard very rarely are increased.

Pros

Great Culture, Great People

Cons

Low Salary
Same role

Interesting management, great group of people.

While the people who work around you are intuitive and fun to be around, the work is stressfull and management could be a bit better. They did provide me with everything I needed while going through some personal issues so they do care about you in some ways.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Management could be better.
Same role

No table tennis but gym. Yes fun place to work at.

Fun place to work at. nice colleagues and nice bosses. One of the best companies I will recommend ATB to my friends and family. Talking to clients helping them with their every day banking

Benefits

Cons

Weekend shifts sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement