ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
Freedom to think outside the box and find ways to make banking work for team members and customers. The management - from top to bottom cares about their workers and empowers you to do your job.
Great Leaning Experience
Account Officer - Business and Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
Great entry level job for anyone looking to pursue a career in finance.
There are many different departments for which ever career path you are looking for.
Alberta Crown Corporation
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
A stratified environment on the path from a widely decentralised SCM and procurement environment to a centre-led schema. With 35 VP led departments, each with it's own procurement and Strategic sourcing models, Change management was a challenge and not without pitfalls.
A greta place to work
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
I would rate this as oneof the most fun places I've ever worked as team and results are equally balanced. They have found a way to get things done without forgetting who they are and serve
Pros
Team Events, Culture
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB2 May 2018
a typical day at work was busy but not stressful.
The hardest part of the job was that the money had to be extremely accurate
The best part was that the team was very welcoming and always pulled together
Great culture
Director of User Experience Research (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2018
I love working with ATB Financial. They challenge me to do and be my best self. We work hard and play hard. They provide a lot of training and growth opportunities. They also have a work from home policy if needed or desired.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB16 April 2018
working with this company was enjoyable, the customers are great and the work week is good, the benefits are fairly decent allowing you to have time w\ family
what i learned
Service Advice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
I learnt a lot from the company, through the different trainings and my managers. It was a great experience with the different cultures and personality.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Good place to learn new Skills
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 April 2018
1. Good place to learn new skills
2. Work culture is awesome.
3. Management is very supportive, always encourage to do the right thing.
4. Lot of training opurtunities are available.
Pros
Great Work Culture
Great company
Community Investment Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Amazing staff engagement, happy to go to work each day, great hours weekly and offered lots of opportunity for advancement. Great company to work for!
Pros
Flexibility and Engagement
Cons
Management at the time
Was ok place to start career but weird culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2018
If you read company values they seem to be a great place to work but they do not live them (values). HR not interested in being transparent. Internal candidates not always considered for roles even when they are the best candidate.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Non transparent management
Good work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2018
Great benefits. Encourage working from home and personal health. Company culture is better than big banks, however ATB has too many restructures and its confusing.
Pros
Workplace 2.0
Cons
Too many management levels
Great place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Waskatenau, AB8 March 2018
I loved talking and getting to know all my customers. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. The work was mentally challenging and always kept me on my toes, but it was not stressful at all.
Pros
Great hours!
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 February 2018
Excellent employer cares a lot about team members. Not the highest paying bank but employee benefits do make up for the lower salary. Would recommend working for ATB.
no comment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
I do not wish to comment on my experience with ATB financial if you want to work there go ahead and apply it was a great experience as a young person..
Energetic and proactive office environment
Senior Vendor Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary Campus22 January 2018
I started with ATB just over a year ago, after a 20 year absence from the banking industry - one I vowed never to return to. But ATB is not like working for a bank. It is collaborative, enthusiastic, open and encouraging. Don't get me wrong, there are still procedures and the likes, necessary in the financial industry, but there is definitely a different culture here, than at the Big 5 from down east.
You are encouraged to think outside the box (5% of your day), and not to be afraid to share those ideas. Constant learning is also encouraged, with 10% of our day to be dedicated to that. If able, you can arrange to work from home, which makes it easy to work around appointments and the like. One of the ATBs ("rules to work by") is to Have Fun Everyday. Don't see that a lot in other industries, let alone banking!
Pros
Open, collaborative culture, free banking, ability to work from home
Cons
Salary can seem a little on the low side
Great company to work for
Senior Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
ATB Financial provides a wide range of career opportunities and advancement. They are willingly to work with you further your career (provides courses within the company, coaching, etc). Friendly and High pace environment. Involved with the local community (fundraisers, charities, etc). The hardest part of my job was being laid off. I would go apply with ATB Financial given the opportunity.
Pros
benefits, multi-cultural, encourages employee engagement
Unique culture that promotes team work
Director of Treasury and Payments Solutions (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB16 January 2018
ATB- Corporate Financial Services has been my home for 7 years. I enjoyed working with top notch professionals.
CFS is one of the core areas of the bank, and you get to interact with diverse knowledgeable people.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Communication could be more effective
Wasted 10 years working for this company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
Where did I start? If you want a job that has work-life balance this is not the place, work overload poor management, expected to work 12 hour shift, benefits are a joke, still dealing with system issues after 7 years, I use to love working for ATB but the workplace culture is in the ground with managers that are not capable of doing their duties and not caring enough for customers . TRUST ME this review comes from someone who was there for 10 years. ATB Doesn't Listen.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Follow the ethics and all employees respect each other. This is one the top employer in Canada. Company uses the latest tool in technology