ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Great Organization
Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2019
The culture overall is great, excellent benefits and workspaces. The company has a great vision however there are some in senior leadership that do not actually line up with it, so depending on the department you are in, or the role, you may or may not be able to advance. As far as a place to make a great career though, would recommend.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Experience differs depending on area you work in
A consistent Top 10 Place to Work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2018
ATB Financial is a tremendous place to work, with great people who want to make a difference for their customers. Work/Life balance is taken seriously and there are many opportunities for advancement.
Team Members take pride in their work and are made to feel integral in company operations. Highly Recommended!
Pros
Great Culture, cutting edge tech, fantastic people.
Cons
none.
Customer focused
Personal Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2018
When you work in a branch a typical day would include greeting customers, taking appointments, answering phones and emails, assisting and training fellow staff members and all other office related duties. I've learned that the customer is the most important piece of the puzzle. It is vital to keep the customers happy not only as a repeat client but also as an advocate on your behalf. I feel the culture is very diverse. You meet a lot of different people that have a lot of different talents. The hardest part of the job is having to decline a potential client for the loan that they recently applied for whether it be for their dream home or to pay off debt. It just makes me feel sad that I have to let them down. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet tons of new people to build future relationships with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Taking your work home with you
Great place but is changing for the worst the past 2 years...
Coordinator - Innovation Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2018
It used to be a very positive and uplifting place years ago and the past two years they keep packaging out the people that have heart and drive which is what they say they want but lay them off first. Benefits are incredible but they are changing all the management with people who do not have work life balance which makes it hard when you need that.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
I have truly enjoyed working at ATB. It has a superb culture, values and management. They take good care of their employees, the pay is good and so are the benefits. I would not hesitate to work at ATB again, when given the chance.
An excellent organization --culturally very forward looking and focused on change.
Lead project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2018
As a contractor I found ATB to be a very fast paced and forward-looking organization. They move quickly and in a very direct way. A typical day is busy , but there culture does allow for fun also.

Management appears to be well ahead of the curve on IT, and copes well with resource constraints. It is also very good at thinking out of the box.

The hardest part of working at ATB is keeping pace with the every increasing demand during a large project as decisions often pile up.

The best part of working at ATB is the positive culture and attitude.
Pros
out of the box thinking.
Cons
workload can be heavy at times.
Change
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Provost, AB4 September 2018
Life is changing and there is little advancement in where i would like to be but love ATB and its values if there was a chance for advancement and the training where i am at perhaps it would be easier . My other half does not live close by and its time for change i would love to stay with ATB where i plan on going but i do not see opportunities yet where i am going . I am only looking at my options at this point unfortunately .
Benefits
Cons
Minimal advancement
Work
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
Stressful, so much emphasis on self management, yet training is not thorough enough to set you up for success from the beginning. The culture seems to be waning so not sure what the culture is now. hardest part of the job is sometimes it can be thankless and everyone develops think skin to empathy.
Was a great place to work.
Technical Assistant, Evaluations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta28 September 2018
I very much enjoyed working for ATB Financial and it was a very supportive atmosphere at one time.

It was a place that was positive and everyone got along.

I feel that recent changes in management, operating systems and new culture etc were not conducive to my continuing employment there.
Ensure work life balance
Support Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
ATB is a fun place to work at, be it their branches or Campus. Good benefits and take care of their employees. Ensure employees have a good work-life balance.
Interesting, educational, active, professional, positive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
- The job was simple because it was a school trip for a week that gave us a chance to see what it was for those who worked in a professional environment is like.
- We learned how money was taken in and out of the volt, how the customer service representatives helped and gave the customers a positive and helpful moment in the bank, and gave us an educational idea on if this is the type of career we would like for our future which is very considerate of them.
- Management was very eye opening because we found out how hard working they are and what they had to do in order for the work place to move swiftly.
- The work environment was very multicultural, and gave me an idea on how well other ethnicities can work together as a team. It is truly inspiring.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to memorize every part of the till and the computer work that allows them to gain access to a customers account or records.
- The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning advance and complicated tasks that are challenging to anyone.
Pros
free access to an interesting career, people skills, gaining customer service skills
Cons
hard work, memorization, computer skills, mathamatical expertise
Back stabbing culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2018
It's not uncommon to have someone swoop in to take credit for your work. If you like living in a culture of "you never know when you'll be fired without reason" then this is the place for you!
Internal Assurance Partner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2018
ATB Financial is a fantastic place to work. The company offers tonnes of benefits/perks, and supports work-life balance. I would definitely recommend people to apply for jobs here.
ATB Financial is a great company to be part of
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 January 2019
ATB as a whole is a great corporation to work for, they have a great family culture and believe in helping everyone. They have a passion for their team members and their clients. I love what they do everyday. They are more than just a bank. They have a passion to listen to their clients before anything and the same goes for their team members. They believe in development and will help you grow and move forward.
Amazing workplace! Highly recommend
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
ATB was one of the best employers I have worked with!
Very good opportunities for internal growth/advancement
Amazing work life balance, upper management was very supportive
Senior CSR
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Great to company and Co-workers to work with. Great Benefits but Immediate Management is not that great. Repetitive tasks, within less time frame lots of work and catch up, short staff, lots of pressure to complete tasks and follow up.
Personally, The best Alberta employer
Service Advice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
One of the best companies I have had the privilege and pride in working for!

The company strives to deliver a bold, iconic and world-class experience for each and every customer.
The company values you as an employee and you are always made to feel that you are a part of the wheels of structure and have the immediate support of your peers and management.

Wonderful work and life balance of which is of the utmost important to your well-being as an associate and team member coupled with a wonderful work diversity.

Great work benefits and perks coupled with insightful and helpful peers or associates makes your time at the workplace more interesting and progressive.

Your success is determined by your performance and there are plenty of opportunities to move around and all training and support is provided to lead on your road to success.

The best part about dealing with the customers is that you are empowered by your peers and team leaders to be as influential and as 'yourself' as possible. You will not be addressed to be a different person because who you are is why they would hire you in the first place. Your character/persona and charisma will be exploited which will make your job much easier.

The ethos, I believe can be surmised as, regarding customer service, is 'not by the book, but by the heart'.

Create lasting relationships and serve the customer's best interests and provide a suitable and tailored resolution so that each customer feels an “personal” experience.

I was laid- off with no regrets and still would highly recommend a career with ATB
  more... Financial.

I confidently foresee many successes with ATB Financial and am positive that they will exceed all your expectations of an employer.
Pros
Best employee assistance, support and training
Cons
Personal matter
poor
Workflow Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2018
No support from managers, little support or no resources to do your work. Work life balance was good and benefits where great other than that poor experience
Team Bonding
Personal Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2018
ATB takes the time to involve each and every team member on a day to day basis. This includes daily huddles and share time. This allows everyone to talk about the news of the day or maybe something closer to home; ie the birth of a new nephew. I feel this open experience allows our team to really bond, more like a family than co workers
Benefits
Cons
Micro-managing
Atb
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB17 January 2019
Overall ATB was a great company to work for with excellent opportunities for advancement. They also provide enough training and continual training on the job to ensure you are able to serve Albertans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.