ATB Financial
Updates from ATB Financial:

ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Canada284 reviews
Think Yes First Workforce / Lacking Leadership
Friendly atmosphere where everyone helps each other and clients out where possible. No leadership accountabilities in place. Silos and disconnected work.
To dependant on Oil
Do not recommend working for this company. When oil fell a few years ago it was impossible to get new loans completed as well as a heavy deposit focus. Which in a declining market is not likely to happen
Great place to work, the culture is excellent
From the CEO down, leadership is tremendous. I would recommend ATB Financial to anyone looking for a fast paced leading edge company. The ever changing landscape is challenging and rewarding
Started out good
When I started there it was a great environment, but over the years the culture slowly degraded and by then end it was not that great of a workplace. Company offers good benefits and near the end that's all that I looked forward too.
Easy Place to work
A very relaxed bank that has very poor internal systems and training. It's a good place to work if you are very keen on work life balance. Confined to Alberta.
Untrue slogan
ATB has a slogan “We listen” this is not true for clients or staff. The lack of leadership is appalling. Right from the top with Curtis Stange all the way down. Not one person in management wants to hear the truth. Staff who are not “yes” men are punished in creative ways.
I do not recommend ATB as a place to work or bank
You are only a NUMBER
This company has lied to me from the start. I joined as a different position and moved up and was told I would get a raise but didn’t. There is favoritism only they don’t care about you or your work. It boils down to what the top management can gain.

Please do not consider this as a work place.
Great company
Really enjoy work life balance salary freeze by gov is painful but overall good management, a bit over the top at times checking in on work but they have to to ensure profits
Productive and fun place to work in for IT consultants
Very good work life balance, one of the best Tech-banks in Canada.
Lot to learn technically.

good leadership opportunities.

Management appreciates to take risk
Pros
work from home
Productive and encouraging
Very professional environment. Management value their staff and encourage them. I worked three months remotely from Toronto and I had full support from management and other teams.
Production and funwork place
TYPIcL Dy T WORK
How to Prepare a Response

Consider the position you are applying for and how your current or past positions relate to it. Make a list of some of the key tasks you do in a typical work week. Review your list and check off the tasks that match the requirements of the position you're seeking. Focus on those tasks when answering this question.

Take a close look at the job description, and make a list of two or three of the qualities the employer seems to be looking for in an applicant. The company may stress organizational skills or someone who gets along well with others. Make sure that your answer to this question emphasizes how you demonstrate those key qualities regularly at your current job.

The more you can connect your past experience with the job opening, the better you will be at answering the question.

Tips for Answering

You don't want to recite your workday hour by hour. Focus on a few main tasks, and describe briefly how you go about them.

If the new job requires soexamples. For instance, if you say that you work with the sales team to address pressing customer service issues, cite an issue that came up and how you addressed it.

If you have a job where every day is very similar, provide a more detailed look at one day, and explain that most days follow a similar pattern.

What Not to Say

It should be obvious that it's not a good idea to talk about non-work related activities that you do on company time, but applicants have been known to chat about how they are often late to work or they like to take long lunch breaks to work
 - more...
Good Experience
The role was effective at learning more about the industry and understanding different paths to take in the industry. Salary left more to be desired and there is not enough room for growth at the branch level.
Excellent
Confident and humble for all the achievements I have received, it’s about having fun, loving that we do, being good at it, and delivering outstanding results and experience.
Productive and fun working with the team.
Good place and team to work with. They gives both the Job work and Life Balance. I have Gained a lot of experience in terms of both technical and personal.
Friendly and supportive workplace
Current work has everyday challenges but easily and find the solutions in each problems or challenges. I am working with supportive colleagues and I am the type of person that can easily get along with new staff. For personal reason, I am looking for higher paid job.
The Place to work
ATB has a unique culture. I've held several roles within this company and they really are THE place to work. The pay is okay, and their benefits package is amazing. They really take care of their employees.
Culture, innovative, creative, engaged, rewarding
They are invested with their employees and give updates to changes in the company. Their quarterly events bring forth the CEO to actually engage and talk with and promote from within while their benefits are awesome.
Pros
Sometimes have snacks but events are often.
Cons
Commuting can be interesting
Chaotic especially When the wrong people are the ones leading the show
For the most part, I met some great people; but the management team was lacking in the necessary skills to lead and coach a successful team. It's very disappointing because prior to this I held this company in high regard.

Also, culture is very cult-like and somewhat problematic.
Stressful at my branch only becuase of bad managment locally.
ATB could be great to work for if in a good branch with professional managment team that supports you.

Employees dont quit great companies they quit bad managers.
stressful,work overtime
stressful,work overtime, must get balance before getting off the work. If one dollor was lost, we must find out why. the manager was new and not good at managing.
Poorly managed
The manager was younger, fairly new and insecure. The branch is understaffed and I was hired with the understanding that I would be trained for the role as I had no prior administration experience. I quickly learned that it’s fend for yourself and sink or swim with minimal guidance and high expectations. I enjoyed the administrative tasks but not in that environment