ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Interesting, educational, active, professional, positive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
- The job was simple because it was a school trip for a week that gave us a chance to see what it was for those who worked in a professional environment is like.
- We learned how money was taken in and out of the volt, how the customer service representatives helped and gave the customers a positive and helpful moment in the bank, and gave us an educational idea on if this is the type of career we would like for our future which is very considerate of them.
- Management was very eye opening because we found out how hard working they are and what they had to do in order for the work place to move swiftly.
- The work environment was very multicultural, and gave me an idea on how well other ethnicities can work together as a team. It is truly inspiring.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to memorize every part of the till and the computer work that allows them to gain access to a customers account or records.
- The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning advance and complicated tasks that are challenging to anyone.
Pros
free access to an interesting career, people skills, gaining customer service skills
Cons
hard work, memorization, computer skills, mathamatical expertise
poor
Workflow Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2018
No support from managers, little support or no resources to do your work. Work life balance was good and benefits where great other than that poor experience
Personally, The best Alberta employer
Service Advice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
One of the best companies I have had the privilege and pride in working for!

The company strives to deliver a bold, iconic and world-class experience for each and every customer.
The company values you as an employee and you are always made to feel that you are a part of the wheels of structure and have the immediate support of your peers and management.

Wonderful work and life balance of which is of the utmost important to your well-being as an associate and team member coupled with a wonderful work diversity.

Great work benefits and perks coupled with insightful and helpful peers or associates makes your time at the workplace more interesting and progressive.

Your success is determined by your performance and there are plenty of opportunities to move around and all training and support is provided to lead on your road to success.

The best part about dealing with the customers is that you are empowered by your peers and team leaders to be as influential and as 'yourself' as possible. You will not be addressed to be a different person because who you are is why they would hire you in the first place. Your character/persona and charisma will be exploited which will make your job much easier.

The ethos, I believe can be surmised as, regarding customer service, is 'not by the book, but by the heart'.

Create lasting relationships and serve the customer's best interests and provide a suitable and tailored resolution so that each customer feels an “personal” experience.

I was laid- off with no regrets and still would highly recommend a career with ATB
  more... Financial.

I confidently foresee many successes with ATB Financial and am positive that they will exceed all your expectations of an employer.
Pros
Best employee assistance, support and training
Cons
Personal matter
Senior CSR
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Great to company and Co-workers to work with. Great Benefits but Immediate Management is not that great. Repetitive tasks, within less time frame lots of work and catch up, short staff, lots of pressure to complete tasks and follow up.
Great location
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2018
Working downtown Edmonton was great. Employers are considerate of work life balance. A lot of the people on my team had been employed for many years and would continue to stay there.
ccc representative
Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
Systems are poor, mission statement changes every two years. high turn over rate. Campus building located in NE Calgary. Have to pay for parking in NE Calgary. Has a gym which they charge the employees. The area is not safe at night. Only meal options in the area is the cafateria which is poor at best. After 2 pm no meal options for evening employees. Multiple waves of lay offs. Zero job security.
Pros
Possibility to work from home
Cons
No Job security
great place to work in
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2018
fun and energetic work environment. a typical day consisted of doing cash transactions and helping customers deal with all their daily financial needs
Productive workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamont, AB18 July 2018
ATB is a provincial financial institution. It provides adequate compensation for its employees. Training is sometimes constrained and overtaken by day to day duties.
Amazing workplace! Highly recommend
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
ATB was one of the best employers I have worked with!
Very good opportunities for internal growth/advancement
Amazing work life balance, upper management was very supportive
Very good place to work
Senior Administrative Officer/ Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2018
Very good place to work. Lots of fun things to do. I like the gym and all the team engagement that we do. There's a lot of room for advancement and a lot of opportunity.
Incredible value culture
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2018
My years spent with ATB Financial were life long experiences that can never be forgotten.
My roles within the company helped to mold me into the individual i am today. The values and the culture make ATB an amazing company.
Most recently, my position as a Personal Banking Specialist enabled me to assist my clients in both their present and future goal planning financially and build incredible relationships that will last a lifetime. I took pride in my job as a financial advisor.
Alongside my role, I was presented with the opportunity to both create and facilitate financial literacy seminars for individuals living in transition who were working on bettering themselves and that of of their children. Definitely the passion of my many experiences with ATB Financial
Pros
People and Culture
Cons
Changes in the workplace environment
its a great company to work at.
Loan service clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
really enjoyed working at ATB. Professtional friendly environment a place you can share your idea without any fear. lots of opportunity to grow up and move to higher position.
Wonderful environment, great people to work with as a team.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB22 May 2018
I think ATB is a great company to work for. There all about the team work and doing what’s best for clients. ATB is absolutely customer obsessed when it comes to taking care of there clients in everyway they can.
Fun place to work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
Freedom to think outside the box and find ways to make banking work for team members and customers. The management - from top to bottom cares about their workers and empowers you to do your job.
Great Leaning Experience
Account Officer - Business and Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
Great entry level job for anyone looking to pursue a career in finance.
There are many different departments for which ever career path you are looking for.
Alberta Crown Corporation
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
A stratified environment on the path from a widely decentralised SCM and procurement environment to a centre-led schema. With 35 VP led departments, each with it's own procurement and Strategic sourcing models, Change management was a challenge and not without pitfalls.
A greta place to work
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
I would rate this as oneof the most fun places I've ever worked as team and results are equally balanced. They have found a way to get things done without forgetting who they are and serve
Pros
Team Events, Culture
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB2 May 2018
a typical day at work was busy but not stressful.
The hardest part of the job was that the money had to be extremely accurate
The best part was that the team was very welcoming and always pulled together
Great culture
Director of User Experience Research (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2018
I love working with ATB Financial. They challenge me to do and be my best self. We work hard and play hard. They provide a lot of training and growth opportunities. They also have a work from home policy if needed or desired.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB16 April 2018
working with this company was enjoyable, the customers are great and the work week is good, the benefits are fairly decent allowing you to have time w\ family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.