AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 1,560 reviews
great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 January 2019
AstraZeneca provided a positive culture and working environment for all employees. I thoroughly enjoyed my years working with this organization. Very approachable management and team mates.
Medical Sales Representative
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2018
- Good for experienced sales professionals.
- Good work life balance.
- Good compensation and benefits.
- Good medical and social insurance.
- Healthy and open culture
Excellent training and development company
Research and Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  AE23 September 2018
I started as a medical representative to be developed and promoted to clinical research executive in three years. then in many managerial jobs in 15 years. That included the following positions:

Medical, Scientific manager - Product manager - Regulatory affairs, raining/ Development manager, HR - Marketing manager - Sales/Marketing Director
Too Many Layoffs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON16 March 2018
I was a long time employee who was laid off with 100 other employees several years ago. It was difficult being laid off after all those years. Overall the company handled the laid offs badly, managers did a school yard pick as to who they were laying off. Long time employees were laid off while employees with a year or two of service were kept. At least the severance package was good.

My early years with the company were great, good managers, colleagues, opportunities for advancement and learning. However once the company had to start laying off staff the culture changed, and not for the good. It became a very negative and stressful place to work, never knowing when and if you would be laid off.

From what I have heard the company has not been able to recover from their many layoffs and the culture is not what it once was.

Sad to see a once great company fall.
Pros
A Once Great Company
Cons
Constant Layoffs
Job review
Sr Manager HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Great culture and atmosphere. The leadership team is very sophisticated with a true calling for wanting to help patients. Lacks development opportunities.
Great place to work but times are changing
TRAINING SPECIALIST/BUSINESS ANALYSIST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
High energy team based environment when I started. We collaborated across functions well and there was a great deal of respect for everyone’s talents. Everyone was treated very well with great benefits and over all compensation. Personal and professional growth was encouraged and managers helped with this.
But times are change the industry is hurting and there is a push to globalize services. New managers are being brought in who may not necessarily fit with the culture and the great environment is going by the wayside. This may not be with all departments so interview but do your homework before signing on.
Pros
Development oportunites, Good People, great bennifits and compensation
Cons
Some poor managers
Productive and organized
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2018
Great management, working at a assembly line picking orders to pack for other companies. Follow the order, be precise and you're good. work place culture is fun and active. lot of moving around which is good.
One of the best place to work
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
Management is very focused on employees. Company perks, advantages, salary are all top of the line. The stress may be high as some moments but the company has willingness to adapt.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2014
AZC strives to be a "Great Place to Work" and for me it is! My immediate manager is great! She is able to advise and guide when needed, but doesn't "micro"manage. I love my territory and my role as a Customer Service Representative! AZC gives everyone chances for their voice to be heard and I have seen changes made as a result of employee communications with executives in the company.

They have a policies in to protect both the company and their employees and the only one that I struggle with sometimes is the amount of kilometers I was permitted to travel in one day. Because of this my routes were not exactly the way I would like to design them. Having said that, occasionally, I found I was grateful for this rule, when I arrive at my destination and am too tired to continue driving home.

All in all, not real complaints.
Pros
flexibility, work vehicle, cell phone, great benefits
Cons
sometimes too much overnight travel
Good place for mid-career
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2015
AstraZeneca provides a great balance between the corporate size (Canadian business atleast) and the yearly turnover. having recently gone a major business shrinkage, they seem to be holding on to more senior management than the people who actually do a lot of the leg work, which currently seems to be mostly outsourced. This presents a unique opportunity for mid to late professionals seeking a more agile work-environment. Not so good for career progression.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Closer to the city
Cons
Not enough incentives for late professionals, no career progression for new professionals
Very productive and friendly culture
Test Lead - People Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2015
Very productive, work/life balance culture, flexibility of work hours, friendly, fun work place, very supportive management

Overall rating - work/life balance, salary/benefits, job culture
Great Company to start out in, grow professionally in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2012
Great company in the early days. After patents expired, layoffs happened, lost good people, morale lost and management lacked leadership.
Pros
excellent benefits, great colleagues, nice location
Cons
lack of job security, managers who lack leadership skills
Great Place to Work
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela8 January 2015
Great district management, excellent products, work life balance, career development for junior, but not good for higher level
Pros
Very friendly co-workers and a fantastic opportunity to learn
Cons
Limited personal growth opportunities
we had a gym.many facilities for employees to pass time constuctively
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2016
I worked for Nexium launch at Astra. One day my team lead had to finish rush order. I helped her by staying back 4 hours. She appreciated my hard work.It was great learning to know the environment of aseptic processing. I saw filling area where operators were dressed like astronauts. Too much gowning & PPE is required in filling area to protect product & to you as well.Superb management I was hired in 2 minutes my Managers saw me & said you are the reflection of your resume. We just wanted to see you.You come to work tomorrow.Hr was very helping too.All coworkers were helping & nice. Spill of Anaesthesia & cleaning was hard.No sooner we used to finish the order. We had to cover the line & put stop clean. Team of sanitation people used to take over & clean.Our job was to run the machines efficiently.I enjoyed working for Astra. It was 9 months contract.Packaging was to close down there hence next year when I was called by my manager I asked him what should I do? I am getting full time at Teva. He advised to join Teva since it will be again a contract. That's how I chose to join Teva & stayed there for 14 years.I was looking for full time job with benefits.
Pros
Pizza on all overtimes, appreciation for hard work
Cons
I do not see any
innovative company which has leading edge products with focus on patients
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 November 2012
A typical day at work would include: review of the business, targetting key customers within the zone, planning an objective for each customer based on MS, sales and ROI. Calling on a minumum of five customers per day, inputting data into multiple systems inorder to communicate plans and objectives with HO as well as team mates.In working for this company, I have definitely increased business acumen and selling skillls. I have learned to manage the business and to measure ROI.
I have account managed the northern part of NB for the last ten years and achieving over 100% of SVQ year over year.
Worked as a team player and communicated business on a daily basis inorder to increase sales.
The most difficult part of the job was to continue to increase sales for products that were on the market for 7 years or more and to increase MS when the product was over 50%.
I absolutely loved working for Astrazeneca and enjoyed selling in this market. I have developed very close relationships with the doctors in Eastern New Brunswick and enjoy working with the customers.
Pros
company car, bonus, competitive salary, and benefits
Cons
working throughout the week and the weekends continuously
Great company to work for.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Great place to work Innovative and progressive Pharmaceutical company. Passionate about science and always put the patient first. Learned superior customer sales and service skills to provide Physicians and pharmacies.
Great manager and team mates.
Hybrid Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2016
I worked with a great manager and team mates throughout my career with Astra Zeneca.
Our work ethic was the same, work hard, play hard. Ottawa West sales numbers proved this to be correct.
Pros
lunches - $10.00/day
Cons
job security uncertain
Excellent work environment, best place ever worked.
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 November 2013
The best company I had ever worked. Best work environment, best management.Worked in sterile environment. Really helpful co-workers. Excellent job quality.
Pros
Free breakfast most of the time.
Cons
Work long hours to finish the job.
Great culture, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Study Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2016
AstraZeneca is a great company. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company. They like to frequently post positions internally to give internal candidates a chance. Sales in 2016 however have been lower than expected therefore there have been reorganizations and layoff.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Reorganizations of business units leading to layoffs
It was good.
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 January 2018
I only stayed less than a year with the company since my job was to be on the field and visit atleast 18 doctors a day and it was territorial, I had to visit clinics without car so it was a rather exhausting for a first job.
Pros
free laptop and phone
Cons
no car and had to do site visit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.