AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 1,444 reviews
Medical Sales Representative
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2018
- Good for experienced sales professionals.
- Good work life balance.
- Good compensation and benefits.
- Good medical and social insurance.
- Healthy and open culture
Job review
Sr Manager HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Great culture and atmosphere. The leadership team is very sophisticated with a true calling for wanting to help patients. Lacks development opportunities.
Great company to work for.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Great place to work Innovative and progressive Pharmaceutical company. Passionate about science and always put the patient first. Learned superior customer sales and service skills to provide Physicians and pharmacies.
Too Many Layoffs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON16 March 2018
I was a long time employee who was laid off with 100 other employees several years ago. It was difficult being laid off after all those years. Overall the company handled the laid offs badly, managers did a school yard pick as to who they were laying off. Long time employees were laid off while employees with a year or two of service were kept. At least the severance package was good.

My early years with the company were great, good managers, colleagues, opportunities for advancement and learning. However once the company had to start laying off staff the culture changed, and not for the good. It became a very negative and stressful place to work, never knowing when and if you would be laid off.

From what I have heard the company has not been able to recover from their many layoffs and the culture is not what it once was.

Sad to see a once great company fall.
Pros
A Once Great Company
Cons
Constant Layoffs
Productive and organized
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2018
Great management, working at a assembly line picking orders to pack for other companies. Follow the order, be precise and you're good. work place culture is fun and active. lot of moving around which is good.
It was good.
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 January 2018
I only stayed less than a year with the company since my job was to be on the field and visit atleast 18 doctors a day and it was territorial, I had to visit clinics without car so it was a rather exhausting for a first job.
Pros
free laptop and phone
Cons
no car and had to do site visit
One of the best place to work
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
Management is very focused on employees. Company perks, advantages, salary are all top of the line. The stress may be high as some moments but the company has willingness to adapt.
Great place to work but times are changing
TRAINING SPECIALIST/BUSINESS ANALYSIST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
High energy team based environment when I started. We collaborated across functions well and there was a great deal of respect for everyone’s talents. Everyone was treated very well with great benefits and over all compensation. Personal and professional growth was encouraged and managers helped with this.
But times are change the industry is hurting and there is a push to globalize services. New managers are being brought in who may not necessarily fit with the culture and the great environment is going by the wayside. This may not be with all departments so interview but do your homework before signing on.
Pros
Development oportunites, Good People, great bennifits and compensation
Cons
Some poor managers
Open colleagues - good work environment
CDAM (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Supportive and open environment, lots of different experience to learn from. Good as a starting point in the pharma industry. Management is supportive as well, not much room for growth however.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC21 February 2017
everyday is different, had multiple managers in my time there, so in that regard constatly being able to change and manage.
Cons
long hours, after hours
very productive and creative atmosphere
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Damascus, NB7 February 2017
AstraZeneca has totally changed my life since the first moment i was recruited at this company. it's the most ethical company and they always choose the best and most creative reps.
Great manager and team mates.
Hybrid Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2016
I worked with a great manager and team mates throughout my career with Astra Zeneca.
Our work ethic was the same, work hard, play hard. Ottawa West sales numbers proved this to be correct.
Pros
lunches - $10.00/day
Cons
job security uncertain
Great people to work with
Respiratory Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2016
AstraZeneca has great people and an awesome future with respect to the current and future portfolio. An industry leader in Diabetes and Respiratory.
Great culture, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Study Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2016
AstraZeneca is a great company. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company. They like to frequently post positions internally to give internal candidates a chance. Sales in 2016 however have been lower than expected therefore there have been reorganizations and layoff.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Reorganizations of business units leading to layoffs
Environment that fosters growth and development
Learning and development manager (Current Employee) –  Sub Saharan Africa10 October 2016
Great place to work that fosters employee engagement. Work place that embraces diversity and culture.
People are professional in their jobs and everyone is encouraged to own and drive their individual development.
Pros
Travel opportunities
Cons
No free lunches
we had a gym.many facilities for employees to pass time constuctively
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2016
I worked for Nexium launch at Astra. One day my team lead had to finish rush order. I helped her by staying back 4 hours. She appreciated my hard work.It was great learning to know the environment of aseptic processing. I saw filling area where operators were dressed like astronauts. Too much gowning & PPE is required in filling area to protect product & to you as well.Superb management I was hired in 2 minutes my Managers saw me & said you are the reflection of your resume. We just wanted to see you.You come to work tomorrow.Hr was very helping too.All coworkers were helping & nice. Spill of Anaesthesia & cleaning was hard.No sooner we used to finish the order. We had to cover the line & put stop clean. Team of sanitation people used to take over & clean.Our job was to run the machines efficiently.I enjoyed working for Astra. It was 9 months contract.Packaging was to close down there hence next year when I was called by my manager I asked him what should I do? I am getting full time at Teva. He advised to join Teva since it will be again a contract. That's how I chose to join Teva & stayed there for 14 years.I was looking for full time job with benefits.
Pros
Pizza on all overtimes, appreciation for hard work
Cons
I do not see any
Environnement de travail exemplaire !
Représentante médicale SR - rive sud de MTL (Former Employee) –  Rive sud de Montréal24 February 2016
Je me suis sentie très appréciée par tous... Mes compétences ont été mises en avant plan pour contribuer, accomplir et avoir beaucoup de succès pour les ventes sur le territoire sur lequel j'ai oeuvré pendant un an (c'était pour un remplacement de congé de maternité)
Pros
Tout !!!
Great company to work for! Very good products in the market.
Senior Meical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2016
Great company to work for! Great products in the market. Strong research based company. Good managers. Very professional and helpful team support and colleagues.
First time working from home office. Challenging at first.
Regional, Monitoring Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2015
Had the opportunity to hire several new monitors. I managed a team of 13 Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) or monitors. I was their direct report, evaluating their workload, performance, year end review, salary adjustments etc..
A very pleasant and engaging team of professionals. Still in close contact with almost all of them. It was a pleasure.
Very productive and friendly culture
Test Lead - People Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2015
Very productive, work/life balance culture, flexibility of work hours, friendly, fun work place, very supportive management

Overall rating - work/life balance, salary/benefits, job culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.