Astley Gilbert Limitied Employee Reviews

don't know what happened
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
used to be a good place to work and they treated there employees good.but have gone down hill towards there employees and have taken the personal tough out of the equation.
think they just got too big and don't care anymore
Great place to grow your skills
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Pay is really low.
You can move up in terms of skills and title but pay will never match up.
coworkers are great though. Like family.
The company itself has a great vision and keeps growing
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Opportunity and Long Term Relationships
Online Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
As a long time employee of the company I am happy to say that many of my coworkers are also long term employees. Opportunity is available to those who would work hard, show initiative and thrive on being part of a dynamic team that rewards effort and focuses on customer service. Many of the people I started with almost 15 years ago started in humble beginnings and rose to manage areas or lead teams or become experts in product or service areas. They grew with company and continue to find good roots here. The customer experience is essential in all areas of the company and it feels good to be a part of an organization that values the client experience so highly, we know we don't have to push junk out the door, quality matters and pride in our work abounds. In every job you have good days and bad days but a resilient team supports each other and thats what I am happy to say exists for me here.
Pros
Social events, strong team relationships, flexible fair management
not a very good place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
as a current employee @ Astley Gilbert (10+ years ) I can honestly say it is not a very good company to work for.Upper management is aware of many day to day problems that effect morale and do nothing to change it.There are very few chances to move up in this company and you can forget about pay increases( many long term employees have not had pay increases in over 10 years,some never). People that do leave are not replaced and there responsibilities are dumped on already overworked staff. I honestly believe that if there were more jobs available in the print industry there would be a revolving door @ Astley.
Productive and efficient in daily work load.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
I have enjoyed working as a Billing Clerk over five years at Astley Gilbert Ltd. It has been a genuine pleasure working in the Accounting Dept. I learned fully the nature and the operations of the company business. I submitted all my work reports on timely mannered. I worked productively. I established and maintained effective working relationship with my fellow colleagues with in the team environment. They are friendly, polite, supportive, considerate and professional when it comes to work performances. I am thankful for the great learning opportunities, encouragement and support they had extended to me. Surely, I will be missing the team since that the time has come for me to move on and pursue my personal goal in another location. I am wishing the company team will continue their success in all future endeavors.
Pros
Easy to get along, happy to work within the team, they are very supportive and professional & they treated me as part of the company family.
Cons
long travel going to work place
Professional setting with diverse city habitat
Digital Linemaster Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Well balanced duties with printing, binding, photocopier and hardcopies. Color, and redline copies mostly associated with architectural and interior design. Several modes of digital rendering, and folding machine all offer a very informative and stylish operation with multimedia.
Pros
Own time for lunch and break
Cons
Sometimes large workload with fewer staff members
Great people that inspire
Payroll & Benefits Administrator/HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Astley Gilbert has provided a great environment for personal and professional growth. I have the pleasure of working with inspiring people every day.
It was alright
Printer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
This is my forth year working here.

As a part-time staff everything is fine. Really stable.
Perfect for students.
Good company
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2014
great group of employees and the company liked to take to care of their employees.
Pros
Bonuses
Productive and Focus
LINEMASTER TEAM LEADER / HEALTH AND SAFTEY (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 May 2014
A unpredictable and changing environment
What I learned to meet deadlines, client requests, evolving with advance technology and working with management as a team.

Co-workers working well in a time management fashion.

The most enjoyable part were the people in the company.
Fun workplace and we act as family
CADD Linemaster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2014
Right now, the easiest job for me. Just focus and detailed all will be fine with the job. My colleagues and my manager are really easy to work with. We treat ourselves like one family not just only a team work. Sometimes we get some tough jobs and hard times but still we work as one. I enjoy every single day.
Fun and very friendly environment.
Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario29 September 2013
We are very busy all the time. Customers start coming before we are open and phone rings all the time. I answer phone calls, assist customers with their orders and I prepare their invoices. I learned a lot about how to help customers with their inquiries and orders.
Great management, handles any kind of issues with great care and is very responsible. Co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with.
Cons
Time punch
I was a volunteer.
Volunteer Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2012
I was a volunteer. And I've learnded lot of things from there.Everybody was very nice to me.
Stressful