Assured Automotive Collision Employee Reviews

Poor Management at Kanata Ontario
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON19 December 2018
Worked here for 1 year started out great loved the job and boss. Everything went down hill when a new manager took over. Was promoted without pay increase to a supervisor position. Worked hard to show I was worthy and asked for a raise and was promised in due time. Time came and manager backed down as there was no one to fill my position and still didn’t offer a raise. So much favoritizm at this shop. You are either in or out. Bonuses are only avaliable to select people who sit behind a desk all day. Not those working hard to train staff and keep production going. Lots of pressure of you with no support.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly co workers
Cons
Favouritism, boss, long hours, no time off allowed between Nov and April because it “to busy”
Not a good environment.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 November 2018
Worked for Assured for a year. No room for advancement. No promotions, no wage increase, heck they don't even tell you you're doing a good job. Techs are constantly getting upset with estimators, managers constantly upset with techs, the circle continues. Sit around for most of the day talking (summer), winters are long and too much work gets oiled in leaving you stressed. The managers are rude and don't care about you as an employee.
Pros
No weekend work, get to use your phone/internet at work
Cons
No raises, no promotions, long hours, no one gets along, a lot of down time (summer), extremely busy winters with no help
before you go there check fever and get a flu shot
body tech. (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2019
company name should be promise land. Thats all they offered.They pay 33% flat rate. So you working for 18.50$ . To get a decent pay check you have to work like a dog. And when they slow your check is really bad. Sometimes you have to ask for jobs for hour, never ready(they always saying give us a minute, and you keep asking again and again and again). When you ask for more money, the answer is you can work evenings, saturdays sundays. Benefits worst you can imagine, you have to pay 2200$ a year, in exchange for basic service.Every day waisting time meetings.Managements treat you as peace of dirt. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you going home. Think twice before you choose Assured
Pros
free breathing air
Cons
everything else
Great place to work.
Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 January 2019
I have worked at this location for over 10 years in the shop and through the ownership change to Assured.

I was very skeptical of the change but have to say that the company and management team are the best I've ever had at this shop. They treat us like people with the managers often working with different departments and making sure we have what we need. They also always listens when we have a problem, even if its personal. I know of 3 people they have personally helped when they didnt need to because they actually care. front line or shop staff they treat us all the same.

Yes they can be tough but only when people deserve it. Yes its busy and frustrating at times but what workplace isnt. Lazy and uninterested workers are always the first to complain about the company. I have been offered jobs at other shops for more money but haven't taken it for a reason.

If you work hard and as a team, it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great team and overall workplace
Cons
peak season is chaotic
Fun, great knowledge of business
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 November 2018
Allow you to run your own business with a great deal of knowledge to learn. Help from upper management if needed, and great employees. Great work life balance, opportunity to grow.
Poor management
Labourer (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chelsmford13 January 2019
Sudbury locations ran by Italians. Take from the company and never respect theres employees. No job security will fire someone who has been there for 5 years to pay someone new minimum wage to pick up all of the slack. Dirtiest shop I have ever worked at in my life. So much garbage the bins would be overflowing and blowing into other companys lots. Just a mess of a company do not work here.
Pros
Cons
No job security will over work with no pay
***Excellent company - opportunity Limitless
Store Lead/Repair Planner (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 September 2018
Our store was acquired in February, they brought in changes in a decent manner not to overwhelm. They recognized everybody for their potential and offered it accordingly. Corporate managers are great, fun and down to earth. They do not take advantage of their people. They offer value for work. If you are a hard worker and you caere for your company you will move up the ranks fast if you are lazy you will not go far. Even though I am no longer with this company due to personal reasons, I will recommend them 100%. If situations were to change I would definitely go back no questions asked. I’d like to say that Derek was great to deal with. If situations were different I know I had a limitless future with them.
Pros
Limitless opportunities
Horrible place to work
Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON9 October 2018
Hours are 7:30-5:30. The kanata location is poorly managed. A lot of favoritism takes place. The pay is terrible considering the amount of responsibilities you are expected to take on. I will never work for this company again.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON20 October 2017
Working with this company gives you a sense of pride in what you do. They create key values that insure repairs and customer service are of the highest quality. The culture we have in place at our shop is plain and simple, We're a team . We work hard but we never forget to have fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the repair process from start to finish and seeing the reaction on the customers faces, getting the necessary feedback to see if there are any areas that we can improve on and taking that knowledge and bettering our customer service. Assured is growing and creating the standard for the collision repair industry and is a great company to get on board with.
Pros
All Inclusive Christmas Party with Hotel and Transportation, Benefits, Great leadership
Cons
on the floor to in the office
repair planner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
I started with assured on the floor as a prepper making good money and surrounded by great guys and good management.
I got the opportunity to start writing estimates and received good training and most on to repair planning.
I've worked for 2 assured locations and found that anyone with motivation to do good work and make money(on the floor) with a good attitude can be very happy and enjoy their time with assured,create a career and make great friends.

(i can't speak financially for the office salary and how much you could make as I haven't gone past base salary as of yet)
Pros
good people, opportunity to advance, good training, nice perks(christmas parties, hockey games)
Cons
bad attitudes and lazy people need not apply
Motivated Career Building Company
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Assured Concordia West20 October 2017
I have been working for Assured for 9 years now. Coming from a restaurant background with no Automotive Industry experience. Through internal training and courses provided by Assured I have been able to build a career. Starting at a entry level position I was given the tools required to move up and have now been Managing for 3 years. Along the way I was always encouraged and pushed to excel. There is no roof with this company and everyone is given equal opportunity to move up. Work hard and reap the benefits.
Pros
Performance Based Competitions with Rewards
Great place to start your Career
Estimator (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON23 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. The team members at Assured are great and are dedicated to helping the customer and team succeed.
Assured management really provide growth and learning. The management team is very supportive and fun to work with. Sometimes the task can be challenging, but it's still a very pleasing experience.
Pros
Great Team, Opportunity for Advancement
full of lies
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2018
hired me as body tech with so much promises. turned out all the promises were lies just to get me in. sorry assured, you succeeded trapping others, i ain't no fool. i heard and thought it was a good company to join but i was very wrong. will not work for assured ever again. lots of other great shops out there with great pay. just hunt till you find the right shop.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
too many lies, fake promises to trap you
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2017
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 July 2017
Not a good place to be
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 January 2018
Worked there for 5 years not organized at all new managers in and out they r bully’s that keep taking and never give. Was asked to come back never will go back there is a lot of shops out there that pays better and treats u better. Sorry assured u don’t get it right.
Pros
Got a job
Cons
Really long hours pay is low
Great Place to Work
Repair Planner (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 October 2017
Ive been working for Assured for 3 years now and love working here. The people are great, the managers are awesome and knowledgeable and I enjoy coming to work every day. I started as a detailer and was given a chance to work my way up through the company by showing commitment and hard work. If you have a good work ethic and a desire to succeed you will be given every opportunity to do so at Assured. This is a great place to start a career if you are interested in the Automotive Industry.
Painter (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 April 2018
Great place to work, good people ,good money.
Lots of opportunity and they also give you a chance to see what you can do.
Like any place there is going to be negative things but it’s your choice to make the best of it and be the best you can be
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Takes time to get things fixed
not very good company
Autobody tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
-great co-workers
-great friendly CEOs
-dirty unsafe work environment
-horrible managers
-horrible estimates(2 many problems to list here)
-lowest flat rate in canada
-all positive reviews written on this site are fake and written by assured management to make them look good
-workers never get rewarded for hard work
-no yearly x-mas bonus(just a simple dinner)
-can not find CEOs to address concerns
-managers and other managements don't show any respect to the workers
Cons
too many cons to list
Official response from Assured Automotive Collision
29 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion; we appreciate the feedback you have provided us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed working with our fellow employees and our Senior Leadership Team. It is disappointing though that you were not happy with your Management. At anytime you could have reached out to any of our Operations Members or HR to assist in creating change at the location. Employee satisfaction and engagement is our priority. Feel free to reach out to us directly so we can discuss your situation more indepth. There are many outlets to reach a Senior Member. Please feel free to email our VP of Operations kdsilva@assuredauto.ca.

Great workplace
CSR/ Insurance Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
I really enjoy working for this company.. great benefits and compensations.. with huge career growth

great work atmosphere

++huge CHRISTMAS PARTY with gifts and prizes every year
Pros
great managers
Cons
you might have to stay later on some days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assured Automotive Collision. Our community is ready to answer.