Play YouTube video button

Assured Automotive Collision Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
Featured review
Assured Automotive Collision selected this as a representative review
Cool environment with friendly co workers making it feel not so much like work.
Great co workers, and a friendly environment. Loved working here and is a good way to make connections. Easy to get the hang of the work and even assuming you have any complications they can be patient and very supportive
Pros
Good pay, great co workers
Cons
Some management needs work
20 December 2019
Thanks for sharing your perspective of Assured on Indeed, happy to see that you liked your working environment and were able to grow your network while you were with us.
most racist
made comments how they should line up all immigrants and take a machine gun at them, the estimate giver would use the N word a lot management head a deaf ear for him
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
get away with being racist or bullying
Is a good place to work
Promised a raise after 1 yr and never recieved one. Very quick employee turn around. Could use a better management system. Stock first aid kits better
12 March 2020
You do bring up some legitimate concerns here - with regards to stocking the First Aid Kits better, we are working on launching a program to ensure Health and Safety items are always available to our staff. I am curious to find out what you were promised and what happened - if you would like to discuss please e-mail me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
Poor management, organization and a filthy place to work.
The management pays low and expects high. They work you hard and dont show any gratification. Employees are expected to pick up the slack of management because they cant handle their own job.
They are so disorganized that vehicles that need to be repaired are left untouched while other vehicles that not an urgency get pushed through first. All to make themselves look good on paper. Its all about numbers. But the shop is disguisting, garbage everywhere.
12 March 2020
I am not sure if the manager at your location is aware of your concerns - what we are gonig to do is share this with the management team, (of your location) and this may prompt a group discussion on how the team there feels your location can improve in the areas you have pointed out.
Productive and fast paced
Fun place to work, lots of room for advancement. Most shops are involved in routine team building exercises and company events. Good community, OK salary although more is always better.
12 March 2020
Thanks for sharing this objective assessment about us, much appreciated!
sad and stressful work environment
Absolutely the Worst company to work for. extremely extremely stressful work environment. they claim workers always come back. all the incompetents end up back at assured. unfortunately i have nothing good to say about this company.
20 December 2019
Sorry to hear your experience with us was not a good one - you are correct in stating we are a "stressful" environment, demands from our customers and insurance partners and KPIs from our Operations Team does create challenges, it looks like we were not able to give you the proper tools to navigate through this. If you want to share with me your specific challenges, so management can be aware of them, feel free to reach out to me, (Carl Jr.) - carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
Rude manager, training isn't done on site
don't waste your time. at least not at the assured in scarborough. waste manager that doesn't help you 100% day in day out, but expects u to be 100%..
20 December 2019
We would like to give all our employees as much attention as we can; however, given there is one manager at each site who oversees a team, connecting with everyone consistently is a challenge. We do expect our team members to give a 100% "effort" each day, but we do understand errors will be made and there is room for growth. If you would like to share specific issues about your manager with me, you can reach me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca.
fast paced working environment
Must be fluent in knowing and understanding parts. Time manage is key in this role. co-workers are very friendly. must be a hands on person. Need to know a little bit about the automotive industry.
Pros
free lunchs
20 December 2019
Thanks for sharing this objective view of our work environment, it is important that people do understand what our daily routine looks like, as opposed to preconceived ideas about our industry.
Unfair salary for and poor management.
A lot of staff turn around which seems to be the result of low pay and poor management.
Nice people to work with. But the management is really bad. And the starting salary is very low.
20 December 2019
We can agree that starting salary may be low; however, it is above minimum wage, as well the opportunity to grow within the organization and learn different roles is up to the individual. When we present offers, if the salary for the individual at that time is not adequate, (from their perspective) that would be the time for a further line of inquiry, which would lead to one's decision to take the job or not. I'm glad you did find the people you work nice, and I hope you have been able to reset your career path to find a role which meets your income requirements.
horrible
They don't provide there staff with support
Tell staff what they want to hear to get them to stay

Management team can be asked something and nothing ever gets completed.
20 December 2019
We are sorry to hear you didn't get the support you needed, I am curious on what steps you took when your immediate management team didn't follow up on commitments made to you. If you have time to share these with me, I would like to hear about them - I can be reached at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
new management wasnt great.
Good place to work management wasn't very good near end, you will love the people you work with. Very hard working job and long hours. Pay was alright
20 December 2019
Thanks for sharing your view of our team at our Kanata location. I personally know the team at this location, and yes, they are a great bunch of people to work with. It is one of our larger facilities and is quite busy, with demands placed on it, requiring that extra effort, (working hard/long hours) to keep up what is expected of us. If you would still like to share your perspective on our management team there, please feel free to e-mail me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
A typical day at work
People leave but always come back. Nowhere is a rose garden. Join the team be part of the team. Ups and downs of course. Do your job faithfully and trustworthy is an asset.
20 December 2019
As the saying goes, the grass on the other side always looks greener... every repair facility, (or any place of work) has challenges, it's how we choose to manage them that creates a healthy work environment.. thanks for sharing your perspective on Indeed!
good people
The Job was pretty great, Constantly learning new things about cars. The veterans there all know so much and the "tricks of the trade". Overall it was a pretty great place to be at
very demanding place to work....no job satisfaction!
I dreaded working Mondays as it was garbage day, lifting heavey car doors and parts to containers in back.....took approx 4-5 hours.Very disorganized and a dirty place to work.No room for advancement.
Pros
Co-workers are fun to work with
Cons
Pay structure is terrible
20 December 2019
I think we all dread "Mondays"... I am surprised that parts carts weren't provided to you to move doors and parts from our production to disposal area, this we will look into. In terms of advancement, I would challenge this statement, as we had one gentlemen who started as a Parts Co-Coordinator after he finished university, and today he is on our Operations Team for Assured - this didn't happen overnight, but he took the time to learn the different roles we offered, and attained the knowledge and skills he needed in order to move forward.
Dont work there u will regret it they have no idea what there doing
Worst place to work u get lied to about hourly wage they scam u for 40% of labour times no money to be made there useless management doesn't no what there doing
Pros
Theres none
22 March 2019
I am sorry to hear your experience was not a good one; however, I would like to understand what was explained/presented to your about your compensation package - if you would like to reach out to me, my e-mail address is carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
Horrible place to work
This shop is a joke.I've never worked at a shop as disorganized as this place. The manager is very awkward and has zero people/managerial skills. Don't waste your time with these clowns.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day.
Cons
Coming back in the morning.
26 February 2019
It's unfortunate that you are no longer with us, we like to think we are open to ideas and suggestions to improve our process - this is how we become a better team. I am interested in hearing about why you feel our management team at his location isn't up to task - if you like, reach out to me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca
before you go there check fever and get a flu shot
company name should be promise land. Thats all they offered.They pay 33% flat rate. So you working for 18.50$ . To get a decent pay check you have to work like a dog. And when they slow your check is really bad. Sometimes you have to ask for jobs for hour, never ready(they always saying give us a minute, and you keep asking again and again and again). When you ask for more money, the answer is you can work evenings, saturdays sundays. Benefits worst you can imagine, you have to pay 2200$ a year, in exchange for basic service.Every day waisting time meetings.Managements treat you as peace of dirt. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you going home. Think twice before you choose Assured
Pros
free breathing air
Cons
everything else
21 February 2019
Good Day, as you are a current employee at our Windsor location, I would like to have a conversation with you about your current experience and how we may be able to turn it around. If you like, please reach out to me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca. Looking forward to hearing from you,

Carl Jr.
Great place to work.
I have worked at this location for over 10 years in the shop and through the ownership change to Assured.

I was very skeptical of the change but have to say that the company and management team are the best I've ever had at this shop. They treat us like people with the managers often working with different departments and making sure we have what we need. They also always listens when we have a problem, even if its personal. I know of 3 people they have personally helped when they didnt need to because they actually care. front line or shop staff they treat us all the same.

Yes they can be tough but only when people deserve it. Yes its busy and frustrating at times but what workplace isnt. Lazy and uninterested workers are always the first to complain about the company. I have been offered jobs at other shops for more money but haven't taken it for a reason.

If you work hard and as a team, it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great team and overall workplace
Cons
peak season is chaotic
Poor management
Sudbury locations ran by Italians. Take from the company and never respect theres employees. No job security will fire someone who has been there for 5 years to pay someone new minimum wage to pick up all of the slack. Dirtiest shop I have ever worked at in my life. So much garbage the bins would be overflowing and blowing into other companys lots. Just a mess of a company do not work here.
Pros
Cons
No job security will over work with no pay
21 February 2019
I was up in Sudbury about a month ago, a took a tour of all our locations there and didn't really encounter any "dirty shops"; however, I don't want to discount your experience with us, and I am actually interested in speaking with you about it. Thou, you are no longer with us I can't make changes you will experience, but maybe I'll be able to help someone else. Feel free to reach out to me at carl.mohammed@assuredauto.ca... Carl Jr.
Poor Management at Kanata Ontario
Worked here for 1 year started out great loved the job and boss. Everything went down hill when a new manager took over. Was promoted without pay increase to a supervisor position. Worked hard to show I was worthy and asked for a raise and was promised in due time. Time came and manager backed down as there was no one to fill my position and still didn’t offer a raise. So much favoritizm at this shop. You are either in or out. Bonuses are only avaliable to select people who sit behind a desk all day. Not those working hard to train staff and keep production going. Lots of pressure of you with no support.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly co workers
Cons
Favouritism, boss, long hours, no time off allowed between Nov and April because it “to busy”
Not a good environment.
Worked for Assured for a year. No room for advancement. No promotions, no wage increase, heck they don't even tell you you're doing a good job. Techs are constantly getting upset with estimators, managers constantly upset with techs, the circle continues. Sit around for most of the day talking (summer), winters are long and too much work gets oiled in leaving you stressed. The managers are rude and don't care about you as an employee.
Pros
No weekend work, get to use your phone/internet at work
Cons
No raises, no promotions, long hours, no one gets along, a lot of down time (summer), extremely busy winters with no help
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assured Automotive Collision. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8