Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
An international company with a professional work culture dedicated to the company success and progression. A supportive environment with a focus on collaboration.
If you have tough skin then working here is the place for you.
You will endure verbal abuse almost every single day. This is not by the employers but by the clients that call in.
I might be a bit overly critical in my ratings, they dismissed me and never told me why, however I received a severance package that was beyond reasonable. The job isn't always pleasant, its inbound calls from very angry people, but I liked my coworkers and I've never had a manager make the team breakfast every now and then. Very good bonuses for those who meet or exceed targets.
poor team work, lack of support, judgement on the bilingual, no development , no one on one,no proper training, lack of employee, work load too big , .
I answered incoming calls from clients to answer product enquires.
There were stressful days, however, I enjoyed working here, as did most with whom I spoke during my journey at Assurant.

Great people who cared, where good work is well rewarded.

Lots of incentives and great work mates
The job is okay, people are way nastier over the phone than in person. There is little to no advancement, and mainly if you are bilingual. If you want to move up, better start brown nosing people.
It's sad cause most of the time the coworkers are great, just not the management.

Benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
We weren't allowed to go off script to ask a customer how their day was or to build rapport. It was horrible you'd get pulled into an office and they would make you listen to you calls and have a document with everything you did wrong and you had to SIGN IT. I had a manager tell me they prioritized professionalism over friendliness
Pros
Coffee
Cons
I was forced to work 11 hour shifts
DO NOT WORK for this terrible company. They are the absolute worst. I’m so glad I don’t work there anymore. They don’t care about their staff. They care about money only.
Pros
Cons
Every minute feels like 4 hours
The environment is very consistent, and the salary is nice.
However the day-to-day work can be extremely taxing with little to no support. There is a culture among the staff and management of laziness in that many problems go unaddressed for days at a time.

There is little room for advancement despite what is told to you in the entrance interview. The criteria used as a basis for promotion feels arbitrary. Additionally a lot of the mid-level staff play to favourites, and as a result it is very hard to be judged on the quality of your work.

Senior management is rotated frequently, so it does not set the best example to remain and hope for a promotion.
Pros
lots of free food, benefits, you will not be laid off
Cons
poor management, stressful work, poor salary
Excellent milieu de travail. Excellent encadrement et possibilités de promotion à l'interne. Très bonnes conditions de conciliation travai-famille.
Pros
cafe gratuit, collations gratuites occasionnellement, assurances medicaments et dentaires
Cons
courtes pauses.
- good guidance
-Provides all tools needed to perform tasks

- Godd internal cominication
Pros
Solid individual & Team working
I learned a lot working here with the role i have as a claims examiner, i have developed amazing communication skills from working with customers over the phone and the people who managed my department.

I also disappointed as the advancement in this workplace is very difficult it could take years before I earn a promotion, everything is based on workplace performance and office politics
Place is amazing to work at, everybody is friendly and the work is consistent. 10/10. Since I've been hired there hasn't been a day where I dread walking in the doors besides not feeling well.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
No cons
A typical day at work is busy, creative, and productive
I may learn many things in a day or take my assests and skills and put them to essential use

Time management, and customer management is key

Everyone helps when the time is needed

Fast pace may get a little rowdy at times, but you learn to manage it with experience and practice

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking what you have learned and known about the job and making someone's day.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Bad relationships
le travail est facile ainsi que l environment
les gens sont trop gentil et les responsable aussi

j ai passe peut de temps mais j ai appris beaucoups de choses
This place of employment will suck the life out of you and your family. You are under paid. Under appreciated. And any opportunities to grow within the business are given to people who are friendly with management.
Cons
everything
A typical day, in the department that I worked in, was sitting on the phones, while doing admin work. Assurant has very supporting management, they are honestly always ready to help. It's a team-oriented environment, so working with your coworkers is fun, and non-competitive. The hardest part of the job was waiting between calls, I worked in a department with a very low call volume, so there was a lot of time to wait before getting your next call. The most enjoyable part was being able to befriend your coworkers, and hang out, while also getting work done.
Pros
Free Food most of the time
Cons
A lot of time between calls
I worked for the company for over 8 years. Started in the retention department and moved to the warranty department. Retention department only cared about your retention rate most of the time. Warranty was better to work in. Definitely example of it's who you know, not what you know in order to advance.
Mostly concerned about your average handle time for calls in the warranty department. I kept advising that I believed in a one call resolution for the customer when it can be done.

I found most people didn't stay long and moved on to other jobs or went back to school.

Coworkers were mostly good and very helpful. That's mainly what helped make the job.
Pros
Parking, Benefits, Occasional free lunch, free coffee
Cons
Stressful, Not the best Management
Assurant allowed for independent work environment through flexible work hours and work from home. Allowing to manage home requirements and work responsibilities.

A very caring company who stood by any challenges with family issues.

I was able to continue to learn something new on a daily basis. Assurant was always willing to expand into areas that you would like to learn.
I work for the warranty department answering phones for product service plans and product replacement plans.

I have learned how to better deal with other types of customers in a very well behaved manor, and how to quickly work on a computer

Everyone around me is great and very helpful, I have never felt that I was out of place or asking something I should already know.

Hardest part of my job would be, not knowing how to help someone that really needs it and only being able to give them one answer and sending them on their way.

Most enjoyable part of my job, is dealing with people and getting to work with such amazing people.
Low salary, little room for any advancement or movement. Most do not stay longer than 10 years. their is a lot of H/R issues and they are not addressed properly.
Benefits
Cons
No change for advancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.
Assurant Reviews by Location