ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE

Working at ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE: 14 ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Decent place to build experience

Associated is a not bad company, they have some very good management and some very poor management. The pay is decent but the benefits are sub par. Core flex sucks but there are 12 hour stations. Absolutely unlimited work available to casuals and essentially unlimited OT for full time. Their are no OT shifts for casuals. Uniform package is sub par.

Pros

Unlimited work available Easily attainable FT work

Cons

Core flex No room for advancement Some bad supervisors Benefits are bad Pay gets cut if you go FT

Welcoming Work Place with room to learn and grow!

Associated welcomed me into EMS and I have enjoyed my experience in rural alberta. Ultimately I get paid to travel the province, meet new people and challenge myself. The job can be tough at times but is also very rewarding!I am able to ask questions of anyone I work with and feel supported in my learning and growth as a paramedic.

Insights into ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Stepping Stone

I’ve been a paramedic going on eight years and like most fresh out of school I jumped onboard to the first company that extended an offer, and that was Associated. Like most I used it as a stepping stone to AHS. While the staff at Associated were awesome, it’s the management I’ve always had a problem with. Long story short; a private for-profit company should not be profiteering off the backs of their patients pain and suffering. And at the end of the day profit margarin will take priority over patient care.

Worst work experience if my life

Very poor management on all levels. They will not take action on any complaints and let's the Tensions Brew between the employees until it is too late. AND THEN LIE ABOUT IT

Pros

Cons

There is not anough space on the internet to list them all so i will just list one (MANAGEMENT)

Avoid if you can

They know there are so many new PCPs and ACPs coming out of schools and AHS doesn't have enough room to take them all, so they gladly take the rest. They simply chew you up and spit you out. Management is a joke, unless you a related to one of them. If you have an actual issue, don't expect management to do anything about it. But if you miss a unit check or something else simple, they will come down hard on you. Can't do your job? No problem, as long as you do the unit checks.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, fight you on OT, work you hard till you just give up and quit

Very active Rural EMS Service

I have worked for the company for the past 5 years. Typical EMS service with the same challenges as every other rural based service in the province has. Long hours doing transfers. The call volumes and experience are really good for learning and advancing my skills. I get a lot of support when I need it from my supervisor and management. Great place to work, especially if you live in the community you work in. Travel can be a bit of a pain if you don't. Highly recommend this place to work.

Pros

Experience

Good Company

It is a good place to get experiences in various rural EMS stations. Lots of casual open positions and the company is always looking for professionals to join.

Arrogant leadership, poor management, zero communication

It's more of a business than it is an ambulance service. The senior leadership as they like to call it are constantly arguing and never able to work together cohesively on important matters. There is a lot of arrogance being portrayed by the management group whenever i have had to interact. They say that they understand but respond in TOTALLY unacceptable manner, there is a lot of bullying by the senior management. The bosses are always short with you and do not take the time to sit and chat or even get to know your name. You are always wrong even when your right or never had an opinion in the first place. The people in the Edmonton and Mayerthorpe offices are impossible to interact with. Everyone is tense and you can feel the tension in the air when you walk into the Edmonton office. They preach at orientation about an open door policy but like all the rest of the lip service its a locked door at best. everyone's door is always closed. No one cares about pt treatment errors, no follow up is given on poorly managed calls. The company is very poorly managed from the top, they brag about getting there accreditation Canada with Commendation, however, they do not follow any of their own core values. There is poor direction and even worse leadership! I feel sorry for the front line employees working here, the owners do not deserve good people. The hardest part of the job entailed witnessing the Senior Operating Officer belittle and berate a member of his Edmonton office staff in front of 2 of my co workers and a student that they had. Everyone present felt uncomfortable and -

Pros

not much

Cons

alot

Terrible workplace

DO NOT WORK FOR THESE USELESS INFERIORS. Management sucks and they’re all terrible people who like to breed to the sound of double standards. They don’t care about the employees. Management has some real issues considering they lack proper training in leadership and management. All the employees are suffering and not heard.

Cons

Varied experience, overall good team

I worked with a great team of paramedics, including supervisors, comfortable communication, knowledgeable and enjoyable work environment.. Training had some gaps in information for full time individuals, as I was hired with a large group of casual primary care paramedics. I was not introduced to my manager or other important members of the team, intact some of the on call management I never interacted with face to face. Need to negotiate job locations.

Terrible place to work, avoid if possible.

They don't care about employees or their customers, they just care about making money as cheaply as possible. The employee is always wrong, if they tell you to do something and then you do, and it costs them money, it's still your fault.

Pros

literally none.

Cons

Everything.

Rewarding career choice

I am a first responder, responding to any and all emergencies in the community. Its a very proud and rewarding career choice!

a stable place to work

My typical day at work depends on how busy it was. I usually did a couple emergency calls in day and then a couple transfers meaning we take a patient from a hospital and transfer them to another which most of the time lead to long waits in the Emergency Department or wait while the patient is getting tests done. As I am sure you can imagine some of the emergency calls were very tough emotionally and physically whether you are dealing with children, lifting patients out of some tight spots, or being with a family member who just lost a loved one looking to you to try to help them, though there is nothing that can be done. Management was pretty good about giving you help on those kinds of calls if you asked for it. My co-workers are amazing, and we very much used each other to debrief and work together. They became your family since you literally spend half your life with them. I really enjoyed my job when I was not waiting around in hallways for my entire shift. I have met the most amazing people doing my job. To hear some of their life stories and backgrounds and beliefs and their accomplishments was very inspiring! The best part of the job was hearing a thank you or knowing I made a difference whether I made there experience a little more comfortable or managed to help there pain or make them feel better. The job really could be quite thankless and quite rewarding depending on the day!

Pros

helping people, work as a team, fast pace environment

Cons

very long hrs, less family time, unkown meal times, no sleep, work holidays

Good people to work with management is a little tough

Long hours with lots of shift work. Not always good support from the management staff. The job is hard but very rewarding. There is room to advance. Some areas have bad staff turn around. the pay is connotative with the rest of the industry.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement