ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE

ASSOCIATED AMBULANCE Employee Reviews

Arrogant leadership, poor management, zero communication
PCP (Former Employee) –  RURAL, AB11 October 2019
It's more of a business than it is an ambulance service. The senior leadership as they like to call it are constantly arguing and never able to work together cohesively on important matters. There is a lot of arrogance being portrayed by the management group whenever i have had to interact. They say that they understand but respond in TOTALLY unacceptable manner, there is a lot of bullying by the senior management. The bosses are always short with you and do not take the time to sit and chat or even get to know your name. You are always wrong even when your right or never had an opinion in the first place. The people in the Edmonton and Mayerthorpe offices are impossible to interact with. Everyone is tense and you can feel the tension in the air when you walk into the Edmonton office. They preach at orientation about an open door policy but like all the rest of the lip service its a locked door at best. everyone's door is always closed. No one cares about pt treatment errors, no follow up is given on poorly managed calls. The company is very poorly managed from the top, they brag about getting there accreditation Canada with Commendation, however, they do not follow any of their own core values. There is poor direction and even worse leadership! I feel sorry for the front line employees working here, the owners do not deserve good people.
The hardest part of the job entailed witnessing the Senior Operating Officer belittle and berate a member of his Edmonton office staff in front of 2 of my co workers and a student that they had. Everyone present felt uncomfortable and
  more... as we all do in EMS "talked" to and with each other about the bullying style of this organizations so called leader...  less
Pros
not much
Cons
alot
Terrible workplace
PCP (Former Employee) –  Rural Alberta1 August 2019
DO NOT WORK FOR THESE USELESS INFERIORS. Management sucks and they’re all terrible people who like to breed to the sound of double standards. They don’t care about the employees. Management has some real issues considering they lack proper training in leadership and management. All the employees are suffering and not heard.
Cons
Varied experience, overall good team
Advanced Care Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Smoky Lake, AB8 January 2019
I worked with a great team of paramedics, including supervisors, comfortable communication, knowledgeable and enjoyable work environment..
Training had some gaps in information for full time individuals, as I was hired with a large group of casual primary care paramedics.
I was not introduced to my manager or other important members of the team, intact some of the on call management I never interacted with face to face.
Need to negotiate job locations.
Terrible place to work, avoid if possible.
Primary Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 October 2018
They don't care about employees or their customers, they just care about making money as cheaply as possible. The employee is always wrong, if they tell you to do something and then you do, and it costs them money, it's still your fault.
Pros
literally none.
Cons
Everything.
great place
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB30 April 2017
Its a great company. I made a lot of friends and had amazing experience. I have to type the minimum 150 chacarters. Why is this mandatory? aaaannddd done!
Rewarding career choice
Full time Primary Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Nordegg, AB5 February 2017
I am a first responder, responding to any and all emergencies in the community. Its a very proud and rewarding career choice!
a stable place to work
EMT (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB6 August 2015
My typical day at work depends on how busy it was. I usually did a couple emergency calls in day and then a couple transfers meaning we take a patient from a hospital and transfer them to another which most of the time lead to long waits in the Emergency Department or wait while the patient is getting tests done. As I am sure you can imagine some of the emergency calls were very tough emotionally and physically whether you are dealing with children, lifting patients out of some tight spots, or being with a family member who just lost a loved one looking to you to try to help them, though there is nothing that can be done. Management was pretty good about giving you help on those kinds of calls if you asked for it. My co-workers are amazing, and we very much used each other to debrief and work together. They became your family since you literally spend half your life with them. I really enjoyed my job when I was not waiting around in hallways for my entire shift. I have met the most amazing people doing my job. To hear some of their life stories and backgrounds and beliefs and their accomplishments was very inspiring! The best part of the job was hearing a thank you or knowing I made a difference whether I made there experience a little more comfortable or managed to help there pain or make them feel better. The job really could be quite thankless and quite rewarding depending on the day!
Pros
helping people, work as a team, fast pace environment
Cons
very long hrs, less family time, unkown meal times, no sleep, work holidays
Good people to work with management is a little tough
EMT-A Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smoky Lake, AB27 July 2015
Long hours with lots of shift work. Not always good support from the management staff. The job is hard but very rewarding. There is room to advance. Some areas have bad staff turn around. the pay is connotative with the rest of the industry.
Pros
Good pay