Associa Employee Reviews

great place, friendly atmosphere
Condominium Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 August 2019
I enjoy working here and get along very well with everyone. it is a busy place and everyone is eager to help out others when needed. close to home and commute is fast
Pros
extra cirricular activities
Cons
Join the WB/Associa Family and set yourself up for success!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 August 2019
The Wilson Blanchard family makes coming to work everyday engaging and enjoyable. Colleagues are warm and friendly. Leadership is supportive and open to new ideas.

WB/Associa is a great place to grow your career. Tons of opportunities for company paid training and development. Internal movement is supported and encouraged.

Some of my favorite things about WB/Associa are my team/colleagues, organizational respect for work life balance ex. generous paid time off (personal/sick/vacation) and Flex Fridays, and pop corn on Fridays.
Poor Management, Unqualified Personnel, Firing Without Cause
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 May 2019
If you actually have the skills and qualification to be an accountant and actually went to school for it then DO NOT apply to work at this company, they will hire anyone to do the job and some are unaware with what a debit and credit are for an accounting position before they start.

Management will lie and go behind your back, and not tell the truth in order for a person to be let go. They claim that they didn't fit in with the work environment, and make things up to cover up their tracks to make themselves feel better about their decisions. It is a toxic environment if you are not careful.

Benefits are not paid for by the company but out of your paycheque and you do not have the option to choose what you would like to choose, so you are forced to take the full package if you want any sort of benefit coverage.
Pros
Lots of corporate events
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, culture
Proud to Work at Associa
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada, On18 January 2019
The Guidance and Support from operational and senior Management are outstanding. Co-workers are help each other and always work as a team. I feel like this is my own company, lucky and proud to work at Associa.
Pros
Great Support and Team work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee)
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 July 2018
In the 8 months I worked there, I got nothing but jerked around, underutilized and ended up being let go for no cause. During the time there, the entire service department personnel had a 100% turn over rate and when I was let go actually had the highest seniority.

They have employee control programs that are complicated and crash all the time and when that happens the start blame gaming. When something goes wrong, the blame gaming starts again.

They promise vehicle use reimbursements but use bureaucratic excuses not to pay out those reimbursements and when I complained about that, I was dismissed and shown the door.

Do not work for this company!!!
Pros
Cons
Blame Gaming
Not to be considered
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 July 2018
If you want a low paying, political nightmare of a company to work for, then Associa is for you.
Weekly firings, broken promises and sub standard management, Associa is for you.
Its all about control, keep your back to the wall and your head down.
No accountable behavior what so ever.

If your a deceptive manipulator, who thrives on stepping on others, Associa is for you!
Pros
Zero
Cons
To many to mention
Productive Workplace that teaches a lot
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 May 2018
Always had something to do but was given enough time and a great pace for each task therefore, i was never stressed and never felt super pressured. I learnt a lot since many of the employees were willing and wanted to teach me about the accounting environment.
Good Job Culture
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 February 2018
Overall experience was good. Learnt so many new things aout property management. Management is very supportive and motivates you to cop-up at the workplace .
Pros
Very frindly staff
Cons
No cons
Horrible conpany to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey bc31 August 2017
Horrible place to work management does nothing but backstab and gossip. They do nothing to advance the company 80 percent of employees are unhappy. The management is all about the power
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
Low wage excessive hours bad management
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  surrey, bc4 August 2017
this environment is very poor for people who work as temporal. They treat you as a second class and they don't invite you for their activities or give you a good chair to work in the computer. I ended up at the hospital as my legs and arm get so sore for lack of comfortable chair.