ASSINIBOINE PARK CONSERVANCY Employee Reviews

Great location, experienced staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2018
Working at The Park Cafe was a great first job for when I was 16, though it was only a summer job for me I found myself working long hours, 5 days per week which wasn't ideal for me. Overall my coworkers were people that I could learn a lot from because of their great experience. I did not get a chance to serve while I was working at The Park Cafe because I was underaged but I did have many responsibilities such as opening and closing the door of the restaurant, preparing table for guests, seating guests and delivering food to tables. My experience working at The Park cafe was good for a first job and definitely helped me learn about the work place and customer service .
Pros
Half hour paid breaks, friendly staff
Great not-for-profit
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2017
Still a young organization in transition and growth but very exciting environment with a great cause. Wage is ok but benefits are great!

Beautiful setting with most people just trying to do their best to make the vision for the Park & Zoo come true.
Pros
Amazing working setting
Cons
Departments located all over the Park among communication sometimes difficult
Was not a terrible job but not ideal either
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
Shifts were long, about 12 hours and late, hard to keep up with school/sleep. Management was petty. Nice enough coworkers. Lots of overtime. Uncomfortable uniforms.
Pros
Free dinner, overtime pay
Cons
long shifts, petty managers, customers didn't treat us very well
Seemed too good to be true
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2018
Working here at APC was an ok experience for my short stint. The orientation made it seem like it was more extravagant than what it actually is. The manager of my department was extremely pushy as micromanaging everything, always calling to make sure you “do this and do that” not really giving you an opportunity to fulfill your job tasks on your own without being told. It got really frustrating to the point of finding other employment.
Pros
City Union
Cons
Boring night shifts, super unrealistic expectations for patrols
Lots of work little reward
Retail Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 December 2014
I basically was working with someone who had less education and working knowledge of accounting. I was fixing my bosses mistakes and just wasn't the right fit for me. Benefits were great but the working environment was just terrible.
Pros
RRSP match contributions
Cons
You are a work horse
Great people
Seasonal Garden Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2016
Awesome team, everyone works together and makes it easier to get through the long days in changing weather conditions. Management was great and caring and helpful. I highly recommend this position to anyone who loves the outdoors and getting their hands dirty.
good place to work, monotonous at times
Project supervisor/Gardener 1 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 December 2015
a typical day consisted of checking greenhouses temps ect irrigation were needed followed by other assighned duties
afternoon greenhouse maintenance watering ect... creating and designing containers, and display items.
Better care in hiring supervising/ mgmt staff is recommended
Bqt (Former Employee) –  Bqt10 July 2016
Banquet mgmt is highly manipulative. Not the right workplace( department), esp. for young girls and "nice" people. Keep walking keep walking
Great staff
Seasonal Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 January 2015
nice friendly work enviroment , pleasent staff and volenteers