ASSINIBOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE

ASSINIBOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Human resources did not exist when I worked for this establishment. Multiple circumstance of racist slurs by employees about students or staff. Bulling was clearing happened from upper management. Unprofessionalism by upper management caused many problems
I would like to work full time at this institution. I like giving back to the organization that helped me advance in my career. There is alot of support available and the students and faculty are friendly.
It was agreat experience and worked very well with students and faculty. It was a 10 month position that I fulfilled. I would be happy to work with ACC again if and when the opportunity would become available.
Avoid getting employed in such a toxic workplace. They talk about being diverse which they are not. Narrow & tunnel vision. The institution is run to pacify the whims & fancy of the management. The staff are there to pacify the management’s ego.
Very good place to work, great work, life balance. The people are very friendly and want the best for not only their students but their staff as well.
Nice environment and good people to work with. Everybody is willing and ready to help. Conducive environment for growth and development. I will recommend any day any time..
Monitor via foot patrol and CCTV
Breaks are paid on your own time

Shifts are required to be filled 7 days a week

Work alone for shifts

Relaxed environment
The management and staff were excellent in providing a creative learning environment in meeting the needs of the students. As a instructor in one of their programs, they were very supportive, open to new ideas and flexible.
Pros
Provides excellent adult education programs outside major urban centers
Cons
More programs needed in rural locations
This was a 9 month course into the entry level of plumbing. Once I completed the course and attained a certain average I was automatically put into level 2 plumbing.
It is not a job or a chore to work here when you enjoy your job! A good place to share knowledge and be part of a work team that is there for student success.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ASSINIBOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE?
A program designed by the Women's Directorate of Manitoba

I instructed a relatively small class of women of all ages to the introduction of computers. I instructed the class on setting up emails accounts, the basics of computer application Word 98

I learned that each individual understands at different levels and gave me opportunity to work one on one with some.

I enjoyed the camaraderie amongst us
Pros
Interaction and encouragement to and from the students.
Cons
there was none
Excellent company to work for they are very supportive and work around my other job. Excellent student
Lots of caring about employees and willing to work with them. There students come out great
Pros
Cons
Not permanent
Teaching has always been a passion of mine. I find nothing more enjoyable than teaching or educating a group of people who are genuinely interested in learning about a specific topic. Obviously it is inevitable one or two (or more) rotten apples will be found in every group of students, hey that's life. The trick is not to let it bother you too much and to concentrate of all the good students, the ones who want to learn and do the work.
Pros
home every night
Cons
dealing with the odd trouble maker, who really is just looking for attention and validation
During my employment at Assiniboine Community College I learned various software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Visio, etc.)

I enjoyed working as a team with my co-workers and the management team.

As an Evening Programs Instructor it was hard to work a full day and then teach for approximately 3 hours in the evening.
Pros
Using a variety of software applications
Cons
Working full days and teaching as an Evening Programs Instructor
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSINIBOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.
ASSINIBOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Reviews by Location