Assiniboia Downs Employee Reviews

It is fun to work in the building specially on summer days
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 March 2018
Everyday at work is fine specially when you are very well familiar with your job, I learned a lot of things at Assiniboia Downs like using specialized cleaning equipment. The management and workplace culture is okay. But the salary and benefit do not compensate on the job that you are doing specially the place is not a bus route area.
great place to work
Bet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
great people and very flexible hours. perfect summer position for someone who goes to school but still needs a job for school. Supervisors were all very good to work with
Pros
people
Productive and fun wirkplace
Phone Operator and part time supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
My jobs requirements are to answer the phones and take in account bets. I deal with customer service and the security of their accounts and credit cards. What I learned is to be just as polite and friendly on the phone as if you were face to face with the customer.
The upper management is great to work with. Approachable and eager to help me problem solvent if needed no matter what time of day or night.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to interact with customers for the most part to see if they are satisfied with the help we give them.
This is my second job and to be honest it dosnt feel that way. The environment in which I work is like a family of great friends. Going into work is like interacting with a great bunch of friends at a fun place to work!
Pros
The plus about this job is they are flexible with my needs and shifts to work.
Cons
Sometimes working the late nights and then early mornings can catch up with me.
Exciting place with many different opportunities
Chef (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2017
Family business feel for a larger company. As long as you "Do Your Job!" you are not micromanage! Best place I have ever worked for how they care and help employees.
Pros
Respect, caring
Cons
Older environment, location
Good starting job.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
Washed dishes for the company only for a short while because I had found employment elsewhere which had better opportunities.
Wow this was my worst job
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2016
Dirty, poorly managed from the top down. I would never recommend eating there i can not believe this place was never shut down. It is literally falling apart everywhere.
worker
Delivery Driver, Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  winnipeg10 June 2014
working in the racing business bartending during the racing. Clock the horses in the am.
Pros
discount on food people
Cons
seasonal work
fun and intense environment
Mutual Operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2013
regular customers
great coworkers
hardest part is if you don't get a bet in on time some customers can/will get mad at you
most enjoyable is cashing in a big win for customers
Pros
great hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assiniboia Downs. Our community is ready to answer.

Assiniboia Downs Reviews by Location