Assante Wealth Management

Assante Wealth Management Work-life balance reviews

Good Job security,No Covid 19 related layoffs and you get to learn a lot that will help you as you advance in your career. Very fast paced. Good and collaborative teams
I've never come across a nicer group of people to work with. They are always helpful and willing to go above and beyond to help solve the problems of the day.
I worked for one of Assante's branches for a short period of time but I enjoyed every minute of it. The team is so kind and willing to help when you need a hand. I learned a great deal with the extensive training and the environment was awesome. Most importantly they treat you as an equal with the upmost respect.
Your work is not valued and often credit is applied to the favorite on the team. Pay is not fair and you are expected to work unpaid over time if you want to be promoted or even considered for promotion. The core job is often not too difficult which is good because you are not supported by management at all. You are expected to take verbal abuse from advisors on a daily basis as they are the core earners of the company. Complaints are more likely to come back against you than to help you. They are not committed to the environment or to work life balance. This is not a healthy or good place to work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unpaid work, negative environment, low pay
Great company, very very fast paced. Learned so much about the financial/ investment world. Loved my job Be prepared to work long hours during RSP & tax season
Pros
Perfect for learning & understanding the financial world
Cons
Very very fast paced, and definitely must be self motivated
- did not like the management - salary and benefits were good - fast paced and competitive good place to start your career - type of work environment also depends on the advisor you work for
The job itself was fine but if you’re not in the fav you won’t get the same opportunity or advancement. Still an ok place to get into the industry.. Good luck!
Nice place to work at. Friendly and talented people to work with. Work/life balance. Advisors are professional, back office are helpful and productive. Strongly recommend.
A fun and friendly environment to work for. Great working facility and provides a great work life balance. Management treat their employees with utmost respect.
They have a huge lunch room. The building is nice as well as the people. If I think anything can change it would be management. They pick an choose who is liked and who is not. Even if your work is better than most.
In the 11+ years I have worked here, I have not only enjoyed a great work relationship with all my colleagues but have also developed friendships in these years. I have always felt support through personal losses and challenges outside of work. The environment here is warm and personable and the work challenging at times, as technology is always changing.
CI management style makes this a difficult environment to work in, more than it needs to be. They have slowly forced out the Assante employees for one reason or another. They have turned it into a culture of friends hiring friends which is to say they look for reasons to force anyone out so they can bring their friends in. The people coming in are less experienced but they are part of the in crowd.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
- cold calling all day - I learned sales skills and how to prospect clients - Management is supportive and motivating - Workplace culture is friendly - hardest part of the job is working 12 hours a day - hardest part of the day is staying motivated throughout rejection
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Kept you busy and one your toes. I learned so much, even for personal saving. My boss had me attend his lunch meeting with clients. Overall, Super fun job
Pros -Management -Great work environment -room for advancement -free coffee - easy work -coworkers Cons -office life -repetitive work -unsatisfying work
I really enjoyed my colleagues, they were all really great people to work along side.I absolutely love working at Assante. Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole.
Pros
Good People
Cons
I get excited to wake up to go to work the next day. Colleagues are like family to me and I have been at Assante less than a year. Management is great and very helpful with their open door policy.
Pros
Games and Lunch Rooms
Cons
Much Over Time Required
Working as an Investment Advisor is a very demanding job espeically when you are building your own client portfolio. You need to work from 9AM to 9PM generating leads to meet with prospects to introduce them to your philosophy and how you can add value to their financial situation. You need to be patient, and you must supress your frustration to make sure you keep looking forward. This is the best job if you plan to committing to it in the long run, because there is no such thing as instant gratification with it!
Excellent organization to work for. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Good people to work with. Lots of room for advancement and learning.
I would process the payroll and time sheets I was only there a short period of time. So I really didn't get a chance to meet anyone or make friends.
Have your resume ready... this is not a secure job environment. Lay-offs and turnover can happen at any time.