Assante Wealth Management

Assante Wealth Management Job security & advancement reviews

Good Job security,No Covid 19 related layoffs and you get to learn a lot that will help you as you advance in your career. Very fast paced. Good and collaborative teams
The company was great to work for. I was in an office with several other advisors and the one I worked for. She was not a very good boss. I worked for about 5 months and quit. She was known for not being able to keep assistants. I wish I knew that before I started.
Your work is not valued and often credit is applied to the favorite on the team. Pay is not fair and you are expected to work unpaid over time if you want to be promoted or even considered for promotion. The core job is often not too difficult which is good because you are not supported by management at all. You are expected to take verbal abuse from advisors on a daily basis as they are the core earners of the company. Complaints are more likely to come back against you than to help you. They are not committed to the environment or to work life balance. This is not a healthy or good place to work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unpaid work, negative environment, low pay
They suggest that you are an independent contractor but nothing could farther from the truth. The corporate culture is misogynistic and racist. Greed and self interest are the operating principles......Just a terrible organization
I worked there for a summer, as a part job, I found it enjoyable. I would recommend any student in the financial field to give it a try. I have learned a lot
- did not like the management - salary and benefits were good - fast paced and competitive good place to start your career - type of work environment also depends on the advisor you work for
The job itself was fine but if you’re not in the fav you won’t get the same opportunity or advancement. Still an ok place to get into the industry.. Good luck!
Nice place to work at. Friendly and talented people to work with. Work/life balance. Advisors are professional, back office are helpful and productive. Strongly recommend.
In the 11+ years I have worked here, I have not only enjoyed a great work relationship with all my colleagues but have also developed friendships in these years. I have always felt support through personal losses and challenges outside of work. The environment here is warm and personable and the work challenging at times, as technology is always changing.
Not a good envirnoment if you don't like to be micro managed, as you are told you have to work on Saturdays if you refuse you will get fired and told they no longer need you. Do not work here unless you like have zero freedom.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, bad management and lack of progression.
Working with Assante Wealth Managment was the best step in my career. This job had a number a diverse opportunities for me to seize. I learned so much in my time with Assante, it is hard to pin point one thing that I learned. I worked with many amazing individuals who were so kind and generous with their knowledge and experience I felt like a sponge taking in all their comments,critiques and direction - each was a teaching moment I embraced. Assante allowed me to develop training programs that took me across Ontario to teach other Administrative Assistants about our products. Event Planning came in the picture because I was required to locate, book venues, prepare and set up for all the training sessions stretching from St. Catharines to Pickering to Thunder Bay. Networking came hand in hand with both the Teaching and Event Planning aspect of the jobs. My supervisors gave me the reigns to make the job what I envisioned it to be.
Pros
Meeting People, Networking, Learning, Teaching
Cons
Travel away from Home
Pros -Management -Great work environment -room for advancement -free coffee - easy work -coworkers Cons -office life -repetitive work -unsatisfying work
First job out of school has been a learning experience working in a high stress work environment. Learned how to find prospects and market new products.
Most Assante advisors work independently for the main company in Toronto. I had the opportunity to work for one of them who was a complete micromanaging tyrant who made you feel totally incompetent and like you were an idiot. The actual team at Assante head office and other locations from my experience were very generous with their time and knowledge. I just happened to find the one Advisor who didn't look at your positive contributions to his business, but focused on any mistake made in the office. None of which were ever seen by or affected the actual client directly. I would return to Assante in a heart beat - under a different advisor.
I enjoyed my time working at Assante. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming, and I was trained well for my position. As the administrative assistant I made a lot of cold calls which were difficult at first but I learned better communication skills.
Easy going management, very approachable. Located right by Union Station. Great lunch room, short walk to the lake. Great co-workers and management. Great company.
Pros
Free food and wine at semi-annual company parties. Great facility.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Good work environment, good co-workers. Work parties in June and in December are really awsome. Unlimited drinks and food. Good location right by union.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, right downtown close to union station.
Cons
No employment advancement opportunities.
I enjoyed working at Assante Wealth Management but due to cut backs I was laid off in April 2014. My day consists of placing client trades such as mutual funds switches, buy, and sell. I enjoyed working with the people in the office.
Management was excellent. McDonald's provided the culture to learn and develop communication skills in your career.
Excellent organization to work for. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Good people to work with. Lots of room for advancement and learning.
I would process the payroll and time sheets I was only there a short period of time. So I really didn't get a chance to meet anyone or make friends.