Assante Wealth Management

Assante Wealth Management Culture reviews

The Vancouver office I worked at was wonderful - from management to the admin support staff! It was one of the best I've ever worked at. The admin team were genuinely supportive of one another even though we all worked for individual advisors or teams of advisors. I really miss the admin team more than anything else.
Pros
Supportive team and work culture
Cons
Can be stressful at times especially when markets are down or during tax season
I've never come across a nicer group of people to work with. They are always helpful and willing to go above and beyond to help solve the problems of the day.
They suggest that you are an independent contractor but nothing could farther from the truth. The corporate culture is misogynistic and racist. Greed and self interest are the operating principles......Just a terrible organization
- did not like the management - salary and benefits were good - fast paced and competitive good place to start your career - type of work environment also depends on the advisor you work for
CI management style makes this a difficult environment to work in, more than it needs to be. They have slowly forced out the Assante employees for one reason or another. They have turned it into a culture of friends hiring friends which is to say they look for reasons to force anyone out so they can bring their friends in. The people coming in are less experienced but they are part of the in crowd.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job included; compiling and uploading files into records management system, and maintaining all office files, both electronic and hard copies. Limited supervisions. Flexible hours with reasonable break times. Competitive salary. Staff was productive and a pleasure to work with.
- cold calling all day - I learned sales skills and how to prospect clients - Management is supportive and motivating - Workplace culture is friendly - hardest part of the job is working 12 hours a day - hardest part of the day is staying motivated throughout rejection
Pros
autonomy
Cons
The working environment is wonderful, the people are great which makes it feel more like family than co-workers/employers. My work day consists of placing of trades, tracking transfers, and interacting with clients and our Head Office on a daily basis.
Kept you busy and one your toes. I learned so much, even for personal saving. My boss had me attend his lunch meeting with clients. Overall, Super fun job
Busy and always have something new to learn. I have learned how to process documents and different investment products type. Mixed culture. Nothing is hard about the job. To meet other people and the continuous learning.
Pros
Free Beverage, near subway
Cons
nothing I can think of now.
Work timings were great Workplace culture was toxic with the added micromanagement and bad behaviour Some advisors are luddites (very difficult to work with in this technologically advanced era)
I really enjoyed my colleagues, they were all really great people to work along side.I absolutely love working at Assante. Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Excellent sales team to work with. Extremely cooperative and supportive, a friendly working environment that helped ensure that work was done efficiently and quickly.
Ma première expérience au Canada, très bonne expérience, Manager à l'écoute, collaborateurs jeunes et dynamiques.
La plus grande difficulté avec ce poste étais d'appeler quel qu'une que vous ne connaisser même pas et de parler de leur finances privés avec buts d'inviter chez nous pour un revue au complète de leur plans fiscale.
Management was excellent. McDonald's provided the culture to learn and develop communication skills in your career.