Assante Wealth Management

Assante Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Review Summary
The company was great to work for. I was in an office with several other advisors and the one I worked for. She was not a very good boss. I worked for about 5 months and quit. She was known for not being able to keep assistants. I wish I knew that before I started.
Favoritism and back stabbing
Your work is not valued and often credit is applied to the favorite on the team. Pay is not fair and you are expected to work unpaid over time if you want to be promoted or even considered for promotion. The core job is often not too difficult which is good because you are not supported by management at all. You are expected to take verbal abuse from advisors on a daily basis as they are the core earners of the company. Complaints are more likely to come back against you than to help you. They are not committed to the environment or to work life balance. This is not a healthy or good place to work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unpaid work, negative environment, low pay
Great company to work for
Great company, very very fast paced. Learned so much about the financial/ investment world. Loved my job
Be prepared to work long hours during RSP & tax season
Pros
Perfect for learning & understanding the financial world
Cons
Very very fast paced, and definitely must be self motivated
Just a terrible organization with a fundamental culture of greed and self interest
They suggest that you are an independent contractor but nothing could farther from the truth. The corporate culture is misogynistic and racist. Greed and self interest are the operating principles......Just a terrible organization
Good people; good work
Very good place to work. Dealt with clients both in person, online and on telephone. Mainly booked appointments and redirected them to the proper persons.
secretarial work
I worked there for a summer, as a part job, I found it enjoyable. I would recommend any student in the financial field to give it a try. I have learned a lot
okay place to work
- did not like the management
- salary and benefits were good

- fast paced and competitive good place to start your career

- type of work environment also depends on the advisor you work for
Fun place to work
loved working there. just didn't like the commission only atmosphere. just wasn't really for me. I like a nice Salary. with that being said i had to move on.
I don’t recommend
The job itself was fine but if you’re not in the fav you won’t get the same opportunity or advancement. Still an ok place to get into the industry.. Good luck!
Productive and friendly workplace.
Nice place to work at. Friendly and talented people to work with. Work/life balance. Advisors are professional, back office are helpful and productive.
Strongly recommend.
Low pay, No sick days, Terrible Management
No sick days, Terrible Management. Treated very poorly. Very, Very Low pay, Manager is friends with mean Click , so they make the decisions for her. One of the worst places I have worked.
productive and fun place to work
A fun and friendly environment to work for. Great working facility and provides a great work life balance. Management treat their employees with utmost respect.
Very Unprofessional work culture
Very unprofessional work environment, lack of proper training for FSRs. Role is very dependent on knowledge of supervisors, team leaders and senior staff. Whom can be very egotistical at times. A lot of favoritism in regards to who gets additional training or the opportunity to work on special projects.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
No overtime offered even in busy peak periods
Nice lunch room
They have a huge lunch room. The building is nice as well as the people. If I think anything can change it would be management. They pick an choose who is liked and who is not. Even if your work is better than most.
Friendly, family oriented office.
In the 11+ years I have worked here, I have not only enjoyed a great work relationship with all my colleagues but have also developed friendships in these years. I have always felt support through personal losses and challenges outside of work. The environment here is warm and personable and the work challenging at times, as technology is always changing.
Great place to work for until CI Financial bought it
CI management style makes this a difficult environment to work in, more than it needs to be. They have slowly forced out the Assante employees for one reason or another. They have turned it into a culture of friends hiring friends which is to say they look for reasons to force anyone out so they can bring their friends in. The people coming in are less experienced but they are part of the in crowd.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours.
Job included; compiling and uploading files into records management system, and maintaining all office files, both electronic and hard copies. Limited supervisions. Flexible hours with reasonable break times. Competitive salary. Staff was productive and a pleasure to work with.
Extensive work hours required to achieve success.
- cold calling all day
- I learned sales skills and how to prospect clients

- Management is supportive and motivating

- Workplace culture is friendly

- hardest part of the job is working 12 hours a day

- hardest part of the day is staying motivated throughout rejection
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Very poor management but very nice co-workers
It’s all about the luck of the draw at Assante. If you happen to work in the Operations department you will likely have a poor manager. It is all about micromanaging and a bullying atmosphere. The hours are good at 8-4:30. Good benefits. The management is the problem however.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate, good benefits
Cons
Bad managers, busy during RRSP season but not busy for some parts of the year.
Summar
Days are 12 hrs long.
Learned how to prospect over the phone.

Develop knowledge of investments, insurance.

Holistic approach to wealth management.

Very good earning potential.
Productive & Fast Pace
The working environment is wonderful, the people are great which makes it feel more like family than co-workers/employers. My work day consists of placing of trades, tracking transfers, and interacting with clients and our Head Office on a daily basis.