Assa Abloy

Assa Abloy Employee Reviews

I loved my time at Assa Abloy. I enjoyed the faced paced environment and the staff were great. It was my first full time job after my accident and they were warm and welcoming to me.
Sales Manager is very knowledgeable about products and services offered however, could use improvement in managing staffing. More standardization required in training and bringing new hires up to speed, especially those not familiar with industry
This place was nice to work at . Relaxed environment and I enjoyed my time there . I'm happy with the time I spent there . I would reccomend them to anyone
It's a good company to work because it may help you and welcome you good To get a job is easy but you must have responsibility to manage and secure the job
Management does not care about the employees. They don't want to provide any training. Toxic environment and ill-mannered colleagues. Some managers are so stupid they could not take decisions. They rely on what other people said. Some managers do nothing and wasting time in the office by gossiping and doing politics. There is a group of mangers' pets. They also do nothing and when some issue came up they like to blame other hard working colleagues. If you are old and not have any education but you know how to do asskissing they will hire you for sure. Stressful life- they will make sure you will be stressed out either by putting more workload or humiliating you in front of everyone, office politics is high as they love gossip, poor pay, always treating employees to fire them, no growth opportunities.
Pros
Nothing good is there
Cons
Stressful life, high office politics, low pay, toxic environment
I learned to use Microsoft OneNote and Excel. People in the office are like a family, they are very friendly. The hardest part was to keep the focus on keeping a good customer calling rate. Overall it was a very good place to work at.
Mgt sweeps serious employee issues under the rug hoping that the higher ups don’t find out. Stay away!!!! Worst work experience ever. Employee are afraid to speak up for fear of retribution. They don’t treat employees well and have created a them (mgt) versus us environment. Everyone is afraid of the HR Director. Shouldn’t they be approachable? Very fake and not supprtive
Never have I had the displeasure of working for such an awful outfit. Management is unhinged and extremely difficult to deal with. They constantly lie to employees and customers alike to increase profit margins
I worked with an excellent team. I had the liberty to work at my pace. Was able to implement few processes. Management was supportive of my ideas. I made some good friends at Assa and would definitely recommend it to my friends.
This pace is great if your on the managing side of the company otherwise you are understaffed with no resources, extremely underpaid , and completely disregarded as an associate .
Pros
Great benefits program
Cons
Management is brutal and the salary is very low
Worst company ever... walk away from this company if you can, they are not correct they change your job even if you are hired for some job they gave you other
Pros
Cons
They hired you for a job a you start in other job, they are not trustful at all
Hiring an experienced manager and a full time sales person may have put this company on the right track. But Assa Abloys way is to make money first then hire the right people. Also training and support is is very scarce.
Pros
5 personal days a year
Cons
you could be in Calgary one day and yellowknife the nest without consideration for family life
Everyone there was fun to work with, management was friendly and involved, your day starts with picking orders for customers known as the morning rush, then later you get to chill for a bit then pick more orders throughout the day to prepare for the next day.
it a nice to work, multicultural, great people to work with, easy work, people help people if it is needed. I have learned a lot . because of my position I was able to have an idea on welding. great place.
ASSA ABLOY was in the early days of it's feverish acquisition phase, and Mul-T-Lock Canada operated much like a small company.We worked hard, were profitable, and it was with a sense of pride that I came to work each day.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Not belonging to the North American reporting structure.
this company is great to work for as long as you stay away from the politics of the work place. this company has taught me that no matter what type of structure a corporate business should live up too at the end of the day its who lies the most who will win. Great Company, but Management has no Structure
There was a lack of training, no room for advancement and the wage wasn't great. A typical day at work included me getting the technicians their jobs for the day and getting them out the door. I answered phones, did quotes, site checks and helped walk in customers.
everyone is friendly there, everything runs smoothly. as for me i only saw my co workers for about 30 minutes each morning as i was of to go do installs in and around saskatoon.
Pros
worked by myself or with one other
Cons
when electronics decide to not work
Very good company to work for, they take into account that we have our own lives and they work well with you to accommodate the job and life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Leaving out of town without notice
The company merged a well established company into the global fold. Union negotiation and labour relation issues are current. Lack of process and procedure manuals as you learn as you go.
Pros
High quality manufacturing
Cons
Long demanding hours
- typical day - answering phones, emailing, faxing, matching up accounts payable, sorting mail, filing, booking hotels, setting up stock deliveries with couriers, data entry - I learned accounts payable processing - how to set up deliveries on the phone and on the computer - how to work with new computer soft ware systems - management was very helpful - co-workers were great - hardest part of the job was learning all different co. names that we did business with - most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
Great Benifits and great people
Cons
cut backs # of employeys