Asplundh Tree Expert Co Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 1,005 reviews
great place to work
expert ULC Canada (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 May 2019
you learn a lot about the power line industry , work with many people from all power company's , you can build a lot of skills ,
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time
Utility Arborist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 March 2019
I spent alot of time with this company I spent 9 years with them climbing and repelling out of trees,running chain saw every day ran bucket truck.I trained and mentored new employees.
Stay Away
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 March 2019
Place is poison to mid-management and employees combined. Out of all my years working, many many jobs I’ve had, this by far takes the cake. MTO up our rear end, as should be other agencies, this place pushes ones imagination beyond belief, overall employee satisfaction.. nil .. I’d say the only ones who say it’s good are; the drug addicts, DUI recipients, and cons who won’t be fired because they have grandfathered UA licenses.
Pros
Few good coworkers but far and few between.
Cons
Wages, bosses, disrespect, lack of training, lots of behind the scenes stuff going on.
This company is an embarrassment to the trade.
Project Foreman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2018
Lacking equipment to safely to work, uneducated staff, specifically management, management renting trucks out to utilities as side job cash venture on weekends, never met a single certified UA while there but all operators were cutting trees around Powerlines. Terrible wages, terrible equipment, the men are unhappy. Stay away
Pros
Non
Cons
good place to work , will learn a lot about the utility industry
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 April 2018
great place to work must be fit and able to lift , work around chainsaws chippers control traffic , learn a lot about the utility industry learn to work high power safe , and efficiently work as a team with people in the utility industry. Work emergency storms travel around to many locations constant change in work environment, rewarding work helping keep power on for people , learning how to operate all kinds of different equipment , overall good place to work.
Pros
Working in a outdoor environment, always moving to different locations paid lunch .
Cons
heavy lifting, working in a dangerous environment, be willing to work emergency storms.
your just a number
climbing crew foreperson (Former Employee) –  southern ontario8 February 2018
i worked there for 2 years and i was lucky enough that my general foremen was a good friend of mine but i saw how others got treated and its just like everyone else says just a number
One of the worst.
Foreman/Climber (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
Enjoyed the work. Enjoyed the crew members. Management doesnt care about its employees, rarely see management at all. Most of the time you are running around with your head cut off and no recognition is ever given. Never reimbursed for gas. Never reimbursed for toll fees. They promise a lot but its 98% words no actions. All in all a decent full time pay cheque but THAT'S IT. Isn't worth the bs. Would I work for them again? No.
Nice place to work all work is outdoors
Utility arborist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2017
Enjoyed the job itself, my co-workers and I worked well together.
They supplied the necessary training and certificated need for the jobsite.
If not for the jobsite injury, I would still be there.
Pros
Bonuses yearly
Cons
Long hours and away from family
Bonne expérience de travail
Responsable des travaux | élagueur réseau (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 August 2017
tres belle compagnie bon avantage et salaire merci pour ces belles années
Pros
salaire avantage
Fast Paced good enviroment
Apprentice Utility Arborist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2017
Fast paced, you have to be a quick learner and have the ability to do many tasks efficiently and effectively. lots of oppurtunities to grow within the company.
great company
Grounds person (chainsaw) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2017
loa.
great management and crew. The ceo was a great an and helped me out after the loss of a loved one. The crew and foreman were safe and patient with new employees.
good company
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC5 February 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent working here , we slashed the exsisting gasline from Princeton to merritt , also set up riggin for the climber and cleaned up at days end , we worked with chainsaws and swing saws
Pros
good pay
Cons
no cons
good pay but long hours and hard work
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 January 2017
Wake up early in the morning, work until 5-6 PM, possibly later. receive LOA if travelling more than 50KM's. Learned how to operate a chipper and a chainsaw. Management was friendly and professional. Hard labour and long hours make the job a more difficult one. Best part was the pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work, Long Hours
I learned a lot working for them
utility arborist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 October 2016
A very safe and production e company, they helped certify me in many ways and showed me the benefits of safe work practices and procedures
un healthy work place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2016
highly un organized hard to get ahold of front line management long periods from home lack training for new drivers some personal hired dont understand concepts
Pros
gives new drivers a job
Cons
your on your own they take hear say dont check facts againist facts, bosses son can do no wrong pick family friends over others
Decent wage, but poisonous work environment.
Arborist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
Decent wage, but poisonous work environment and little job security. Hazardous, often life-threatening, working conditions . Learned that blind eyes and deaf ears are prevalent in management.
Pros
decent wage, exposure to the outdoors
Cons
long hours, hazardous work, entrenched racism
in the field work
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL, transmission line19 February 2016
enjoyed the job and location, good group of guys to work with and good management team. disappointed that our contract ended.
Pros
80 hr work week
Cons
living with other people in a house
Travelling work, provided hotels and meal allowance
Herbicide Applicator (Former Employee) –  AB17 December 2015
Consists of 12 hour physical labour, learn a lot about vegetation, always travelling for sub contractors, it is physically demanding and important safety measures are huge to ensure nobody gets hurt. Out door work with good crew members.
Pros
Meal Allowance
Cons
Long hours, away from home
Fun and Safe workplace with lots of work
Arborist/Climber (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2015
Very Productive Days Usually I Have learned a lot from this Company The Management is Ok could be a Bit more Lenient with certain circumstances Co-workers are great
enjoy not being stuck in a building everyday
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2014
I enjoy working outside but we work away from home alot which is tuff when you have small children. I make good money which allows to live a nice lifestyle
Pros
good money
Cons
away from home