Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC

Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,282 reviews

A good start

Asplundh gave me a great opportunity coming out of school to work with real Utility Arborists. It gave me the real experience I needed to start working on my own. The benefits are very good. I however get homesick so whenever we had to travel, it was tough for me. It was a good foot in the door for an Arborist.

Pros

Great benefits and unionized.

Cons

Travel away from home

haven’t seen anything like this in my life the bosses are always busy not coming in and one of our workers likes to wear womens panties and lingerie to work something needs to change plus our trucks run on hopes and dreams

Pros

Fridays off at the strip club

Cons

Guy at work wears Victorias secret

Good way to see the country

Terrible management, try to keep costs low so often you end up with faulty equipment, wrong equipment, or nothing. No scheduled time off so no work-life balance

Peaceful yet hard work

The only real part of this job i didn't like that I can remember was the horse flies in the woods and carrying the heavy harness mounted saw through uncut paths in the woods. But overall not a bad job, especially if you like the outdoors

Pros

Relaxed work in a peaceful environment

Cons

Heat, heavy equipment, and horseflies

An absolute nightmare of a company.

Stay as far away as you possibly can. I wish that I could rate them with zero stars. No safety in place. Their training was an absolute nightmare. We were sent to High Level and due to rain, unable to work for two weeks. They kept us up there and would not allow people with children or ageing parents to go home to look after them. The manager was horrible at his job and I would never wish his management on my worst enemy. The yard they have is full of half rotted steel drums seeping who knows what into the ground and their "commitment to safety" is an absolute joke. They still make you turn in physical time sheets on carbon paper that you have to Purolator to them. If you miss the drop in the city you're stuck in, you won't be paid. If driving large spray trucks, you have to keep a driver's log, but they hardly teach you how to fill it out. One member of our crew was pulled over the first day and his log was incorrect. The company didn't give him a break and made him pay the money, even though he was improperly trained to begin with. Stay as far away as you possibly can.

great place to work

I work for asplundh they started not liking that i took day off because of my mother sickness so i went to help take care of her with the time she had left then when i waiting to go back the boss didn't keep his problems he had with me so i have been looking for a new job.

great place to work

you learn a lot about the power line industry , work with many people from all power company's , you can build a lot of skills , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome place to gain experience

Came to Asplundh from a rival tree company and hadn't regretted the change at all. Was given more opportunity to learn and work hands on. Was also given an opportunity to move up the ranks and to learn new things constantly.

time

I spent alot of time with this company I spent 9 years with them climbing and repelling out of trees,running chain saw every day ran bucket truck.I trained and mentored new employees.

Stay Away

Place is poison to mid-management and employees combined. Out of all my years working, many many jobs I’ve had, this by far takes the cake. MTO up our rear end, as should be other agencies, this place pushes ones imagination beyond belief, overall employee satisfaction.. nil .. I’d say the only ones who say it’s good are; the drug addicts, DUI recipients, and cons who won’t be fired because they have grandfathered UA licenses.

Pros

Few good coworkers but far and few between.

Cons

Wages, bosses, disrespect, lack of training, lots of behind the scenes stuff going on.

This company is an embarrassment to the trade.

Lacking equipment to safely to work, uneducated staff, specifically management, management renting trucks out to utilities as side job cash venture on weekends, never met a single certified UA while there but all operators were cutting trees around Powerlines. Terrible wages, terrible equipment, the men are unhappy. Stay away

Pros

Non

Cons

good place to work , will learn a lot about the utility industry

great place to work must be fit and able to lift , work around chainsaws chippers control traffic , learn a lot about the utility industry learn to work high power safe , and efficiently work as a team with people in the utility industry. Work emergency storms travel around to many locations constant change in work environment, rewarding work helping keep power on for people , learning how to operate all kinds of different equipment , overall good place to work.

Pros

Working in a outdoor environment, always moving to different locations paid lunch .

Cons

heavy lifting, working in a dangerous environment, be willing to work emergency storms.

your just a number

i worked there for 2 years and i was lucky enough that my general foremen was a good friend of mine but i saw how others got treated and its just like everyone else says just a number

One of the worst.

Enjoyed the work. Enjoyed the crew members. Management doesnt care about its employees, rarely see management at all. Most of the time you are running around with your head cut off and no recognition is ever given. Never reimbursed for gas. Never reimbursed for toll fees. They promise a lot but its 98% words no actions. All in all a decent full time pay cheque but THAT'S IT. Isn't worth the bs. Would I work for them again? No.

Nice place to work all work is outdoors

Enjoyed the job itself, my co-workers and I worked well together. They supplied the necessary training and certificated need for the jobsite. If not for the jobsite injury, I would still be there.

Pros

Bonuses yearly

Cons

Long hours and away from family

Bonne expérience de travail

tres belle compagnie bon avantage et salaire merci pour ces belles années

Pros

salaire avantage

Fast Paced good enviroment

Fast paced, you have to be a quick learner and have the ability to do many tasks efficiently and effectively. lots of oppurtunities to grow within the company.

great company

loa. great management and crew. The ceo was a great an and helped me out after the loss of a loved one. The crew and foreman were safe and patient with new employees.

good company

I enjoyed the time I spent working here , we slashed the exsisting gasline from Princeton to merritt , also set up riggin for the climber and cleaned up at days end , we worked with chainsaws and swing saws

Pros

good pay

Cons

no cons

good pay but long hours and hard work

Wake up early in the morning, work until 5-6 PM, possibly later. receive LOA if travelling more than 50KM's. Learned how to operate a chipper and a chainsaw. Management was friendly and professional. Hard labour and long hours make the job a more difficult one. Best part was the pay.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hard work, Long Hours

I learned a lot working for them

A very safe and production e company, they helped certify me in many ways and showed me the benefits of safe work practices and procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9