AspenClean Employee Reviews

lacked job security.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC29 January 2019
You would come in each morning never knowing where you would be or how long or short your day would be. Management doesn't care if you're sick or if you have children at home. my grandmother passed away and I had to go to the funeral and the CEO called to ask if I actually needed to go because they really needed me to work.
That's the type of work environment it is there. half the team members there are extremely rude and entitled. There's just no consideration at all working there.
Team leaders get company car and cell phone, plus higher wages for doing everything a team member does plus driving.
Pros
Free breakfast every pay day. Team Leaders get company car and cell phone.
Cons
Casual hours, no flexibility, team members get no benefits
Supportive and friendly environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC17 December 2018
Management has an open door policy and will always try to make time to talk to employees.
Lots of support is provided for employee.
Encourages group activity and host company events for employees to socialize.
Hard work is appreciated and acknowledged.
Provides constructive feedback and improvement plans to improve personal skills.
Co-workers are friendly and always supportive.
Friendly with Empathy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2018
The culture of managers having open door policy and connecting with people. Relaxed but productive atmosphere where people are ok if they make a mistake.
Exciting, energetic company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2018
AspenClean is a high-energy, fun and dynamic company. You get the opportunity to meet and work with lots of fun and engaging people from different countries. Each day is different, and the owners are open-minded, friendly people.
Pros
Great place to meet people! Free breakfast every payday.
Great place to work!
Team Member/Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
Very friendly, supportive culture in this company. Things are organized and updated. Manager is down to earth, approachable, and connected with his Staff. Various perk and rewards are nice to have.
Pros
Tip
Cons
Commute
Horrible place, no consideration for employees!!!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2018
This is one job I wouldn't wish on anyone. They had no consideration for their employees, they make you bend over backwards for them with nothing in return. They don't know how to book the correct time for a clean, so you're rushing through the house and calling management to see about getting more time and they wait until you have five minutes left out of two hours to tell you it's been approved for more time or until you've already left the house and packing up the car. They won't help you if you need it. You call in and ask for additional help because the house is that bad and under booked and they tell you they'll send another team to help you, you're on a three person team, and an hour goes by without anyone coming so you call back and they ignore your call or message saying you have to do it yourself. They tell at you for taking to long to drive to the houses because of traffic, you don't get any breaks without being yelled at. If you day something, management gives you a warning and a resignation form to fill out because if you're not happy here then you should just leave. They will hire people and give them a better wage even though you've worked there longer. Do not work there!! Minimum wage went up so they cut our bonus wage to make up for it.
Poor
head office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
Company has a history of letting go of their employees. They have wasted a lot of time and effort constantly hiring/training good people without the intention of keeping them. The team is great however the management is very poor. Would not recommend working of this company.
Worst please to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Horable management Work you to the bone worst please to work won’t advise any one to work there
They lie they don’t pay you what they said they would pay
Pros
Non
Cons
Treat you bad
Great environment love it here!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
I started in may 2017 and enjoy it so much! The people you work with are amazing and I consider some like family. The management is great as well. A typical day would start at 730 and finish around 5. We do usually 3 to 4 homes a day with 3 people per team. If you want a job with amazing people and The BEST manager aspen is the place for you!!!!
Pros
Great co- workers, breakfast on payday, amazing vegan products, and to much more to list!!!!
Cons
Nothing at all!!!!!
Great company, good people
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2017
Aspenclean has been a great place to work. The owners are great people, the teams are high energy and it's just a fun place to be.

There are free breakfasts on payday as well.
Pros
Good pay, free breakfast on paydays
Cons
Early hours
Monday through Friday job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2017
>it's a Monday through Friday job which is great, 8:30 am to whenever you finish your last job or last assignment.
>all employee have to report in the main office in west Vancouver every morning
>no extended medical or dental benefits.
>if you're a 'team leader' your only benefit is the company will provide you a car for business and personal use. Free insurance. Gas reimbursement for business use
'--->if you get into an accident or someone else hit your car, you're responsible for covering the deductible which is $300
'--->you're responsible for any parking or any motor violations
>95-99% woman... barely any man who apply for the job
>pay is good, it pays the bill. Pay is a dollar more if you're a 'team leader'. Also, your bi-weekly pay will also based on your CLIENT'S rating, if you get 1 out 5 scale from client's review, expect a big chunk of your money taken out of your paycheck. Which is a killer-mood. How often does it happens? Quite a lot, like everyday. Hey! You can't make every people happy, right?
>the management are pretty good, but management will not stand up by you if things goes wrong. They expect you to deal with and suck it up.
>there's no job security. Luckily there isn't enough people who loves to clean in this world, so you're pretty safe
>scheduling; some days are short and some days are very long.
>load of work; some days can be light some days can be heavy, depends how nasty your house is going to clean and how much time your team got to finish the job. If the job is meant for 4 hours job for 2 people, the management will give you 30 minutes
  more... to finish the job, you absolutely need to chop chop. If you extend your stay? You don't get pay for it.  less
Pros
Free car
Cons
A lot of things
Bad hours and bad pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
This company isn't any different from other cleaning companies out there. It is disorganized, with bad hours and no benefits. Sometimes you meet good people but most of the time you don't, when some good hours present themselves, which are far and few in between, you are worked to the bone. And don't even think about staying long here because they just have a revolving door, nobody wants to stay because the job is bad.Do yourselves a favour and don't even think of working here.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, no hours, bad work environment from management down
family environment
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
excellent people to work with

a regular work day started at 7.30 am where we would have our morning meeting at the office

then the manager would assign our teams and give out the work orders for the day

the jobs could be 5 jobs for one hour each or 2 jobs for 3 or more hours

we would then pack our supplies and drive to the clients home
Your second home you will be proud to be a part of
Customer Care and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 December 2016
Be prepared to work in an enthusiastic and supportive environment where you can feel this energy from stepping in to the office. Everyone I work with are open and friendly. The owners and management appreciate suggestions from every employee and are very attentive to their concerns. I love to be a part of the company that tried to change the world to a better not only through the Eco friendly and natural products but also a work ethic and environment inside the company.
Pros
Breakfasts and fresh coffee in the mornings, enthusiastic coworkers, supportive environment
Cons
Some days are very busy, so you might stay overtime, but where you don't have occasional busy days?
Best Cleaning Company to work for
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I have worked for a few cleaning companies before so I have a good perspective. AspenClean is the best by far. They are super organized. The work environment is friendly. They have a Manager Open Door policy, where an employee can always talk to the Manager about any questions or concerns. They attract good people and treat them well. There are bonuses, awards and free breakfasts served. Love working here.
Worst interview I've ever had
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
I thought that Aspen clean was a great place until I stepped in and had an interview it took me about 40 minutes to get there and another 20 minutes to wait for the interviewer to finish lunch the interview only took 10 minutes she didn't even explain why I didn't get the job just that I didn't have enough residential experience and only commercial experience when there isn't much difference and was very rude about it and didn't even give me a chance to talk management is very rude and inconsiderate of other people's time and dedication to getting a job I felt very uncomfortable and judged by their employer even though it specifies that they do not judge in anyway shape or form but that's a lie so just be cautious worst place ever
Pros
Cons
Rude and inconsiderate management needs up grading
Productive and casual work place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 November 2016
Aspen Clean runs on a group of hard working, ethical, and friendly individuals. The owners of the company are very involved and listen to the employees ideas and feedback. It's very easy to get along with everyone and be productive as a team. Overall, it is a great group of people to work with and an ethical company to be proud of.
Pros
Breakfast on pay days
Cons
Long days
Eco-friendly work environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I have been working here since 2014.
The employees who work with me cooperate and respect each other and the owner is very kind and listens to our opinions and reflects them in practical work.

The most enjoable part of the job is the Capilano river is near the company, so I can go for a walk during my break.
Pros
get the organic cleaning products with employee price
Cons
overtime on busy days
Nice environment, competitive wage, good work/life balance
Operations manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I have worked for AspenClean for a year now and have enjoyed my time with the business. The owners are very friendly and are quick to acknowledge a job well done. Wage is competitive and and no one works past 5pm which is a bonus particularly because I am on a working visa and love having my free evenings to explore and plan outings.
Friendly and Respecful
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2016
I've been working at Aspen Clean for years, I like the environment they are all friendly and respectful, treat everyone like family, I found is a good place to work and met new people from everywhere and new experience.
Pros
Free breakfast on pay days
Cons
Sometimes over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspenClean. Our community is ready to answer.