Aspen University Employee Reviews

This place sucks
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO29 March 2019
Just found out today when you quit you dont get paid

out your unused PTO. What kind of company does this.

If I would have known this I would have used my PTO before quiting this place.
Best adjunct position in nursing
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Remote17 March 2019
The pay rate is decent, but paychecks are inconsistent because student assignments fluctuate and class sizes are small. I wish they had more Fulltime positions, there doesn’t seem to be any way for advancement within the university. The MSN program director is great to work for, and listens to the faculty. Great work culture.
Pros
Direct deposit; supportive work culture
Cons
No advancement opportunities; small class sizes
Aspen Review
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO10 November 2018
Aspen is a great place to work. The company culture is encouraging and collaborative. The managers are always there if you need to speak with them but they do not micro-manage. They want you to do well and sincerely care about your wellbeing.
Not the best interview process
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 October 2018
I was called in for an Interview, all went well, I had the CFO tell me to my face that an offer would be made in the next 24 hours. Whats next ? NOTHING. No call, no replies, no nothing. This was a very unprofessional way to handle the situation. I still wish them all the best as they have a some growth outline for this coming years
Very stressful environment
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 September 2018
Stressful tot he point that you will get sick. Too much politics. I have worked with a CFO whom he claims he never made any mistake, so pointing fingers was his best job. I learned that no matter how much dedication you'd given to a company, that it is still not enough. Hardest part of the job was working late every single night, on your vacation days. You basically have no life.
great for at-home work
Professor, adjunct Nursing (Current Employee) –  from home10 July 2018
love my job with them; dean of nursing program supportive; great structure for the students and faculty; prompt with paying; colleagues are friendly and helpful
Productive and fun worplace
Online Facilitator/ Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SC28 June 2018
Aspen University is awesome! Aspen is a beautiful, welcoming place where everyone is welcome! There is an overwhelming sense of community to be found by anyone from any background, and academics are challenging and prepare you for anything you may want to pursue after college. The atmosphere and school spirit are always lively, and it's an overall great place to be.
Best School to work at
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO21 December 2017
Aspen University is the best job I have ever had. Everyone who works here is so caring and helpful. I feel really good helping students and my work is very rewarding. The management team is small and very involved. It is very much a team atmosphere. I highly recommend.
Pros
Cons
No match on 401K
Company is small and still growing. Lots of changes.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ23 July 2015
Company started off well then many changes came into effect that sometimes may not benefit the company or staff. Training NOW is very beneficial. The mission of the company is what keeps it going and i believe in the change in Higher Education the CEO is aiming for.
Fun & Relaxing
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ12 June 2015
Great place to work at! Great atmosphere, team players, good management team. Great benefits, flexible schedule, pay holiday and pay time off after 60 days, health insurance. Great salaries! Overall great company! I loved working at Aspen University, it is a call center environment, but I personally enjoy interpersonal interaction.
Pros
10 minutes breaks, and nice break-room
Cons
Sitting down for long hours
Great group of colleagues
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ7 May 2015
The people make the company! Great place to work for those with families. Schedule is very flexible. The Atmosphere is the best part of this company. The school is changing the way of education! I believe in the goal this company has in changing higher education.
Online University
Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 July 2013
Not a great place to work, you are there one day the next you get laid off. Operations were moved to Arizona and Colorado.
Fun start up with a lot to keep me busy
EVP Information & Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York City, NY28 November 2012
Aspen University was a fine place to work, however budget constraints made everything take longer that we hoped. I very much enjoy working with the developers as well as the business users and the business development teams, and growing a company basically from scratch is both challenging and exciting.
Pros
flexible working environment
Cons
compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen University. Our community is ready to answer.