Aspen Technology Employee Reviews

TOXIC environment would be an understatement
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA26 March 2018
Constantly being lied to about advancing your career. Everyone is cut throat and willing to throw even the hardest working employees under the bus. No collaboration amongst teams. Management was incredibly inexperienced or completely inconsistent. Most of the processes, including their financial processes, were archaic to put it lightly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management, micro management, toxic environment
Rubber, Molding, Injection
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN27 February 2018
While I was working at Aspen Technologies I was trimmed parts, working the line and inspection. I also enjoyed getting along with my coworkers. I also got a great promotion.
bad company
Cell Leader/ Production (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI1 November 2017
When I was working there they would let people go for no reason and they would hire people with less pay. Until I found out that they were getting rid of the ones who was pay more money.
I enjoyed working in Aspen Technology.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  2500 Citywest Blvd, Houston Texas19 September 2017
I worked 3.5 years in Aspen Technology. Some of my ex colleagues from this company are very close friends to me now.I left from the job due to my maternity leave. I could not extend my leave. I took break from work and spent time with my kids.
Work only 4 days a week
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TN24 July 2017
You only work 4 days a week, but the pay is not at good at all. The job itself is not hard. If you like having weekends off and don't have many bills this would be the ideal place to work.
Horrible job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI16 June 2017
Doesn't know how to treat employees. Pays nothing. Will find any reason to fire you. Doesn't care about your health at all. Management is rude to everyone
Cons
Aspen can be a very challenging place to work. Work is at a hectic pace and management provides little direction relative to its long term plans
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA21 April 2017
The major emphasis is to get the job done. There does not seem to be much emphasis on the process of creating consistent work products, but there is an expectation that work products need to be fixed.

As a positive, people work together well and are willing to collaborate. The people at Aspen are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
People, compensation
Cons
Lack of a focus on process
worst company to work for
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI2 April 2017
aspen technologies does not value there employees at all and they treat you bad for no reason and they expect you to be perfect. the pay is horrible. i worked there for 3 years and got only a $0.35 raise every year i was there and i am a great worker. this is the worst factory i have ever worked for and i have worked at a few factories. this place is a joke.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, very hot environment, air shouldn't be breathable
Would not recommend
Sr. Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 March 2017
Started as a great place to work many moons ago, but the culture took a turn for the worst many years ago. I'm sad to say that it has only gotten worse instead of improving.
Workday
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA14 March 2017
Current work day is reviewing deal models for sales, renewing support contracts on a worldwide basis. Daily routine is exciting and involves due diligence and a high ethical passion.
Do not even consider coming to this company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA21 February 2017
This company has too many family members: several marriages, cousin-nephew-uncle connections, father-son, etc. Ethics has been questioned since its early days.

This is a monopoly and the most important skill is the acquisition of small competitors. They discovered that, when too large, they almost collapsed. As such, no recommended for young engineers willing to make a great technical career.
Pros
You will learn to use the most widely used simulator
Cons
You will be tired after the first year with two and up to three releases every year.
The managment team stinks
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TN16 January 2017
The Favoritism in the factory is bad, if they don't like you, you know it. Co-workers there are the best. Their raises don't come until you've been there a year and it's a set amount for everyone.
Pros
Hardly any overtime, 3 day weekends
Cons
Short breaks, management lies, raises are yearly
Semi-young employee work culture
Engineer 1 for Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA10 January 2017
starting in the summer of 2012, the company had a new higher initiative to higher young recent graduates to help renew the employee culture workforce.
Pros
Young, Active work environment both in/outside of the office
Cons
Details are often communicated poorly between higher management and employees
enjoyable part of job
Winpcs system completion engineer (Current Employee) –  Singapore7 November 2016
working with different europeans and asian all together. very diverse , very hard working. I get to do my job as System completion Engineer. able to coordinate all task to all engineering department
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA2 November 2016
There is NO Job Work/Life Balance! As far as job culture, most stressful environment I ever worked in and the people are not appreciated. Many hard working co-workers.
Productive and non stop constantly challenging
Team Lead Accounts Payable and Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA27 September 2016
My career at Aspen Technology was a great experience, with learning things daily. As Team Lead of 6 accounts payable specialist, there were no dull moments. I really appreciated the fact that no 2 days were the same and my duties were multiple.
I seek a fast paced environment, with an opportunity to advance, if I choose to.
Pros
many benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Bad treatments
Sr. Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA6 September 2016
Bad relationships between management team and staffs. Also HR helps management team to fabricate evidence to fire staffs.

The company treats employees differently on the bases of race, gender and age.
Poor workplace safety and lwadership
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI29 July 2016
Aspen suffers from very poor workplace safety and employee oversight. Many were felons or had previous problems with the law and constantly drug addled/ drunk on the job. Management was extremely lacking in ability and care for workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Extremely rigid centralized company
Sales Account Executive to Saudi Aramco (Former Employee) –  Manama2 July 2016
High stress and little opportunity to demonstrate any entrepreneurial-ism. Lots of responsibility with no authority to make decisions.
Many staff are looking for alternative opportunities.
Technology that saves customers millions
TERRITORY MANAGER - EPC Market (Current Employee) –  Reading28 June 2016
I have been given additional responsibility to lead a Team of 2 Associates Sales representative.
Provide training sessions on Client Engagement & Technical Engineering Solutions
Customer Centric Selling coach and Aspen Capital Cost Estimator-101 Certified
Successfully Established Technical Engagement Program & Client Grading system for the Global Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9