Aspen Custom Trailers Employee Reviews

Interesting product, energetic and driven team!
Management (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB4 March 2019
Aspen is a great place to work if you have drive and energy! Many employees have worked at Aspen for 10+ years and have been promoted along the way. Our management team is approachable and experienced. If you're interested in heavy haul transportation, you can learn so much from our experienced team. If you're passionate about your career, check out our job postings.
Great Engineering Department
Junior Designer - Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 December 2018
- true classical design work for a mechanical engineer,
- Aspen is a leader in the industry, and many of it's innovations have driven the sector forward,
- because the manufacturing shop is right there you will see your design's come to fruition
- good combination of senior engineers with a wealth of experience and juniors with ambition and ideas
- fun and team-orientated work culture, good senses of humor
Pros
innovation is always encouraged, if you have new ideas you will be able to test them and see them built
Cons
you could make more money in the oil patch
Don’t let them use you
Apprentice Trailer mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB3 November 2018
Worked for this company loyaly for over 7 years learned many things from a lot of good people that’s about all I have to say that’s good about it though after over 7 years with them they blindsided me with termination papers less than two months after I had my first born saying I missed 3 days of work which was because my fiancé went into labour which I think is a reasonable reason to miss a few days but anyways no severance pay or termination notice they told me I’m gonna have to take them to the labour board to get anything before you think about a career in this place I’d look around at the many other options in the area that have decent managers and owners that actually have a care about your home life instead of just tossing you out the door like some dirty old that they used and are now done with STAY AWAY!!! This is coming from a long time employee that actually tried to make thing work with this company
Pros
There are some good people that work here
Cons
Owners don’t care management gets shuffled around like a checkers board
This company is garbage
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
By far the worst company. management is garbage. Very unprofessional and sneaky bosses you never know day to day if you will lose your job. Safety is a joke. None stop so called changes and by far the most backwards company No room for growth or raises lifers job
The staff is full of great people to work with
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 July 2018
I was given the opportunity to expand as an employee and a person through both internal and external training. There was a certain amount of autonomy that made the job exciting.
Very Interesting Product
Regional Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB15 October 2017
Aspen is a very interesting place to work as the product we build is highly engineered. Although trailer seem relatively simple, once you get into heavy haul things change quickly. We build anywhere from 35 ton equipment haulers all the way up to 250 ton mining trailer and 250 ton multi axle transporters.

I really enjoyed the relationship building I was able to do as a Customer Service Representative
Pros
Very compensation in the sales side
Cons
Change or position not requested
Dont stay long.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 July 2017
Advancement, wage increases, feeling like a valuable member of a team.
If these are things your looking for, don't waste your time. Aspen has to be one of the most top heavy companies I have ever seen. Owners strut through giving the shop floor the air of pre ww1 Russia. With serfs being blessed by the passing czar. Have self respect as a tradesperson and keep looking
Pros
It a job
Cons
Evertthing else
Experienced the manufacturing culture, great growth.
Accounting Manager/Controller (Former Employee) –  Leduc, Alberta20 April 2017
Working at Aspen Custom Trailers during a period of high growth allowed me to contribute to the organization. I had manufacturing experience that fitted this position very well.
Like a mcDonalds, great place to start but no security for staying there !!
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 November 2016
everyone (mostly) in the Leduc office is very good to work alongside or for. The head office, the brother and sister are very un-professional and dis-liked by everyone that I talked with.
Pros
great people to work along side with, very friendly for the most part
Cons
not a very well run company, you never know the goings on from one day to the next, very shaddy managemet
Good company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 October 2016
Was able to work well with my co workers and learned a lot about welding from the people there.
The management was great and made for a good working environment.
dead end
laborer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 June 2016
Micro - manage employees to death , backstabbing , immature managers , supervisors ? Safety is a joke. VERY BAD PAY SCALE . Staff parking is unsafe in winter.
Pros
no fridge in lunch room !
Cons
No future
This workplace is horrible contains extreme inequality and management are children.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
This place really is no good. I first started and tried to put in so much effort as much as I humanly could. It looks and feels like a real shop atmosphere but under the hood is nothing but a nest for negativity and discontent. They expect the world and miles more out of every employee for every minute of every day and in return pay far below industry standard wages, make empty promises, and effectively break down a persons morale and soul until they just become another number added to the high turnover statistic. This place is fine if you can keep your head down, bite your tounge, and shuffle along like another broken spirit. If you have any form of ambition, personal drive, great work ethic, or any positive quality a reasonable employer looks for, you would probably have a more fruitful attempt towards a career at your local mcdonalds. Even on payday heads are hung low with dread. Usually payday is a happy day but in this company it is a cold reminder of the fairy tale that is this company.
Pros
No hard hats.
Cons
No hard hats.
decent place to work
welder (Former Employee) –  leduc alberta19 October 2015
clean decent place to work
They never give out raises
clean material
inside work always
decent machines
decent people
learned quiet a bit from certain people
lunch room could have had fridges or something to keep lunch cold durning hot days
Bad management
welder (Former Employee) –  leduc16 July 2015
Poor management. over 18 employees were fired in 6 months. they keep hiring and firing they even don't have HR department. I am pretty sure its better to work for Timmy
Pros
non
Cons
non
Stay away
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  leduc15 July 2015
STAY AWAY .No job security terrible pay, bad management and supervisors .seniority over qualification . team leaders with no high school

9 months with no coverall!!
Started my apprenticeship with this company.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  nisku ab21 April 2015
Aspen was a great place to work that taught me new skills and how to be a team player. After 6 months the manager left the shop and it went downhill. But overall i am very glad i got indentured in heavy duty mechanics.
Good and Bad
Shop/Office (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB13 February 2015
Generally it's any easy going place to work.

The pay structure isn't great. There is some definite biases as to who is paid more.

People are resistant to change.

You are always questioning your job security. Tons of layoffs recently after being told not to expect layoffs in an announcement by management.
Pros
Approachable coworkers and management
Cons
Job Security
Good envoirnment for working and excellent management.
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB5 February 2015
8-4:30 type job.

Heavy_haul Industry trailers' design and manufacturing.

Co-wokers are helpful.