Aspen Custom Trailers

Aspen Custom Trailers Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
I thought I would retire here
I worked with company in Surrey BC for 10 years ( 1990 -2000) and I loved it . Yes it was fast pace but I enjoyed it . Very organized then . Built many different trailers like the 80 foot self steering dolly trailer , 300 ton mining trailer , Glass trailers ,scissor neck trailers and hydrolic Goose neck trailers
Avoid Sickness and Safety Concerns
I have a lot I could say but I'll keep it short.

Lots of damaged equipment that makes me feel unsafe and could cause death, mostly damaged pallet racking.

Constantly feeling anxious about even showing up, and i'm the only one.

If you like stressful environments this is the job for you.
Decent place to work
Challenging culture at times. An older company reinventing itself under the next generation of ownership. Definitely good at what they do. Rich heritage.
excellent company
aspen is a company worth staying at. you will learn lots of wonderful things from the company and from the people surrounding you. pay is fair. management is ok. lots of opportunities and advancements. they provide training and seminars to employees. Supervisors and managers are all supportive. Excellent place to stay. Highly recommended!
Pros
friendly atmosphere. equal and fair treatment. benefits are excellent
Cons
Place sucks poor pay poor mgt unskilled workers
Place scks poor pay poor mgt unskilled unqualified workers a shop full of politics and headaches ...shat runs downhill faster than lightning...filled with the leftovers from other better shops
good
good place to work good people defintiely recommended the pay isnt bad and the bosses are relaxed, good place to learn to fit and lots of good people to learn from
good co workers half decent bosses
signed on as a first year HET and am being treated more like a labourer as mechanical work as side work. I do not feel like I'm being treated properly
Productive and fun work place
The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I am appreciated for the work I do. I have had the opportunity to learn electronics. A typical work day is busy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aspen Custom Trailers?
Cool product, interesting work, good people
Very cool product that is continually changing. As a result, you have interesting and rewarding work, along with opportunities to grow and specialize as a professional. If you are a Mechanical Engineer, you are going to have a hard time finding another job like this one in Edmonton.

Compensation and benefits are reasonable, but nothing 'lavish' here. Management seems to recognize people who have the right attitude.
awesome place to work
great people to work and the shop is organized, tidy and clean, job security, great management, the drawing or the blueprint is detailed quality of work is awesome,concern always in safety.
Interesting product, energetic and driven team!
Aspen is a great place to work if you have drive and energy! Many employees have worked at Aspen for 10+ years and have been promoted along the way. Our management team is approachable and experienced. If you're interested in heavy haul transportation, you can learn so much from our experienced team. If you're passionate about your career, check out our job postings.
Great Engineering Department
- true classical design work for a mechanical engineer,
- Aspen is a leader in the industry, and many of it's innovations have driven the sector forward,

- because the manufacturing shop is right there you will see your design's come to fruition

- good combination of senior engineers with a wealth of experience and juniors with ambition and ideas

- fun and team-orientated work culture, good senses of humor
Pros
innovation is always encouraged, if you have new ideas you will be able to test them and see them built
Cons
you could make more money in the oil patch
dont stay long
managment has little regard for the floor staff, bad morale, bad work culture. lower than average wages to support lavish wages and entitlements of management and owners. your just a number, if your really hurting for work go there. but keep looking.
Pros
steady work
Cons
everything else
Don’t let them use you
Worked for this company loyaly for over 7 years learned many things from a lot of good people that’s about all I have to say that’s good about it though after over 7 years with them they blindsided me with termination papers less than two months after I had my first born saying I missed 3 days of work which was because my fiancé went into labour which I think is a reasonable reason to miss a few days but anyways no severance pay or termination notice they told me I’m gonna have to take them to the labour board to get anything before you think about a career in this place I’d look around at the many other options in the area that have decent managers and owners that actually have a care about your home life instead of just tossing you out the door like some dirty old that they used and are now done with STAY AWAY!!! This is coming from a long time employee that actually tried to make thing work with this company
Pros
There are some good people that work here
Cons
Owners don’t care management gets shuffled around like a checkers board
This company is garbage
By far the worst company. management is garbage. Very unprofessional and sneaky bosses you never know day to day if you will lose your job. Safety is a joke. None stop so called changes and by far the most backwards company No room for growth or raises lifers job
The staff is full of great people to work with
I was given the opportunity to expand as an employee and a person through both internal and external training. There was a certain amount of autonomy that made the job exciting.
Very Interesting Product
Aspen is a very interesting place to work as the product we build is highly engineered. Although trailer seem relatively simple, once you get into heavy haul things change quickly. We build anywhere from 35 ton equipment haulers all the way up to 250 ton mining trailer and 250 ton multi axle transporters.

I really enjoyed the relationship building I was able to do as a Customer Service Representative
Pros
Very compensation in the sales side
Cons
Change or position not requested
Dont stay long.
Advancement, wage increases, feeling like a valuable member of a team.
If these are things your looking for, don't waste your time. Aspen has to be one of the most top heavy companies I have ever seen. Owners strut through giving the shop floor the air of pre ww1 Russia. With serfs being blessed by the passing czar. Have self respect as a tradesperson and keep looking
Pros
It a job
Cons
Evertthing else
Experienced the manufacturing culture, great growth.
Working at Aspen Custom Trailers during a period of high growth allowed me to contribute to the organization. I had manufacturing experience that fitted this position very well.
Like a mcDonalds, great place to start but no security for staying there !!
everyone (mostly) in the Leduc office is very good to work alongside or for. The head office, the brother and sister are very un-professional and dis-liked by everyone that I talked with.
Pros
great people to work along side with, very friendly for the most part
Cons
not a very well run company, you never know the goings on from one day to the next, very shaddy managemet
Good company
Was able to work well with my co workers and learned a lot about welding from the people there.
The management was great and made for a good working environment.