Askew's Foods

Askew's Foods Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
This is a very comfortable and friendly place to work. Management is very thoughtful and understanding when it comes to scheduling. Hard work is always acknowledged and commonly rewarded.
The first week I got back to back 9 hour shifts because another worker just didnt want to work. Not so great on the back and didnt get training in the front so I had no idea what I was doing.
Pros
None.
Cons
To much gossips. And favoritism.
Decent job, staff and managers were nice, you get a hour long lunch, good place for a student to work, the hours were usually pretty good, sometimes you have to work more than 5 days in a row.
Actually working at askew's was good, the other coworkers and working with the public.
Management made it very difficult and gave the feeling of not wanting to be there more often than not unfortunately.
I learned to stock shelves and got discounts on all of the good food in this amazing store with a wonderful bakery, meats section, secection of healthy food and wellness/pharmacy section.
this was my first official job and honestly I would have stayed and been just as happy. the management really seemed to care about their staff. I always felt supported to excel and safe from rude or threatening customers. the only down side was that it was hard to advance. you basically started and stayed in the same job.
its not a bad to place to work for a young person as it can be done while attending high school but its not the best for a long time place to work, but I would also recommend it
This was one of the best jobs i have done and also one of the best companies i have ever worked for. I would return in a heartbeat if i ever had the chance to do so.
Pros
hour long lunches, balanced schedule
Cons
no cons
Very close knit team structure, family orientated business, local. Flexible hours provided, friendly management, direct deposit, many free things provided.
Pros
Free food
The deli was kind of not a great place to work, lots of horrible customers, was easy work though and I didn't have a hard time keeping busy, not very esteemed or rewarding position
Good small town company - local - busy - friendly environment - knew majority of staff and customers - excellent product - excellent customer support - staff support-
I loved my time at Askews Foods, it is a positive and healthy work space, the management is great and so kind, and very accepting. The store is a great size, and very familiar with good prices, and friendly customers.
Pros
Free coffee and tea!
Excellent part time flexible work while in school. Great atmosphere and co-workers. Opportunity to increase your productivity and initiative, and build self confidence.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetition
Though the job can be challenging and there are some small issues between hours given and raises, there is a cosy feeling to the job making it is a pleasure to work in this store.
Pros
Unpaid hour-long lunch