Asics

Asics Employee Reviews

Great work environment, minus management

Typical day begins straight onto the floor working directly with customers, addressing questions about company products. Other questions related to physical health and how it applied to company products and the brand. I learned to engage with customers in a quick, timely manner, while collaborating with co-workers. Workplace culture of 'team-first' sometimes broke down as management (at times) made scheduling complicated and difficult for employees. The most enjoyable part was working with other part-timers who stick together and collaborate.

Pros

Co-workers

Not enjoyable

Not so great management. No professionalism. HR department isn't very helpful seeing as the managers are gossipy and secretive with issues that need to be addressed by HR. Your work is not valued here Very disappointed with the experience I've had, and I am not the only one.

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

Great company.

Great culture. Company is growing in a tough retail climate. Great product and dedicated customer base. One on one selling and recommending without the worry of comission.

This experience was a mess.

Overall, my experience working for this particular ASICS store, at CrossIron Mills, was awful. I understand how cutthroat the retail industry is, but they hired too much staff for the smallest unit. This store was big enough for at the very most 3 staff members on floor at the same time. Having a store manager, assistant manager and 3 key holders was very unnecessary, and there was no point in hiring regular team players (sales associates) since all the hours would go to management and the key holders anyways. There were times where both management, a key holder, and one sales associate were working at the same time on a slow day and yet all the manager and assistant manager would do is talk and get mad at staff when it was busy and not everyone could be helped at the same time. I get it, the less sales you make means the less you are scheduled. What I didn’t understand was how were you going to make any sales if you couldn’t get scheduled at all? something else that didn’t make sense was that the store manager mentioned having to cut hours and fired some staff, but then also hired new staff at the same time. He failed to recognize that the store was so small the customer was getting greeted with the same speech every few steps from all 4/5 staff members on shift. I refused to ruin a customers experience by suffocating them and repeating the same promo and greeting that someone had just told them 3,6, and 9 steps prior to reaching me. Regardless of whether I did or did not approach the customers, everyone else had already approached the customer prior and the manager was not -

Pros

Great employee discounts for friends and family

Cons

No hours, Stealing sales, a workplace where you have to suffocate your customers

Not a good place to work or grow

A typical shift would be helping and engaging customers who came to the store and providing product knowledge.. When people even came in. Management at the store-level was poor and did not bother to excel skills of the staff, especially in down time. Leadership was poor and they only cared for themselves, and didn't inspire staff to be passionate about the company. They don't value their own staff. Even though one of the company pillars is "Teamwork", it was not team-oriented at all. I did not learn much because overall training was poor, yet the expectation was that we should know about the products. Would not recommend working here on a part-time basis.

Cons

not enough hours, uninspiring, poor management

Bon environement de travail

Préparation des commandes et taches connexes avec un pistolet scanneur, travail intéressant et varié.

Pros

Ambiance général très bonne, travail interressant et prenant

Cons

manque parfois de reconnaissance

Disrespectful work ethics

Working here gave me a terrible impression of having a job. The manager never bothered to work around or at least respect her employees' needs, and she favoured some employees over others for their personal connections. Their violation of some rules and unreasonable request made by the manager made this place painful to work in.

Great

good pay for a part time student, excellent people and good working environment. Loved the company and the discounts included. Would love to work there again if i could.

ASICS good but just slightly off great

ASICS has a great product, great offices and some great people working in the European head office. It's a good company but needs slightly more to become a great one. Advancement, management style and systems are all lacking in such a big brand and a major global office.

l'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste

J'ai adoré trouver l'équilibre santé-travail, courir les midis et discuter de sport avec des clients passionnés.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement