Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group

Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group Employee Reviews

The workplace is full of challenges but the best part is it is very rewarding. Work-life balance. One can grow fast if apply himself/herself properly.

Pros

Commission & Bonus

Cons

Store Manager/Guest Care

Horrible place to work at overworked underpaid but management gets all kinds of money your just a number there no trust within the business

Backstabbing not valued as an employee not paid fairly staff is consistently talking behind your back management just wants to make money they don’t care about you at all

Dont work here

I worked here for almost 3 years. Don't worst place to work, would not recommend. This work place is filled with drama, no one does their work ever...

Pros

Cons

Drama

Good co-workers and understanding management

Most enjoyable part is talking to people. Hardest part is following customers around to try to make a sale and meeting weekly targets. Micro managed by superiors but they say they're just trying to help you improve on your sales and closing skills.

High pressured sales

High pressure to meet target. You must fire and write up sales associates if they don’t meet targets. There was a ton of drama at this location. It’s not for everyone. I went thru probably 20 sales people in 6 months

Pros

Relaxed when not selling

Cons

Pay for coffee, drama, favouritism

Awful

Awful manager. Never get your raises when promised. Have to fight to get your benefits card. And even if you give them extra work and time they screw you in the end. Management is the absolute worst..

Pros

Some co-workers

Cons

Management pay never a 4 day work week

A brand/company run by incompetent executives

Incompetent and insecure executives running the company and making their paycheque and bonuses while the ground staff is doing all the leg work to keep the company afloat. Cannot trust the executive team as they keep changing the goal posts every 3-4 months. No consistency in programs, processes and direction. Sales leadership/teams are treated unfairly and micromanaged. No work life balance at all.

Pros

Cons

Don’t waste your time with this company

Do not work for this company

After the Covid layoff the sales staff came back to a huge pay cut to minimum wage with the possibility of a very small bonus if you sell enough. They increased all the prices on their furniture charging more for their product than the competitors that sell it as well. Plus you will be competing for sales with their online sales team. They also cut the hours of the admin staff/support. Weekends are typically busy selling times so they have no admin staff on until 1:00. If you need help the managers are busy selling, answering the phones, or dealing with customers picking up product. You will be expected to watch the door for incoming customers, sell, enter the orders, take the payments, make prospecting customer calls, clean and sanitize the store everyday. They will deducted 30 minutes per day from your hours for a lunch break you rarely have time to take.

Pros

sales staff and store management are ok for the most part

Cons

bad corporate culture, low pay with very high work expectations.

Professional but competitive

Atmosphere at Ashley Homestore is very good. The environment is neat and clean. All the team members are professional and each section has been assigned a specific job relating to that particular section. The work is very fast paced and stressful but the salaries are very competitive.

Stable for Students

Minimum wage job, staff is friendly. Be prepared to stay overtime whilst for a deal to be closed especially during weekends. It has fast paced and slow paced days. Stable job for students.

Jobs at Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group

See more jobs

Frustrating and unrewarding experience.

I like that I get a full days work here so time goes by quickly. I enjoy assembling new furniture, pricing and fixing clearance items, learning storis, and working with other warehouse employees. The problem is that for all the work I do it mostly goes unnoticed and due to problems elsewhere in the company, more and more work is thrown at our team so I always feel like we're falling behind despite missing breaks and working overtime. Due to the high turnover rate it's difficult to make good friends within the company, we've gone through several managers and countless sales staff in the year and a bit that I've worked here. Our team consistently scores high on our VPS and we do exceptionally well on our inventory yet there's been no discussion of raises. I actually had someone say they're surprised to see I was still working here since so many others have quit this position at the other stores.

Good Place to work

Good place to work. Located in busy shopping mall with lots of traffic. Weekends and evenings shifts available. Potential to earn 6 figure income annually.

Can earn a lot if you are the right fit.

I learned a lot here, very competitive atmosphere. How much you earn is based on sales volume, with great incentives for additional sales in financing, extended warranties, etc

90 Day Employees

I've seen so many people fired from this job for no apparent reason. You could walk in with 20 years experience, be the best driver in the building, have all the praise and support from your colleagues. But you be canned before your probation is over, sometimes days before your benefits kick in. And their wage is pathetic compared to the competition. If you can lift an average of 200 lbs and want to assemble furniture for pretentious people for $20/hr., be my guest.

Pros

People at the bottom of the pyramid are great to work with

Cons

Management doesn't care about you, low wage

Literally work anywhere else

This place sucks, management sucks, pay sucks, work load sucks, only thing decent about this place would be the people who work there, their all very kind and make you feel comfortable. Management will stand on your throat if you're unable to sell, even if you've been for for a week. Constant meetings, will make you work over 10 hours and if you go out back to have food... dont even bother. They'll come looking for you. RUN.

A Great Place to Work

Overall, I love working for Ashley Homestore. I find the hours are reasonable, the customers are great and the possibilities to earn more than minimum wage are great. However, I would only recommend this job to anyone looking for full-time work. A part-time job here is not worth the time. The job can be very demanding and needs the hours put into it in order to be successful and earn extra money. Gossip can also be an issue, depending on who you work with, ESPECIALLY in the dead months. Overall, if you're looking for a relaxed job, you enjoy talking to customers and want a chance to earn extra commission. Ashley HomeStore is the place for you.

Pros

Chance to make over minimum wage, relaxed, constantly talking with the public

Cons

Gossip, very slow periods, not good for part-time only

Jobs

The Ashley environment too friendly. Every day we do job to gether as team work . We share experience with each other. We do repire and inspection jobs in shop and customers houses.

Its a joke!

If you are thinking to work here, stop and read this. If you think you have bad time in life and you seriously need to do something, go for it untill you find something better. It's the worst store to work for. The management is dumb, asks sales reps to post good reviews on Google for the store. They can go any level to hit their target, BUT you won't get anything iifthey achieve the target.theybho . the wages are so less and competent that you will barely survive. It's kind of authoritarian management. they will ask you to walk all across the store even if the front door is working. the system here is if you don't make commission once and make second time they will take the previous month's commission . If you want to inquire about your salary statement or anything, managers have no clue , they guide you to another sales rep. it's like as you have joined you owe company some money. one manager thought he was some celeb and acts like he is in some kind of movie Other basically does nothing and sits . there also a selling sales manager who makes all fishy numbers. The selling sales manager does awesome sales even when there is no one in the store . The heights is they charge 2.50$. in each paycheck for coffee , but but the coffee machine is mostly broken. the favoritism is at such level that if you are not the favorite, you don't even exist. Managers are mostly busy in gossiping and flirting with one of the admin lady. They don't like to move or see , closing a sale takes more time actually choosing the product. Everyone has their own attitude and ego. the only good thing -

collaborative work environment

This is a good place to n work at. The supervisors and managers are approachable and address the issues on hand right away. Employees are also collaborative and friendly.

Most corrupt management at Scarborough

In-store Rudeness, bullies, favouritism and cheapness, are just a few of the many qualities of their culture. They are very fake, ask sales associates for fake five-star review on Google. Store management misleading Upper management. HR is very inactive. Managers think they are important and try people in an arrogant way. they give discounts to help their favourite associates only to help them sell, if you're not on that favourite list, you are selling at a full price almost always. When they do give you a discount, they make it look like they save you from hunger, and the company lost so much money to help you out. Managers have zero product & management skills. They speak back home language, make fun of coworkers. So embarrassing. Don't know how /why higher management chooses these below standard people as a manager. That's why talents leaving. Beware, the manager is a total creep. He is trolling for girlfriends and not real employees. Dates numerous women at the 3 different locations.dates inside of the store; awful even though he is married & has kids. Be prepared to be harassed if you apply. It's very frustrating when you see a characterless person as a leader.

Enjoyed My Time There

Really enjoyed my time there and working with my co-workers. Had fun selling furniture and mattresses to my customers as well as keeping up to date with the latest trends and designs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement