Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group

Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group Employee Reviews

Canada126 reviews
The Ashley environment too friendly. Every day we do job to gether as team work . We share experience with each other.
We do repire and inspection jobs in shop and customers houses.
After the Covid layoff the sales staff came back to a huge pay cut to minimum wage with the possibility of a very small bonus if you sell enough. They increased all the prices on their furniture charging more for their product than the competitors that sell it as well. Plus you will be competing for sales with their online sales team. They also cut the hours of the admin staff/support. Weekends are typically busy selling times so they have no admin staff on until 1:00. If you need help the managers are busy selling, answering the phones, or dealing with customers picking up product. You will be expected to watch the door for incoming customers, sell, enter the orders, take the payments, make prospecting customer calls, clean and sanitize the store everyday. They will deducted 30 minutes per day from your hours for a lunch break you rarely have time to take.
Pros
sales staff and store management are ok for the most part
Cons
bad corporate culture, low pay with very high work expectations.
I like that I get a full days work here so time goes by quickly. I enjoy assembling new furniture, pricing and fixing clearance items, learning storis, and working with other warehouse employees. The problem is that for all the work I do it mostly goes unnoticed and due to problems elsewhere in the company, more and more work is thrown at our team so I always feel like we're falling behind despite missing breaks and working overtime. Due to the high turnover rate it's difficult to make good friends within the company, we've gone through several managers and countless sales staff in the year and a bit that I've worked here. Our team consistently scores high on our VPS and we do exceptionally well on our inventory yet there's been no discussion of raises. I actually had someone say they're surprised to see I was still working here since so many others have quit this position at the other stores.
I've seen so many people fired from this job for no apparent reason. You could walk in with 20 years experience, be the best driver in the building, have all the praise and support from your colleagues. But you be canned before your probation is over, sometimes days before your benefits kick in. And their wage is pathetic compared to the competition. If you can lift an average of 200 lbs and want to assemble furniture for pretentious people for $20/hr., be my guest.
Pros
People at the bottom of the pyramid are great to work with
Cons
Management doesn't care about you, low wage
This place sucks, management sucks, pay sucks, work load sucks, only thing decent about this place would be the people who work there, their all very kind and make you feel comfortable. Management will stand on your throat if you're unable to sell, even if you've been for for a week. Constant meetings, will make you work over 10 hours and if you go out back to have food... dont even bother. They'll come looking for you. RUN.
If you are thinking to work here, stop and read this. If you think you have bad time in life and you seriously need to do something, go for it untill you find something better.
It's the worst store to work for. The management is dumb, asks sales reps to post good reviews on Google for the store. They can go any level to hit their target, BUT you won't get anything iifthey achieve the target.theybho . the wages are so less and competent that you will barely survive. It's kind of authoritarian management. they will ask you to walk all across the store even if the front door is working. the system here is if you don't make commission once and make second time they will take the previous month's commission . If you want to inquire about your salary statement or anything, managers have no clue , they guide you to another sales rep. it's like as you have joined you owe company some money. one manager thought he was some celeb and acts like he is in some kind of movie Other basically does nothing and sits . there also a selling sales manager who makes all fishy numbers. The selling sales manager does awesome sales even when there is no one in the store . The heights is they charge 2.50$. in each paycheck for coffee , but but the coffee machine is mostly broken.

the favoritism is at such level that if you are not the favorite, you don't even exist. Managers are mostly busy in gossiping and flirting with one of the admin lady. They don't like to move or see , closing a sale takes more time actually choosing the product. Everyone has their own attitude and ego. the only good thing
 - more...
In-store Rudeness, bullies, favouritism and cheapness, are just a few of the many qualities of their culture. They are very fake, ask sales associates for fake five-star review on Google. Store management misleading Upper management. HR is very inactive.

Managers think they are important and try people in an arrogant way. they give discounts to help their favourite associates only to help them sell, if you're not on that favourite list, you are selling at a full price almost always. When they do give you a discount, they make it look like they save you from hunger, and the company lost so much money to help you out.

Managers have zero product & management skills. They speak back home language, make fun of coworkers. So embarrassing. Don't know how /why higher management chooses these below standard people as a manager. That's why talents leaving.

Beware, the manager is a total creep. He is trolling for girlfriends and not real employees. Dates numerous women at the 3 different locations.dates inside of the store; awful even though he is married & has kids. Be prepared to be harassed if you apply. It's very frustrating when you see a characterless person as a leader.
A very challenging, fast paced environment. Inter-departmental challenges for achieving success and building stronger team performances gives the company an edge for future growth. Expansion and growth provides more opportunities for employment and/or promotion.
The brand offers a different and high end retail product which is cost effective and accommodates all styles of life.
Overall amazing place to work!!! The staff and management are supportive and make you feel like you're at home. I wish I had never left! The training was also awesome, and got me out of my comfort zone!!
Pros
Cons
Work all weekend.
I'm currently employed with Ashley Homestore, also known as The Dufresne Group, for about a year now. My current position with the company is Delivery Driver / Swamper and it entails a lot of heavy lifting and customer service. Throughout my employment with the company I've learned when faced with challenges, depending on the circumstances, you have to be able to find solutions on your own.
I had a very good experience as Ashley's sales associate. The only issue was the lack of buying customers. Management and co-workers were a delight. Management was flexible and always available to help close a sale. A very good experience!
likely the worst job I ever had. No training, no support and terrible management. Started off great, but with no store manager in place, no senior manager early on and a mess left by previous manager, the chance for success were slim to none. Work life balance is non existent, I’d start early and leave late most days and still not get everything done! And at several times, you were asked to stop what you were doing so you could rush and do something else ASAP and upload pictures. It’s furniture! To me, there doesn’t need to be the added stress and tasks that are meaningless. My first encounter with someone at head office was less than friendly! I was sent a nasty email and within a few minutes, a follow up phone call. Not once was I welcomed to the company, only just grilled on something I didn’t even do! She was rude and I was firm right back. Come to find out later that I was coined as “rude”. But I refused to be disrespected which I guess is wrong. My frequent requests for help came unanswered and once I had a senior manager, the response was “don’t worry, we’ll help you get thru it”. Which never happened. Questions I asked, I never got a concise or proper answer, always found out once it was too late. Certainly not a leader in my opinion! Nothing was done to help and I was left to feel like I didn’t matter to the company. Sad really. If you choose to work here, I wish you the best of luck. Worked with some nice people in store, but that was about it.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Mostly everything
Those I work with are among the best I've ever had. While it does vary from store to store - the overall cheerfulness in my location is amazing. I love to come and put a smile on everyone's face. When my own isn't there, everyone is quick to notice and find out how to help.
Pros
great people, customers are also lovely, regular breaks, awesome employee discount and perks
Cons
not enough work hours
Poor management that is about who you know and not what you know.
Management doesn't really help with too many things...if you have an customer going crazy on you they won't care because the person could have spent a few thousand on items.....issue with a co workers tough cookie even if they lie on you.....horid communication between management for things required of you to do always changes adding on extra here and there with expectations of you to just know.....no room for improvement where ever you land your stuck with pretty much so don't aim too high if your not near a warehouse.....
Pros
It's money
Cons
No guarantee on full time
Been with the co. For 3 years, since then 3 managers have been switched. The only good thing about the company is that half the non-agency guys are good to work with. Just know that this company has more cons then pros if your seeking job security
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Poorly managed, and bad rates
The sales training at this workplace was phenomenal. Working with the staff here allowed me to use the skills I had, and to develop some new sales skills.
This company doesn’t care about their employees, nor do they allow any work, life, balance.
They lead by fear and love to remind everyone that they are replaceable.

There are some amazing people who work here, however the current leadership doesn’t believe in what they actually preach. Their turn over rate is unbelievable and truly speaks to their poor culture.

There are a lot of other amazing organizations, do your research before applying here and find a company that is in line with your values and beliefs.
Pros
Good money
Cons
They don’t care about their people, high turnover, no consistency or support from senior leadership team
Working at Ashley HomeStore has been a great opportunity for me.

I've learned a lot about how to manage a team and have had the opportunity to learn, grow, and make mistakes along the way. Their senior support staff are very good at making sure you are comfortable in the role.

The workplace culture is good and I believe I am compensated fairly for my efforts. The work can be tough at times but the people and atmosphere are a good counterbalance.

Overall I'd recommend working at Ashley.
Pros
Good people. Compensation structure. Career advancement oppourtunaties.
Cons
Standard benefits plan and vacation days.
they gave me a minimum wage plus commission. but every week your commission did not add up to the wage they gave you, you went into the negative meaning that you would need to get out of the hole first before you saw a dime of commission.
I've learnt how to talk with guests, close sales, negotiate deals, and develop a high performing team. I have done this while having a lot of fun! Great place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, good salary, fun environment
Official response from Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group
29 April 2019
Hello valued TDG team member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company!

Providing our team members with the education and training they need to succeed is not only crucial to our success, but something we take great pride in here at Ashley HomeStore.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed learning the various skills of your profession as a part of our team in Regina, and are excited at the idea of you passing those skills on to new team members in your management position!

We look forward to celebrating many successes with you in the future!

Have a great day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley HomeStore Canada - The Dufresne Group. Our community is ready to answer.