Ashley Homestore Canada - The Dufresne Group Employee Reviews

Horribly Managed Company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 June 2019
Been with the co. For 3 years, since then 3 managers have been switched. The only good thing about the company is that half the non-agency guys are good to work with. Just know that this company has more cons then pros if your seeking job security
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Poorly managed, and bad rates
Do your research before applying
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta28 May 2019
This company doesn’t care about their employees, nor do they allow any work, life, balance.
They lead by fear and love to remind everyone that they are replaceable.
There are some amazing people who work here, however the current leadership doesn’t believe in what they actually preach. Their turn over rate is unbelievable and truly speaks to their poor culture.

There are a lot of other amazing organizations, do your research before applying here and find a company that is in line with your values and beliefs.
Pros
Good money
Cons
They don’t care about their people, high turnover, no consistency or support from senior leadership team
Great company to work for.
Managment (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2019
Working at Ashley HomeStore has been a great opportunity for me.

I've learned a lot about how to manage a team and have had the opportunity to learn, grow, and make mistakes along the way. Their senior support staff are very good at making sure you are comfortable in the role.

The workplace culture is good and I believe I am compensated fairly for my efforts. The work can be tough at times but the people and atmosphere are a good counterbalance.

Overall I'd recommend working at Ashley.
Pros
Good people. Compensation structure. Career advancement oppourtunaties.
Cons
Standard benefits plan and vacation days.
it was an ok starter job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 April 2019
they gave me a minimum wage plus commission. but every week your commission did not add up to the wage they gave you, you went into the negative meaning that you would need to get out of the hole first before you saw a dime of commission.
Fun, rewarding place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2019
I've learnt how to talk with guests, close sales, negotiate deals, and develop a high performing team. I have done this while having a lot of fun! Great place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, good salary, fun environment
29 April 2019

Hello valued TDG team member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company!

Providing our team members with the education and training they need to succeed is not only crucial to our success, but something we take great pride in here at Ashley HomeStore.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed learning the various skills of your profession as a part of our team in Regina, and are excited at the idea of you passing those skills on to new team members in your management position!

We look forward to celebrating many successes with you in the future!

Have a great day.

Poor management, structural problems
porter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 April 2019
the management was poor, especially when it came to employee safety. in the warehouse, the shelving units look like they could collapse at any minute, the harnesses they use are damaged and its just not a safe place to work.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
warehouse is a structural failure waiting to happen
30 April 2019

Hello former TDG team member,

We are disappointed to read your review of our company.

At Ashley HomeStore the safety of our team members is top priority. Across Canada we are proud to adhere to all National Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, insuring that our team members are provided with the equipment, as well as the training and support required to do their jobs safely and effectively. We do not take comments of this nature lightly.

We reached out to our Human Resources team, as well as our team in Regina to confirm the operational status of the equipment and facilities in our Regina location. We also recorded no documented reports of damage to our facilities or equipment in the warehouse. We encourage our team members to report any instances of concern regarding the condition their equipment or facilities to their supervisor so that they may be remedied.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We wish you all the best in your new role.

Terrible management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 April 2019
You will only ever be a number with this company. They will cut your hours or position regardless of how long you’ve been there. No respect. Not worth the wage. Major harassment issues that don’t get dealt with or get shoved under the rug by internal HR department. Would highly recommend working absolutely anywhere else.
Pros
Co-workers can be decent
Cons
Management. Wage. Hours.
30 April 2019

Hello former TDG team member,

We are disappointed to read your review of our company.

At Ashley HomeStore we pride ourselves in providing an inclusive and relaxed work environment, with superior training and support provided by out managerial staff as well as by our team leaders.

We take issues of harassment very seriously. Once reported, our Human Resources team goes through a thorough and well documented process to bring about a resolution between the parties involved. The health of our teams is incredibly important to the overall success of our organization. This is why we provide the supports and resources needed to undergo successful conflict management and resolve any potential disconnects within our teams.

Hours and position of a team member are determined during the initial hiring process. If a candidate is applying for a position offering less than full-time employment, hours and availability for the new team member are determined on the outset so that their needs can be met. Any issues related to a team member’s conditions of employment should be discussed with their Human Resources Business Partner.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Good company to work for
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2019
It is great to meet new people everyday and help them dress up their house.

Good working atmosphere with flexible schedule.

Management is friendly and supportive.

Hello TDG team member!

Thank you for your review of our company. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying being a part of our team at Ashley HomeStore!

We too like “dressing up” peoples homes, and pride ourselves in providing our high quality Ashley Furniture products at the best possible prices for our guests and their families.

Thank you for your continued work as we strive to be the best home furnishings company in Canada!

Have a nice day.

Place run like Kingdom
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2019
What a horrible place to work. Management? Well there is none the 2 degenerates that run the place should not! They are not management material. I would never recommend this place to anyway with a real brain.
lets talk policy shall we? ok so when you get harassed at work, and you put in a claim, you expect things to change right? NOPE WRONG SORRY they didn't care for any of their staff concern the only thing they cared about is their business ..... You are not allowed to speak. Either you will get fired or manager will not close your deal.
Manager consisted on a moron that sat a computer all day... flirting with front desk girls & hide outside to drop them home after work.

The management, has a excellent knowledge close the deal . However, when it comes to being a manager all skills fail. There is no leadership, no self-motivation, and also personal lives that come into the store and reflect there job performance...
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB8 April 2019
I was a delivery driver as Ashley's. I got told that I was going to get minimum 35 hours a week, but got closer to 25. While on shift we always got b****ed at to work faster. We NEVER GOT BREAKS because "your break is driving around from place to place". Driving a 5-ton is not a break, driving a Mercedes is a break.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, no breaks
poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2019
It started off nice, but changed, the pay is not competitive, the work environment is quite toxic and the work/life balance is pretty laughable. There are good parts; some of the people are great and there is always enough varied work to not get bored. However, expectations are very high for support given. no appreciation to employees they only care themselves specially the big bosses.they give big salary to useless people who doesn't know what they're doing but they still keep them in the company. policy is useless. a lot backstabber employee. when they're in front of you they'll say nicest word about you but when you're not around they backstab you.
Pros
great people
Cons
does not pay competitively, very poor management
Poor management support with limited training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2019
You're on your own here, they support you when you're selling, but when there's a tough week, the pressure is on. If you're a top seller, they are all smiles and support, once you dip a bit, you're left to the dogs. Totally results oriented, tough competitive atmosphere. People treat you like a car salesman. You need to be a shark to survive in this environment. If you're a good guy, you'll get walked on. Lots of bickering, talking behind backs, and manipulation of staff. Stressful place.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Poor support systems and training.

Hello former TDG team member,

Thank you very much for your review of our company.

At Ashley HomeStore we pride ourselves in the support we provide to our sales teams. This is why we offer an industry leading 90-day training period for new sales professionals.

We acknowledge that in a commission sales environment, performance will always be a key factor in determining the success of a team. However we are also dedicated to providing key mentorship and training programs in an inclusive and relaxed store atmosphere, so that our sales professionals may find success, and continue grow their careers with us.

We would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further, and learn how we may improve. Please call 1-877-834-6993 at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you, and have a great day.

It is inhumane to allow anyone to work for this management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 March 2019
The only way I would ever say it would be a better then terrible idea to work for the Windsor location is if you want to “volunteer” your time for this company, but do not expect to get paid unless your one of the select “favourites”. If you make a decision to work for Ashley at the Windsor location I suggest a large amount of alcohol for when your done and a good psychiatrist as well. The management is extremely judgmental, knows absolutely nothing about the product or even customer service for that matter, and will implement and inforce rules depending on who you are and how much they like you. I will go out on a limb and say that they have the most horrible culture and environment and management could care less. I will pray for any current and future employee and any customers that wishes to purches at this location based on how they encourage their sales people to “hide all the fine print” but make you sign the contract.
Pros
I quit
Cons
I worked there
not the greatest culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 March 2019
the furniture industry is a great market to work in. ashley homestore on the other hand is not the greatest environment for it. employees are out to get eachother. management creates a robotic environment which is not the best environment to drive sales. traffic of customers is very low as you get 2 ups in 8 hours, sometimes 0. hard to hit volume target but other targets are achievable with hard work. company has issues with pay roll. refuse to pay bonuses when you have clearly hit targets. management or anyone refuse to take any action when a problem arises with delivery, sales, with customers or among the employees.

for temporary job its not bad would not recommend for long term.
Great people, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 March 2019
The people are amazing to work with, but the management lacks a lot of basics. Like training, i had not known all of my furniture knowledge, and expected me to hurry and get into appliances! Ridiculous when you’ve never been in sales. They’re not understanding when it comes to “ I need help “. If I knew I had to know everything on my first day, I wouldn’t have applied there.
Pros
VIP days
Scarborough location awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2019
SAVE YOUR VALUABLE TIME they pay below min wage because they pay commission. Awful poor Management. Unprofessional & backdated. They try to pride themselves on workplace culture but it's the farthest place from a happy work environment .
Pros
Great furniture, coworkers
Cons
Corrupt management

Hello former TDG team member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

At Ashley HomeStore we are proud to adhere to the Ontario Employment Standards Act. We provide an industry leading commission-based pay structure, with the security of a guaranteed minimum draw and unlimited earning potential with commission.

We acknowledge that working in a commission sales environment may be a change from what some people are used to. Therefore we pride ourselves in delivering the best training and support for our new team members, not only so they can provide the best possible experience for our guests, but also so that they can learn to thrive in a commission sales environment.

We would like to have the opportunity to speak with you further, to discuss your experience and learn how we may improve. Please call 1-877-834-6993 at your earliest convenience.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Management has created a toxic workplace
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 February 2019
I’ve worked commission sales before and although competitive, nothing like in this store. Salespeople are not allowed to speak to each other even if there are no customers in the store. There is zero teamwork and management cares only about the sale. If you ask the sales manager for any kind of help she takes 50% of the commission even though it’s supposed to be her job to support the salespeople. They claim in training we are encouraged to build a relationship with our customers but in reality the store manager and the sales manager don’t care about the customer and all customer service ends once the store has their money. The administration staff is told not to interact with customers or salespeople and are treated very poorly by management even though they do most of the work for the salespeople. Many times I saw them work and not even be given breaks.
Cons
Poor management, no teamwork

Hello former TDG team member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

One of the aspects we pride ourselves in providing for our new and existing team members at Ashley HomeStore is a friendly and inclusive store atmosphere, with industry leading support from our leaders and management teams.

We take feedback of this nature very seriously and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you further. Please call 1-877-834-6993 at your earliest convenience.

Ashley Homestore Windsor
Front Desk Administration/ Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 February 2019
It's been a lit experience especially in Windsor - staff is great, lots of opportunity, I've learned so much and I'm super grateful. Cool atmosphere and lots of room to grow.. if you can sell furniture you can sell anything
4 March 2019

Hello valued team member!

We are so happy to hear about your satisfaction with our company!

At Ashley HomeStore we do our best to ensure we provide every team member with the opportunity to learn and grow. Our team members are at the core of what we do and it delights us to hear how much you are enjoying your experience with us so far!

Thank you for your continued service as we work together to reach our goal: to build the best home furnishings company in Canada.

Josh Diaz
Communications Specialist
Ashley HomeStore

Ashley
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area18 February 2019
Great team work in Ashley, generally speaking Ashley conducive environment to work . Been a member of the teams in Ashley has added to my experience.
Thanks
Great Place...
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area18 February 2019
Only difficulty is the weather... Typical day would be coming in finding out your run and getting it done. Stronger teams get harder work but get paid the same. Kind of unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Homestore Canada - The Dufresne Group. Our community is ready to answer.