Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Found 202 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,197 reviews

A new & productive learning ground

I can categorically say the job can be very overwhelming which is like my typical day at work. I have got the best store manager so far and that has made me feel really good with the job. He is so encouraging and makes me want to show up to work every other day.I have also intereacted with some of the best bosses ever, they have been kind towards me. I have learned a whole lot of admin work differently from what I have done in my past jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other staff members are always willingly to help me out and put smiles on my face, they are wonderful people and I do not feel out of place with them.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

I feel I should earn more

Ready to have your commission sales stolen by your manager?

I have the opportunity to work at the store at it's opening, and during that time I had never seen such a high turnover since. The management has changed and ever since it did, the lack of support is ever growing. Management only cared about their numbers and sales, but they never bothered to put in the time to properly train employees as stated in the hiring process. The amount of lying that goes on this store is exponential. They state that they will help you close the sale, but by that they mean they will sit on the sidelines and just watch you and then criticize, rather than making any form of example for people with learning disorders such as mine. I felt like I was left behind

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No support, hostile environment, poor training

Manager that treats staff horribly in front of customers.

During my training there was no support from management, expected to know things that were never explained. The management treated staff like garbage in front of customers. Horrible work environment with a massive turn over in staff. Do not recommend working here unless management has changed!

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Horrible management

Overworked without compensation

Consistently understaffed and overworked. Worked 6 days a week often because the turn over rate was so high. Pay wasn't great and raises were pretty much non-existant.

Pros

Direct leadership is good

Cons

Cheap company

Overall a great place to work

A typical day at work involves a lot of customer service which I really enjoy. I have learned many new sales tactics that were different from previous jobs, many of which I will use everyday on the job now. The staff here is awesome and super friendly and welcoming to new people. I look forward to coming to work everyday and helping all our guests to find the right furniture for their home. I would say the hardest part of the job right now would be learning all the new systems as is the case with most new jobs when you first start. I'm sure this will get easier with time

Pros

Great people to work with. A good work schedule to life balance. Lots of support when you start new.

Cons

The computer systems can be challenging to learn and remember when first starting out, could be made a little easier to use in the future

If you want to hate your life and this is the job

The management here only cares about their LAF ( landed Ashley furniture) percentage. They will have you over worked 20+ delivery, and majority of them would be you assembling , taking out/ away garbage. The mangers will have the audacity to tell everyone to finish within 10 hours. The members have complain to management and get a response of termination. If you want to be mistreated ,stress , hate your life and have no social life; than Ashley furniture delivery is the position for you.

Productive and great workplace

Great management and comfortable work environment. Also, management supports us with product knowledge and guidance which helps us increase our sales. Best customer service.

Very stressful

Really bad company culture. The management is unfair and bias. There is harassment and bullying which the management doesn’t deal with. They only see you as numbers.

Product specialist

Good company lot of things to learn.Good managersGood job security Mandatory weekend working Overall good experience Very convient and you become sales pro

Horrible place to work at overworked underpaid but management gets all kinds of money your just a number there no trust within the business

Backstabbing not valued as an employee not paid fairly staff is consistently talking behind your back management just wants to make money they don’t care about you at all

The workplace is full of challenges but the best part is it is very rewarding. Work-life balance. One can grow fast if apply himself/herself properly.

Pros

Commission & Bonus

Cons

Store Manager/Guest Care

Not a great place to work at all.

From the day I started until the day I left the company it was not a good place to work, from the upper management team all the way down to the hourly employees, nobody ever wants to look at new ways to make things better but all have something to say because the company is not doing well.

Pros

More than one job title for each person

The position I was given ended up with 3 titles. I didn't get proper training for one of the job titles but I was never hired to be permanent. I was told it was a permanent position however ensuring my training stuck it to me. Just politics.

Pros

Only management and sales gets free food

Cons

Long hrs a d a fight for overtime

Great work environment

Working at Ashley is great. As a sales associate you have to love talking with people. Learning the system takes alittle but you have lots of help from management to the staff. It is a family environment . If you love helping people find the perfect Furniture for their home and are good at connecting with customers. Then this is a great place to be.

Pros

Friendly fun environment. Medical plan, rrsp matching

Cons

Working weekends

Dont work here

I worked here for almost 3 years. Don't worst place to work, would not recommend. This work place is filled with drama, no one does their work ever...

Pros

Cons

Drama

Management was poor

I worked at the regent location in Winnipeg. The management of the store was not great, the sales ppl were friendly & professional. The pay rate is very low compared to other places would not recommend it to anyone

Deceit unprofesionalism

The pay and scheduling isn't bad. But the deception and unprofessionalism nullifies it. They change things every 5 seconds and act as if you're supposed already know. You can never contact management. And you're basically left on your own after 3 days. I called the delivery supervisor one day from the work phone and he claimed I had the wrong number and it took me an hour and a half into the shift to be able to contact a member on maagemebt

Pros

Pay and schedule

Cons

Good co-workers and understanding management

Most enjoyable part is talking to people. Hardest part is following customers around to try to make a sale and meeting weekly targets. Micro managed by superiors but they say they're just trying to help you improve on your sales and closing skills.

High pressured sales

High pressure to meet target. You must fire and write up sales associates if they don’t meet targets. There was a ton of drama at this location. It’s not for everyone. I went thru probably 20 sales people in 6 months

Pros

Relaxed when not selling

Cons

Pay for coffee, drama, favouritism

Awful

Awful manager. Never get your raises when promised. Have to fight to get your benefits card. And even if you give them extra work and time they screw you in the end. Management is the absolute worst..

Pros

Some co-workers

Cons

Management pay never a 4 day work week

A brand/company run by incompetent executives

Incompetent and insecure executives running the company and making their paycheque and bonuses while the ground staff is doing all the leg work to keep the company afloat. Cannot trust the executive team as they keep changing the goal posts every 3-4 months. No consistency in programs, processes and direction. Sales leadership/teams are treated unfairly and micromanaged. No work life balance at all.

Pros

Cons

Don’t waste your time with this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement