Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

fun place and productive
Pickup and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2019
it is very good place to work. Everyone can work free of mind no pressure of anything
Staff and supervisior are very good and they are very helpfull for their staff
Pros
staff is very good
Cons
nothing
Trash management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Very poor store management.nepotism,harassment very common practice.higher management don't have any control on store level, they rely on store management who people are dishonest & toxic.for any cost they want business but don't follow any work ethic.
unsafe place for the female worker. managers offered promotion to female worker for makes them happy personally.
Pros
Cons
Lowest income
would not recomend
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 January 2019
company comes off as very ideal and a seems like an environment to make money. in truth there is a lot of fine print designed to stop you from making the money that you have earned and designed to keep that money and bonuses in the company's pocket. management is very focused on irrelevant things that should be dealt with easily. instead management looks to focus on that instead of looking to hit goals and targets and helping employees succeed
Official response from Ashley Furniture HomeStore
10 February 2019

Hello valued team member,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent experience with us.

At Ashley HomeStore, we pride ourselves in delivering the best possible experience to our guests as well as to our team members, with no exceptions.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further, so that we may improve our team member experience in the future.

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 1-877-834-6993.

We hope to hear from you!

Thanks, and have a great day.

very immature management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
during meeting the manager explains what deals we have with F words all over. no work-life balance. there's no split shifts at some point especially the weekends. very stressful since its a commission job.
Pros
ambiance
Cons
schedule
Standard sales environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2018
It is up to you. If you do well, you earn good money. You will have to work after working hours, weekends and maybe holidays. You can grow in the company if you are good at your work.
Pros
possible to do well
Cons
it is all up to you
Cut Throat business
Assitant Administration/Multi-Tasker (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC28 December 2018
Not a friendly environment to work in! It started off nice, but changed. I felt like it gets hostile to sell furniture and customers walks in and gets bombarded by sales people and gets apprehensive. The manager is nice, but all about the sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2018
I worked at the Barrie location as a sale professional from June to August 2018. It was awful, the company swears by their no pressure approach to customers, meanwhile management will rip your head off behind closed doors for not trying to push people into buying. I always maintained in the top 3 for sales since the the day they opened and upon my termination I was told by management that it's because they "don't think I'll be able to support my family". I was in first for the month at $47,000, the person at the bottom was at $3,500.
Fun workplace
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 November 2018
Was a great atmosphere, learned a lot quickly. I was in a part time position when I starter, within a week I moved to full time and then two weeks later moved into a manager position
Worst Management Team Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 November 2018
I started working for the place a month ago, and the so called training was a joke. I was handed a book and told to read it. Yes I have sales experience but each place is different. The store manager is a complete joke, does not support all staff, just ones she likes. Sales Managers are also a joke, all the worry about is the numbers. Don't care if you need help or not. The whole management team needs to be replaced, They expect you to sell to every person who walks in the door.
Pros
Cons
Store Manager and her team
horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON29 October 2018
very high turnover rate all the way from upper management to sales associates. within the last year new VP, Director and couple of regionals if you wanna talk about culture.

expect to be forced to work long hours and extra days.
if you refuse they will present you with a admin job or warehouse work at a low pay so even if you fight for wrongful dismissal you can't get EI because it'll be refusal of work.

any customer can walk in any day and get better than employee discount.

as minimum wage went up they are reducing admin and warehouse staff hours and sales people are expected to do more admin and cleaning work!!!!!

free lunches when you are forced to work open to close twice a month are gone.

commission structure changed 3 times in the past couple of years and if you refuse to sign again you get presented with an offer for a different role so you don't get packaged out!!!!

if you don't hit your target for 2 month you are out of the door it's called MAS when you read your contract so be aware.

They expect you do go out and advertise ( NON PAID) on your days off!!!!

If you leave the company within 6 month you don't get paid for all of your sales that are not delivered, and if it's delivered they switch it under someone else's name so you still don't get paid.

Finally out of there :) with better pay and better environment with a better company
Pros
all gone with new upper management
Cons
please read the comments
Good but slow
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 October 2018
A great place to work as far as the people and management. A lot of great products but serious buyers are few making it difficult to work on commission.
Trash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 October 2018
Worst company ive ever worked for
Women are crude and snyde. No team atmosphere and exhausting! No breaks while the whip is being cracked and barely makimg 11.50 an hour. Brutal. Thankffully i left.
Pros
Cons
All of it
Dont waste your time!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2018
Management is unfair. Coworkers steal customers and management will do nothimg about it. Very hard to make sales. I would not recommend this company to anyone, no matter how desperate you are. They even make you pay 3.00 every paycheck for any food treats that are brought in the store. You have to work every weekend.
Pros
Lots of coworkers
Cons
No weekends off
Productive and Helpfull
Customer Service( Product wrapping) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2018
The overall working place is very good. All staff is very helpfull and incourageable...They provide all benifits to the worker . Safety is must in this working place ...
productive and fun workplace to advance work and grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
great place to work grow and progress. awesome team work understanding towards emergent situations and highly cooperative team.great place to find a way to do an interactive job and learn to deal with the customers effectively.
Was only there for a short time but enjoyed it.
Customer Service Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
This position was part time evening and weekends but eventually I had to leave due to family priorities. My manager was friendly, efficient and professional and I would love to work with her again.
Worst Place to work at
admin (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 August 2018
Management is terrible and rude. no work and life balance. just think about sales sales sales! and nothing else matters! some of the sales people bully you until you quit.
WORST place ever.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
what a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 August 2018
I worked there for a few month , then decided to quit, the hardest part of the day is the morning meetings,stupid meeting everyday with silly jokes and acts from the management and you have to laugh at it otherwise you will considered not a team player, staff spy on each other, they preach that their company is very family oriented but it is far from it , everything looks clean and shiny from outside but it the other way around, most orders are on at least 4 to 6 weeks out to be delivered, i left the company and all the sales i had made went to the "House" and they did not give me my commission which was a few thousand dollars.I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Good job but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 August 2018
Ashley is a great company to work for but unfortunately certain location are not. The Windsor location has very poor management that knows next to nothing about the products and procedures of Ashley. Customers are great and so were the other sales people.
Pros
Customers and coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Tough line of work, incredible pressure
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 August 2018
Typical day at work can be really boring, especially if overstaffed. Quickly run out of things to do in-between customers on most week days.

Loved the team but too much pressure and very uneven salary, which is common in commission based work.

Definitely not for everyone as management likes to add pressure and are often negative.
Pros
OK benefits, great team
Cons
Tough pay, negative management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.