Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Updates from Ashley Furniture HomeStore:

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
productive workplace
productive workplace and conducive because of the new warehouse,accessible to bus transportation,have a good supervisor and manager,equipt with hi-tech warehouse facilities and well trained personnel in making the company better and competitive.
Professional but competitive
Atmosphere at Ashley Homestore is very good. The environment is neat and clean. All the team members are professional and each section has been assigned a specific job relating to that particular section.

The work is very fast paced and stressful but the salaries are very competitive.
There is no work life balance or respectable management .
Although you can make a good amount of money, you'll have to work 15 to 16 hours a day to see it. Very little support from management and the culture is that of a nvested high school.
Great place to work, family orientated
I loved working at Ashley's i was sad that it ended due to the covid-19 and would love to work for them again when this is all over. While working for Ashley's I have gain more experience working with customers, as well as working in a fast paced environment.
Stable for Students
Minimum wage job, staff is friendly. Be prepared to stay overtime whilst for a deal to be closed especially during weekends. It has fast paced and slow paced days. Stable job for students.
Good Place to work
Good place to work.
Located in busy shopping mall with lots of traffic.

Weekends and evenings shifts available.

Potential to earn 6 figure income annually.
Bloody horrible
The entire company is terribly run and could not care any less about their employees. The interview process was very poor, a 10 minute conversation and you were hired within an hour. Working admin means you do the sales associates work for them, you do the work for management because they couldn't be bothered. You're paid minimum wage for a job that will drive you absolutely insane. After 2 years of dedication they let you go for budget cuts, then 8 months later try to offer you the job back for holiday part time because they're desperate for employees.

Every part of the job is 1/10 and would not recommend.
time put in doesnt equal money earned
The pay structure is set up so that after the probation period you could get--and are likely to--be paid less than you should be for the hours you work.
Can earn a lot if you are the right fit.
I learned a lot here, very competitive atmosphere. How much you earn is based on sales volume, with great incentives for additional sales in financing, extended warranties, etc
Management lacks professionalism
Overall this company would give anyone a chance to work even if the individual had a terrible drug habit or a mental health problem. I worked for a few other transportation companies and I find that this company the management lacks professionalism. If you're out on the road and you need to get in contact with a supervisor they don't answer their phones.
A Great Place to Work
Overall, I love working for Ashley Homestore. I find the hours are reasonable, the customers are great and the possibilities to earn more than minimum wage are great. However, I would only recommend this job to anyone looking for full-time work. A part-time job here is not worth the time. The job can be very demanding and needs the hours put into it in order to be successful and earn extra money. Gossip can also be an issue, depending on who you work with, ESPECIALLY in the dead months. Overall, if you're looking for a relaxed job, you enjoy talking to customers and want a chance to earn extra commission. Ashley HomeStore is the place for you.
Pros
Chance to make over minimum wage, relaxed, constantly talking with the public
Cons
Gossip, very slow periods, not good for part-time only
Poor attitudes
Management/owners are a bit arrogant. They have a high turnover of staff, but don’t recognize that it might be them and not everyone else. They also have a tendency towards bullying you out of a job. Their work culture is a bit immature. Be prepared for drama. The owners vacation tome is more important than their staffs. The staff they hire are good people.
no sales no job
a small town, not much foot traffic over staffed same as dufrenes. they spend more time thinking about sales then what others need. i liked everyone....
collaborative work environment
This is a good place to n work at. The supervisors and managers are approachable and address the issues on hand right away. Employees are also collaborative and friendly.
Working at Ashley's homestore
The staff are horrible they don't keep the place clean, they treat the warehouse Porter like he is a maid which is unacceptable & staff doesn't help out on sales
Competitive commission based position working evenings and weekends
Ashley Furniture at first glance appears to be an organised relaxed atmosphere. But do not be fooled. Employees will talk about you behind your back and prejudge you. Sales personnel are not happy to have any new sales feet on the floor for fear of losing a potential customer. Commission rates are very low at only 5 percent.

Be prepared to work many nights and weekends with a convoluted up system that no one follows. Run don't walk from this job.
Very Stressful and not enough pay
If you can give your 100% time and energy in selling you will survive. Management supports only if you are doing good numbers otherwise you will be targeted. Co workers are good but sometimes become very competitive and greedy. Bonuses and incentives are doubtful. Overtime not paid.
Enjoyed My Time There
Really enjoyed my time there and working with my co-workers. Had fun selling furniture and mattresses to my customers as well as keeping up to date with the latest trends and designs.
can be stressful at times, but worth the paycheck
i somewhat enjoyed working at Ashley's. the job itself wasn't something i was very excited about, but it was a good experience. My manager is what made me able to push forward to the next day. she was very supportive and understanding of the workload. however, the store manager kept giving me tasks in a timeline that not even a whole team could handle....and i was working alone! but at the end of the day it wasn't that bad overall.
I would have stayed
I would still be working there if it weren't for a workplace bullying issue that never got settled. I was bullied by one of my former coworkers there, but before an action could be taken, I could no longer work with this coworker, so I had to leave the job
Ashley HomeStore
I enjoy working at Ashley HomeStore very much. It’s a great atmosphere, great staff, cooperative environment. Good salary, good management, great training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9