Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Efficient but difficult management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2018
Amazing staff and fun work but managment has very unfair standards. Warehouse manager atleast in the Edmonton district has unfairly high standards and I was told multiple times but multiple people that alot of people get let go for being to slow.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Unfairly high standards from management
Enjoyable Workplace
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 May 2018
Ashley Furniture is a great place to work.If you're looking for competitive wages, this is not the place for you. Communication between Head Office and Store Level definitely needs improving, but hopefully one day it'll get there. Very little stress when communication occurs. No additional work opportunities, though, so job security isn't much of an issue so long as you work well. The most enjoyable part of the job is most of the team that we currently have, as it feels like family working here.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
Noncompetitive Wages
Not effiecient
Warehouse Merchandising Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2018
The managers are lacking to say the least. Day by day it is chaotic, I don't honestly know why they are still in operation. I arrived there with little knowledge and was tasked to train the week after without having been trained myself.
Pros
They take suggestions seriously
Cons
Nothing gets done and the same problems persist/No Training
Fun place to work and nice staff
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2018
I only worked here for two months and in those 2 months I enjoyed working there. I had no problems with the staff or the building. I wish I stayed their longer but I started school in September so I had to leave.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Heavy lifting
Good staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enderby, BC8 January 2018
Good co workers, not great owners of company. Not very accomodating to family life, no weekends off ever. Commision rates not very good either but do have salary on top of it.
Good for someone starting in the workforce
5 ton truck driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 December 2017
Good for someone starting in the workforce, low pay and no benefits.
Hardest part is having items with missing parts when arriving to a customer. Overall an ok job but with minimal pay and not benefits which is not good when providing a family.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
showing good but that's not real
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 December 2017
they will treat you well at start but every thing change after, if you see majority of their management team they even don't have a year experience in company that's big reason, you have to be not realistic to them, they are growing but they don't have culture and foundation of big company and that will decline them shortly.
High enrgy staff that make you feel at home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 November 2017
This job is a constant learning opportunity but customers upset with furniture or the service company is the hardest part of this job as well as booking up the delivery trucks.
Great place to work BUT...
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 October 2017
All the staff are great to work with but the management is absolutely horrible, it is ran by two stupid dummies who have no clue what they're doing! It really is a shame having such a good company Ran So poorly.
Pros
Environment and staff is great!!
Cons
Management and supervisors do not know what they are doing!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
Loved my fellow teammates. At the store it was like being part of a family. Communication between head office to the store levels needs to be better. Overall I enjoyed my time there.
Fun Place to work but long hours
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 September 2017
Hours were far to long for someone who has a family or daycare.
Management promises a promotion, but then it never seems to happen.
10-12 hour days once a month.
have to be at shift 30 minutes early for team meeting, unpaid.
Free breakfast or coffee on occasion.
Pros
Discounts
Skill building environment
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  11 William Kitchen Rd18 September 2017
Working at Ashley Homestore was a pleasure , in which I was able to cultivate my customer service skills and learn how to sell like a true salesman. The managers are great as are the fellow sales associates.
Pros
Money opportunities
Cons
Commission only
Nice store, beautiful furniture
Customer Service Representative, I (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 September 2017
Typical day was dealing with the public and their needs and concerns. The Sales staff was great, very easy to get along with. With management, there seemed to be a battle for authority among the 5 of them. The store manager is on a major power trip and reminds you who she is and what she can do. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training and the best part of the job was the people we met everyday.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
Maturity level of management
Leads by Example
Sales & Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2017
Cutting Edge Retail Company, constantly changing product offering. Fun place to work. Very nice looking store with a professional interior designer onsite. Would highley recommend if your looking for well built furniture at a good price. Owner Manger onsite, great location in the south center of Ottawa just off HuntClub Road. Good hours of operation open 7 days a weeks. Brand new store plenty of parking.
Pros
New, Prices good.
Cons
Lots of competion close by for comparison shopping
Lion in Sheep's Clothing
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations17 August 2017
Excellent opportunity if they do what they say. High pressure sales are easy to deal with, but the political game played by upper management makes it a very difficult company to take seriously. Favouritism is rampant, so just be aware.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work life balance, untrustworthy Management
Very productive always something to learn!
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 August 2017
Great management and staff! Everyone was treated with respect and the support for knowledge and learning was always there. Learned a lot of customer service and sales skills.
terrible work environment
Sales Associate - Furniture / Major Appliances (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
lots of lying to customers. Training was not accurate and those inconsistencies were then passed on to the customer without us knowing we were not telling the truth
Customer base was also very challenging
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON23 July 2017
Fun place to work but no work/life balance. Some locations do really well traffic wise and you can earn a lot however many are mediocre. They like to hire a lot of staff which means it's harder to make a good income even if you're a top seller. Commission structure makes it difficult to obtain bonuses again, even if you're a top seller.
Pros
Love the people I work with
Cons
No work/life balance
High stress commission sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 July 2017
The product with this company is easy to get behind as it is great quality however, as a sales person you need to be the right personality for this position.
Requirements for success:
- be able to work long hours and come in on days off to meet targets
- be aggressive
- be able to harass clients/family/friends on regular basis
- handle 'less then kind' management on the slower days
- be willing to put in the extra hours outside of work for education and better your sales skills.

This job has a great potential for the right individuals to make great money/ bonuses and have a blast (as the other sales people are amazing) if you have the time to dedicate yourself to the job.
Pros
bonus', fun atmosphere
Cons
crazy hours (when taking into consideration the extra time outside of work), high stress to make targets
Very good
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 July 2017
Work was very pleasant and staff were very helpful.
Work hours were very convenient.
Location was very appropriate. I totally enjoyed my employment with Ashley.
Pros
Cooperative work environment.
Cons
No cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.