ASAP Secured Inc. Employee Reviews

worst company to work in canada
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB25 May 2018
never ever tried this company to work for. always missing pay. no pay raise even after working for 2 years. The person hired after you, would get more pay then you. management is freak out if you complaint anything
Pros
nothing
Cons
all are cons there
Garbage job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 May 2018
Management treat you like garbage, they expect you to jump through hoops for minimal pay. If working at a permanent placement and you need time off dont expect to get the position back, will deny you work there an also refuse to send out your ROE. Beware this job is not worth it.
It was a good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB5 May 2018
Good environment too work in , good people to work with and I learned a lot about other cultures and religions . Working with many different people threw out my time there
Minimum wage
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON3 May 2018
Company locked out workers last year and now they are trying to act as security in a strike situation at the mine. Not a good situation to put yourself in unless you like conflict.
Worst Security company i've ever dealt with
Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
ASAP Secured, an established Canadian company for many years now still is unable to pay people correctly. Here's a list of cons in my experience with ASAP.

- If you don't ask about your hours, they wont pay you for it
- Has a redundant check in system where if I work extra hours I have to physically contact a representative every time. Which is more annoying than you think considering I work after closing everyday
- They make you work 13-14 hour shifts
- They don't care about the people
- Their communication is poor, they don't listen to what you say
- They don't implement feedback
- They expect the most out of you for such minimal rates
- They clearly don't have an understanding of the Labour law
- Poor scheduling
- Poor professionalism via email

If you plan on working Loss Prevention with this company, don't. They don't understand how to work certain boutiques and they don't care.
Pros
If you're somehow okay and able to withstand such abuse, they move you up within the company a bit faster than most.
horrible hr department
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 January 2018
Talked to hr several times regarding paying on time, paying for all hours and missed hours, to rude replies and excuses. Working twelve hour shifts so you have no life after work. Management always complains about employees, employees complained about management.
Pros
three breaks
Cons
can't leave site
A great team and company to work for!
Travaille présentement comme agente de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC16 April 2017
I work with a very dynamic team at ASAP Secured. They have given me job security for the past 6 and a half years. I can find work easily with them, and my hours have been very flexible.
Pros
Permanent positions fit my schedule.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Ontario Office- Challenge, Mentor, and Guide
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 March 2017
From when you submit your resume to getting hired, ASAP ensures they are constantly supporting you along the way. Recruitment makes the transition into the Team easy and enjoyable.

Scheduling Department is great with accommodating requests once you respect them back and provide notice which is fair.
I feel Management isn't the easiest to get a hold of but it's great to see mobile patrols making their rounds and constantly checking on the team.
Pros
Onboarding process, communication with scheduling, and quick responses on book offs or concerns
just a great company
Customer service coordinator, BC Region (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
the management cares for the well being and safety for employees more than the clients money (which is how it should be). room for advancement always extra work available and awesome work conditions.
Pros
good pay/ benafits. well priced food available at some locations
I am happy
Administrative Assistant/Vancouver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
This company gave be an opportunity to work with them and this opportunity I will ever be grateful for.... My Manager and supervisors are just wonderful people, their training and tolerance is just out of this world.
Pros
flexible work time and schedule, good pay and commision
Cons
I get lot of day time shifts, I prefer grave yards
Lazy people operating this company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
If you're looking for work and own personal life balance, a family person, etc., don't waste your own time with this company.

They go around the clock like a fly bugging you to go to work which means your other life areas are screwed as long as you deal with them.

Very lazy, inept, egotistical and disorganized staff at this company in the area.

Quite arrogant and power-tripping with the abuse of power tactics their "mobile" and other reps utilize against their cohorts which is divisive rather than productive.

Just looking to cover their own rears and mail in their pay cheques.

Don't care about your needs or your own basic rights, just about the bottom line for them is all that matters.

So again, don't bother with them and save your own time.
Pros
Good pay, free uniform, easy duties
Cons
Standing for whole shifts, inept clients, politics/egos in reps
Security Guard Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
I only got one or two shifts from them and that was about it...if they had more work and more sites I think this company would of done well...but when I worked with them, they were just starting out.
Poor Management
Security Guard, 3rd party escort, investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Signing in/out system is poorly run, Management will accuse you of false time freud, and some job sites are not worth working at.
Pros
meeting new people
Lacking organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Nice people, though quite disorganized with the overall management. Mobile reps are out of touch and power trip at times with egos.

Too many usual politics like in many security companies involving siding with their clients over their own guards in regards to issues.

About the bottom line at the end of the day for them as usual with like companies on who is number one and what to compromise.

Most of work is retail, requiring standing whole time and deal with rude, ignorant, idiotic staff at times in certain sites.

Not much work unless you want to be on call all the time (meaning forget about having an actual life or if you are a family person) if you are looking for sufficient hours.

Overall, would not recommend this company as there turned out to be too many disappointments outweighing the pros.
Pros
Good pay, easy work assignments, free uniform
Cons
shady clents, standing whole shift every site, miscommunication
Bad company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 July 2016
Management is incompetent. The mess up on pay cheques all the time. They pass blame to everyone else. Lie to staff to make themselves look good. Overall not a professional company. Have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Unproductive, very lazy management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB13 June 2016
Working in thompson mb it was a complete joke, the "boss" is lazy and well leave his shift at any point in the day to go home. It is very underpaid and you have to make sure you keep a close eye on your hours because they do NOT like to pay the full pay cheque you deserve. They hire random people off the streets that can barely even speak. One guy was where for a week and was made a "supervisor" yet he didn't even know where the smelter was. ASAP SECURITY is a complete joke and I would highly NOT recommend anyone to work there. If you would like to make 12 dollars an hour save yourself the hassle and work at McDonald's.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours, under payed, no appreciation whats so ever
If working security at Strike locations, getting ready for jobs that do not start. then this is the job for you.
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 May 2016
Mostly Strikes, fire damage scenes.
You get alot of calls to work but few jobs actually start.
Alot of the Hurry up and wait kinda thing.

This company is the sister company AFI of AFIMAC

Get a few other fall back companies just in case if you work for ASAP.
Pros
pay when you get work
Cons
out of 10 calls 2 or 3 might actually start
Very organized
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 April 2016
Great environment; flexible. Keeps your best interests and requirements in mind when scheduling. Management is great and is understanding in terms of your availability; pays well; bonuses
Pros
bonuses
Good Company
N/A (Current Employee) –  Ontario21 February 2016
Good company to work for. People you work with are nice and are easy going.

Lots of work and always learning new things and always being challenged.
Outstanding leadership
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2016
I have to say that my supervisor does an outstanding job, and I really respect the way he does business. Upper management are equally great. ASAP is a great company to work for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASAP Secured Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.