ASAP Secured Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company with many opportunities for growth
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
ASAP Secured has always provided great opportunities for those who have a strong work ethic and perform well. Management change over the past year has changed the culture within this company in a positive way making it an enjoyable company to work for. If you are someone who loves to work, this company is for you. I look forward to continue growing within the company. Thank You ASAP!!!
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Work days can be long
Great work life balance
High End Retail Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2019
This is great security company to work for. The industry is not good to security guards like myself who basically don't have a job after the company loses a security contract. I lost my job of 5 years because my previous employer lost a contract and didn't have any other place for me to work. I applied to ASAP and then learned that they have a good reputation in the market. The supervisor and manager are very respectful to security guards. I have been here for one year and appreciate the work I do. I really like working in downtown as I take public transit. The hardest part of my job is seeing other guards for other company's not taking their roles seriously. We have high standards at ASAP and the culture is appealing. Highly recommend to apply if you are looking for good wages, work life balance and variety of work available.
Pros
Received a $200.00 bonus for referring a guard
Excellent Company - Great People
Security Guard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON14 February 2019
ASAP Secured is an excellent company to work for. They have given me incredible growth opportuities that have allowed me to transit from a job to a career. Very positive culture within the company, great understanding of the work they perform, management that cares about well being of employees. I would fully recommend ASAP to anyone looking to work in the security industry.

Flexible work hours and competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
Very receptive to concerns of employess.
Awful
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON17 December 2018
Very lazy people work at this company as far as the management goes and they also don't prepare the guards for future work that they are signed to and they deliver all the paperwork literally at the very last minute
Pros
Decent paying sites
Cons
To much to name
Company is run by a bunch of circus clowns.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON19 November 2018
Avoid this company like the plague. Their management and operations team have no idea what they're doing. They only care about themselves and bringing in money. They don't care about their guards or their clients.
Pros
work is easy but pretty boring
Cons
long hours 12-14, management doesn't care about you, can be asked to stay awake past 24 hours, always mess up on pay, don't schedule people to relieve then ask you to stay.
Toxic
Professional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2018
Coworkers removed from site without warning, horrible HR & management, unreasonable expectations for consistent last minute shifts, and the company will turn their backs at the first opportunity. Stay away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
worst company to work for
guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB13 September 2018
lazy people. Never ever give your resume to this company. worst company i ever worked . always pay short. no work culture. people sleep on job.hdshdh hshsh hsddhsddh
The worst operations team I have ever dealt with
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Extremely disorganized. I'm often missing time on my pay cheques due to them overlooking extra time I've had to stay on site, and this happens daily. Any time I try contacting them for something, I am met with resistance and passive aggressiveness. They make numerous mistakes, at least one mistake in every e-mail chain you get in to with them, and these aren't spelling or grammatical mistakes, these are actual crucial mistakes that should not be overlooked. Honestly if you want a company that will treat you like an expendable worker ant then ASAP is for you. If you're a self respecting human that requires a level decency then overlook this trash company.
Pros
The other guards know how you feel
Cons
Disorganized, Dishonest, Lazy Management, Tiring Work
worst company to work in canada
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB25 May 2018
never ever tried this company to work for. always missing pay. no pay raise even after working for 2 years. The person hired after you, would get more pay then you. management is freak out if you complaint anything
Pros
nothing
Cons
all are cons there
Garbage job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 May 2018
Management treat you like garbage, they expect you to jump through hoops for minimal pay. If working at a permanent placement and you need time off dont expect to get the position back, will deny you work there an also refuse to send out your ROE. Beware this job is not worth it.
It was a good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB5 May 2018
Good environment too work in , good people to work with and I learned a lot about other cultures and religions . Working with many different people threw out my time there
Minimum wage
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON3 May 2018
Company locked out workers last year and now they are trying to act as security in a strike situation at the mine. Not a good situation to put yourself in unless you like conflict.
Worst Security company i've ever dealt with
Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
ASAP Secured, an established Canadian company for many years now still is unable to pay people correctly. Here's a list of cons in my experience with ASAP.

- If you don't ask about your hours, they wont pay you for it
- Has a redundant check in system where if I work extra hours I have to physically contact a representative every time. Which is more annoying than you think considering I work after closing everyday
- They make you work 13-14 hour shifts
- They don't care about the people
- Their communication is poor, they don't listen to what you say
- They don't implement feedback
- They expect the most out of you for such minimal rates
- They clearly don't have an understanding of the Labour law
- Poor scheduling
- Poor professionalism via email

If you plan on working Loss Prevention with this company, don't. They don't understand how to work certain boutiques and they don't care.
Pros
If you're somehow okay and able to withstand such abuse, they move you up within the company a bit faster than most.
horrible hr department
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 January 2018
Talked to hr several times regarding paying on time, paying for all hours and missed hours, to rude replies and excuses. Working twelve hour shifts so you have no life after work. Management always complains about employees, employees complained about management.
Pros
three breaks
Cons
can't leave site
A great team and company to work for!
Travaille présentement comme agente de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC16 April 2017
I work with a very dynamic team at ASAP Secured. They have given me job security for the past 6 and a half years. I can find work easily with them, and my hours have been very flexible.
Pros
Permanent positions fit my schedule.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Ontario Office- Challenge, Mentor, and Guide
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 March 2017
From when you submit your resume to getting hired, ASAP ensures they are constantly supporting you along the way. Recruitment makes the transition into the Team easy and enjoyable.

Scheduling Department is great with accommodating requests once you respect them back and provide notice which is fair.
I feel Management isn't the easiest to get a hold of but it's great to see mobile patrols making their rounds and constantly checking on the team.
Pros
Onboarding process, communication with scheduling, and quick responses on book offs or concerns
just a great company
Customer service coordinator, BC Region (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
the management cares for the well being and safety for employees more than the clients money (which is how it should be). room for advancement always extra work available and awesome work conditions.
Pros
good pay/ benafits. well priced food available at some locations
Lazy people operating this company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
If you're looking for work and own personal life balance, a family person, etc., don't waste your own time with this company.

They go around the clock like a fly bugging you to go to work which means your other life areas are screwed as long as you deal with them.

Very lazy, inept, egotistical and disorganized staff at this company in the area.

Quite arrogant and power-tripping with the abuse of power tactics their "mobile" and other reps utilize against their cohorts which is divisive rather than productive.

Just looking to cover their own rears and mail in their pay cheques.

Don't care about your needs or your own basic rights, just about the bottom line for them is all that matters.

So again, don't bother with them and save your own time.
Pros
Good pay, free uniform, easy duties
Cons
Standing for whole shifts, inept clients, politics/egos in reps
Poor Management
Security Guard, 3rd party escort, investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Signing in/out system is poorly run, Management will accuse you of false time freud, and some job sites are not worth working at.
Pros
meeting new people
Lacking organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Nice people, though quite disorganized with the overall management. Mobile reps are out of touch and power trip at times with egos.

Too many usual politics like in many security companies involving siding with their clients over their own guards in regards to issues.

About the bottom line at the end of the day for them as usual with like companies on who is number one and what to compromise.

Most of work is retail, requiring standing whole time and deal with rude, ignorant, idiotic staff at times in certain sites.

Not much work unless you want to be on call all the time (meaning forget about having an actual life or if you are a family person) if you are looking for sufficient hours.

Overall, would not recommend this company as there turned out to be too many disappointments outweighing the pros.
Pros
Good pay, easy work assignments, free uniform
Cons
shady clents, standing whole shift every site, miscommunication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASAP Secured Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8