Arvato Employee Reviews

Found 142 reviews matching the search See all 1,341 reviews
Productive and Fast-paced sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2019
A typical day at Arvato consisted of phone and email inquiries for Ally Bank. You would have to assist with product specific inquiries, process transactions and trouble shoot technical problems. Management was reasonable and fair majority of the time. I found that management was encouraging but strict and they always provided you with guidance and support for any issues that may have occurred.
The hardest part of the role for me was the pay. Considering all the work that is required for the role, i do believe that Arvato underpaid there employees.
However, i did enjoy my time with Arvato (for the most part) and the working environment was pretty good at the time of my employment.
Uninspired
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo2 January 2019
The location is very inconvenient - but more importantly is the overwhelming training environment; it feels very rushed and sloppy in terms of the company responsibility, however, high expectations remain set on employees. After my interview process and hiring paperwork had been submitted, I was told the position was no longer available and was offered an alternative; after obviously accepting, I was scheduled to begin a training program in the coming weeks. The training seemed very forced and unprepared, despite being scheduled. Information differs from the material provided to trainees vs the material supplied by the facilitator on overheads. Many system errors and program crashes- more often than not, actually- prevents most of the hands on, practical training to be effective. Most training environment programs are also extremely limited as to what can be executed, which is incredibly frustrating as someone trying to retain and apply the information given. Weekly tests only encourage pressure and stress while feeling desperately unprepared (for a position I didn’t necessarily apply for), despite being attentive and diligent in my notes (that I’m unable to save to a drive that supposedly should have been provided also). The company fails to provide things that are of high importance to us- yet unsupplied, such as personal lockers, and personal login information. Considering this is a telecommunications company, I definitely expected the entire experience to be much more regimented and organized, especially considering how much they stress the importance of security of personal  more... information. This not only doesn’t seem like an appropriate contact to hire “just anyone” for- but moreover, the company outright fails to provide the expected tools to create a stable and successful work place. The high turnover of employment is not surprising in the least.  less
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Poor location, disorganized structure
Call Center Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 December 2018
As a representative, you were handling inbound calls or chats. You learned to process requests in a timely manner and meet call requirements. The people were great and friendly. They were willing to help each other when possible.
Great Call Center
Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2018
I've spent 2 years here with Arvato and they offer a lot of opportunity. After 8 short months I was given a promotion and had the chance to learn a different job field without the college qualifications. There are a lot of great people here and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too far of a commute
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 December 2018
Not a horrible job if you can handle constant evaluations and talking to people on the phone. This job is a lot of assisting and educating customers. Lots of talk of advancement in the company but often seems as though its a game of who is the favorite of the week. Hardest part of this job is being able to deal with an instance of someone committing fraud or when a customer has been misinformed.
Pros
occasional free food
Cons
Location, transportation.
Truth in Employment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 November 2018
This is an inbound call centre with the majority of your time on back to back calls and with metrics you must meet.

Coaching is provided from the management and quality control team.

Coaching will always be diverted till the calls in queue provide time for you to be relieved from the phone. This may compromise metrics to which you will still be held accountable for.

Your metrics will help determine if you are eligible for a shift of your choice and Quality Control is based on client oriented info coupled with an independent judgement by the individual reviewer.

Metrics include:
- Average Handle Time
* Hold + Talk Time + Wrap = Average Handle Time
- Quality how well you adhered to policy, procedure and if you sounded appropriate to the Quality Control reviewer.

Shifts are bid on (change), once every 3-6 months.

I find the hardest part of the job is;
Trying to calm down frustrated customers.
Having to ask permission to assist with most account reconciliations.
Slow intranet speeds that decrease the ability to meet standard metrics.

Management is chosen from in house interviews by personality and not necessarily job performance. Social elites usually get promoted to next tier help and team leads.

There currently is no real workplace culture. The call queue is usually too full for many in house social activities between co-workers and/or management.

Work life balance is difficult as the call centre wants to make money and as night shifts become busy you may get assigned to an afternoon or night shift based on your metrics.

This is a worldwide
  more... company that must stay accountable to their shareholders.

To ensure shareholders get paid well, this company minimum wage to start with no more than a 3% raise each year for the Care Representative if they determine you've earned it. (They do not believe in a Living Wage).

You can learn a variety of banking information that has potential to assist you with other employment opportunities or a greater understanding of the financial banking world.

You don't have to pay for parking and it's close to Walmart so you can shop before going home.
Pros
Free parking & Walmart
Cons
Low wages and mental illness
Like going back to high school
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 November 2018
Be prepared for drama and tons of office politics. If your supervisors don’t like you they WILL put pressure on you to quit. Tons of supervisors shilling MLM products on the floor and HR is completely useless if you have an issue because they’re all friends. Racism and transphobia are rampant especially in smaller campaigns. Be aware of what you’re getting into because it’s like going back to high school with all the petty drama.
nothing positive
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2018
nothing positive . do not join . extremely bad location no help from management for transportation . no respect for workers . unable to give a positive revive
Good work environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 October 2018
Arvato is a good company to work with. The people are friendly and there is always someone available to assist you if you have any questions or require additional training.
fun place
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 October 2018
very laid back work environment.
fun but very poor pay.
but the work place itself is fun and the company provides a lot of training in fields where u could find interesting.
Customer Service
National Sales Agent and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 September 2018
I excelled in both inbound and outbound sales. Outbound sales are very tricky, as I was required to call random people and offer them our services. I loved finding the best packages for every particular customer and getting new customers to sing up with us was very rewarding.
Pros
Great atmosphere
flexible work environment with good coworkers
IT Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2018
A typical day as transaction specialist is mad by reviewing order and Exchange of email with other customers. You usually need to focus on the rules (change very often). At end of the month there is a lot of hours to do, but you will get days off in the month begin
Pros
nice people
Cons
long hours on end of months
management doesn't care about you
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 August 2018
you're there to take calls and be perfect...if you're not it's your fault...never the training...never the stress of an abusive caller ....also...dont be surprised by suicide jokes from team leaders and managers
Pros
they hire anyone and everyone
Cons
everything
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 August 2018
Handle incoming customer calls and assist with general needs via phone or chat. I was able to learn how to effectively handle customer's requests. I worked well the management team and had a good working relationship with coworkers. The part of the job that was the most unpleasant was the commute. I do like the people that I work with and helping customers.
enjoyable environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2018
Fun place to work but not for a career. Good benefits. quarterly shift bid. great co-workers but management could be a little more organized. overall i enjoyed my time there.
Excellent
Investment Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2018
You become seasoned call agent at Arvato
Able to apply it easily to preferred job of choice.
Flexibility roles despite job repetitions.
Full or Part time opportunities.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Don’t slack
was fun until walked out.
In-Game support Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
they told us 2 weeks before they were firing us all because we were not needed anymore.

workplace was fun, people were fantastic. just didn't work out for all of as we were outsourced.
Super supportive
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 July 2018
Quality is super supportive to assistant wit aids for excelling. Even when the staffing changes, or position changes the quality staff remain dedicated to helping who they were helping prior to the change over.
dont do it
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2018
i honestly hated working here. they train you for like a month and start working immediately.
the management sucks
the pay is just average which sucks cuz its so high demanding.
its a lot of work and a lot of pressure too cuz u have to learn a lot in a short period of time and deal with the customers.
Pros
job security
Cons
absolutely nothing
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 June 2018
Management is not great. They lie to you. Too much drama, supervisors like to talk behind everyones back. They promise you things they cant give you. I hate it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvato. Our community is ready to answer.