Arvan Rehab Group

Arvan Rehab Group Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Good experience for foreign trained Physiotherapists like I. Work place at a LTC was great, staff were nice and very helpful but it went both ways. Salary is on the lower side. No climbing up the ladder. In the beginning I was self-employed then later it turned to an employee basis, the salary was lowered and never increase/s/ed. They only hire full time employees never part-time. I was laid off because I was part-time even though I worked the longest only to hear the LTC facility hires only full-time employees from Arvan Group. It is also OK to work as casual which I did until 2018 and still the salary was on the lower end of the scale. The negative side the salary never increased from 2013 and is on the lower level, one has to pay out of the own pocket for the vulnerable screening and the TB testing. This is not OK, one does not earn that much at all.
Arvan was a great overall environment with a well respected reputation within its designation. I was well treated and was grateful for the immense opportunity as far as learning experience. However there was no future as far as increased compensation or benefits. therefore, As far as new employees and those without seniority at Arvan goes, I would recommend only to entry level positions and those who need to gain work experience.
Work schedule and hours were perfect. Everyone was warm and welcoming. Mostly worked with an older age group. Gained good exposure. Colleagues were very helpful and guided me well with all handling and process of everyday tasks.
I am currently working as a physio assistant in one of the nursing homes in North York, Ontario. I love working with the seniors. It’s a very rewarding job. Very fast-paced environment. Very stressful job. Everyday you are under pressure to finish the job in 8 hrs but the pay is not enough. The pay is not worth the stress and heavy case loads. I wish the management would do something about it. Physiotherapy Assistant job is very stressful. Atleast a dollar per hour increase would be highly appreciated.
Pros
very friendly staff and senior residents.
Cons
Hard work and little pay.
With such little hours and incentive to work, you have a good amount of time to spend at home.
Just don't expect management to do anything about your problems or your wages to get you through living out of your mom's basement.
Cons
bad pay, hours, poor management
A very busy scheduled day, everyday is a different type of day due to working with our Senior Citizens. The work is very gratifying within your heart but some family members don't share the same feeling your left feeling under appreciated at times. I've learned a lot about different disorders that our Senior Citizen's deal with every day. Management is located in Toronto so there is no communication on a every day basis, you need to be a strong individual who can work independently or you won't survive in this environment. Workplace culture at times can be dog eat dog because everyone is trying to make more money because every time the Government changes the way Physiotherapy is funded in the Long-term Care settings it's the PTA's that lose out. The Most enjoyable part of the job is the everyday interaction of the Resident's and in some cases you almost feel like family.
Pros
I felt good inside working with the Seniors
Cons
It's a lot of work for little pay
Fun staff, great residents, good support. Exercise class, administrative duties,1:1 exercise. Smaller home so that gives extra attention to all of the residents.
fast past environment, great way to help patients and people.
Pros
Hard not to get attachted to patients
Cons
Make a diffrence in there lifes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arvan Rehab Group?