Artistic Stairs Ltd.

Artistic Stairs Ltd. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace

Workplace culture is great. Everyone is very friendly and always makes time to help you when your in need.Very productive work environment, every day you will learn something new. Management is approachable and willing to assist with your concerns.Staff in shop and office are very enjoyable.Overall good work values which are clearly articulated.Would recommend to other individuals.

Pros

Friendly staff

Normal construction company

The best thing yu can do if yu have any brains is to go back to school and get a degree or a real trade ticket. These companies that don’t have accredited trades are great short term but not good for long term .

Pros

Quick money

Cons

No future

Nothing positive say

Not worth your time, skills or energy. This place sucks the life out of you. The pay is terrible.You have to be account, receptionist, cleaner, among other job duties. You put your safety at risk everyday for minimum wage, all for them after 12 months to give you a quarter raise.

Dynamic and Challenging

The workday is intense, large volume of work for almost all positions within the company.You will be pushed to grow in all the right ways. Not afraid to challenge yourself to be a better you? The management and staff are there to support your career growth and professional growth.My skills and experience were definitely used and expanded on.The team was amazing to work with. Each one of my colleagues worked hard and never compromised quality.The hardest part of the job was a balanceThe most enjoyable part of the job was diversity and working with great team members

Pros

Great people, great culture, diverse projects, great opportunities to grow

Cons

Development of processes as system's change, and staffing needs to continue to keep up with demands

Great people to work with

Very open and friendly staff; easy to get along with most everyone.Work schedules are full and busy; lots of cross training.Different departments have there own leads/heads, which makes it pretty clear when you have issues who to go see.

Pros

Great group to work with

Cons

Can be very busy / heavy workload

Thoughtful and Friendly Management Team

This is mostly based on the people that I get to work with. The management team fosters open communication with real-time feedback to help progress each project along. I feel like I have a voice and that they value my input.

This place has been great for me. There are many opportunities to grow and branch out if you seek them. Since I've been here I've achieved my NCSO in the safety field, became a forklift/equipment trainer and accumulated almost every safety ticket you can acquire. I've also hugely improved on my carpentry and on-site skills. Management has always been there to offer guidance and their years of experience. The projects can get quite intricate, but are satisfying at the same time to complete and every day is different. It can be physically demanding at times but that comes with any job in the wood/metal industry. Great work culture/management too - I've made lots of friends and always felt supported working here. Highly recommended.

Pros

Training, work culture/management, satisfying work, big shop with lots of equipment

Cons

Difficult for a beginner

Fast paced work environment with a team culture

Working here was really enjoyable. There were the usual day to day challenges that every company faces but the support from the team helps to leave that behind. Having managers willing to listen, help and teach really sets you up to succeed. There is a real drive to succeed and keep pushing yourself to grow within the company and stay for the long term. I would recommend to anyone or come back and work for Artistic Stairs anyday.

Pros

Great team, management that wants you to succeed and listens

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Enjoyable and fair place to work

Artistic stairs has been a family feel since day 1. working at Artistic has been an enjoyable time. My work and life balance has always been respected. There is a real vibe of you get what you put in. like any job you need to put in the work in order to see results. Artistic stairs has always encouraged me, supported me and been there for me. I would recommend to anyone.

Poor work culture

Working environment has become toxic over recent years. Many good people have left, or are trying to leave. When people were valued and had good leadership, it was a fun place to work

Manage as the go.

Management is scared of owner and owner is always making the wrong calls. Most of the office staff has no idea how a stair or railing even works. Old style of management that is out of touch with employees.

Pros

Pay for gas for field employees

Cons

pay not to trade standards

Hard work with little reward

I worked here for a while now and no matter how hard you work, the second you do something wrong they put you down to try and make you focus on your work, or boot you out and replace you.

Pros

Good people you get to work with

Cons

everyone will take you down given the chance

Stay away

Where do I start. Management rarely showed up and ignored most of the problems they were presented with. The tools and company vehicles were in awful condition. Most of the employee used their own tools. HR was really full of herself . She thinks she looks smart with her raise eyebrow/ hahaha. No, you are not, peekaboo. One last thing Raises and promotion never happen so don't be surprised if you ask for a raise/promotion and you're just told to go somewhere else.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Burnt coffee

Bad experience, poorlead hand overall they overlooked my experience and qualifications to

They never gave me an opportunity to run the machine I have 18 years experience. Gave a much less experienced guy the opportunity and held me back Meanwhile his skill level at the moulder was inferior and even got injured shortly after he started. They knew I have breathing problems yet had me on a sander z.mostly

By far one of the best companies to work for

Worked for them for over 10 years but had to move. Did some of my best working with them. Was able to work in both countries and made s lot of friends there.

Horrible!!!

This place sucks. The mgmnt team are rude and ignorant. They r two faced. They tell u one thing than say another. They make u feel like garbage and bully you around. The only pro is they will teach you everything they possibly can, but you will not get a raise ever. No raises, no communication. The owners are nice, but oblivious to what's going on in the shop.

Pros

Free safety lunch (once in 2 -3 years)

Management are BULLIES

I have never had so many managers lie to my face and degrade me in front of my coworkers until I worked here. The office manager has zero people skills and it shows with every interaction she has. It’s not only hurtful and embarrassing to be put down in front of all of your coworkers, it’s frustrating to see your coworkers receive the same treatment and all be too scared to speak up. This branch deserves a reality check when it comes to human decency and harassment laws.

Pros

Not a single thing

Cons

Bullying, lying, sneaking around, not getting credit for your hard work and ideas.

Unorganized

Lazy Supervisors drinking coffee all day long pretending they are working hard. Pull up a comfy chair, pour yourself a drink and wait for the team to complete the task. Welcome to the world of productive supervisor laziness. If you work hard they give you more work. If you are lazy, they just ignoring you. So don't work hard in both cases you will get paid.

not a good place to work.

not as good as environment to work at this company.They tended to kick out the old wokker with higher pay and hire new low pay worker to save money for company.There are absolulely no job securities at all.

Pros

friendly coworker

Cons

never respect to senior workers, no job security, low pay salary.

Jobs are not secure here

Nobody’s jobs are safe and everyone is looking for work elsewhere. Don’t waste your time with this company, it’s going under quickly and it seems like management knows the end is near. They will have you do the work of four people for the wage of one and then lay you off in the end.

Pros

Cons

No job security, shady management, everyone getting laid off

This is the worst company I ever worked for

They lay off all the good people who know what they’re doing and keep all of the rude and ignorant managers. The managers don’t know how to run this business. All of the knowledgeable people are gone or in danger of being laid off.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Bad management, owner doesn’t care about his staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artistic Stairs Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement