Article

Article Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Great company
Article is the top growing company in Canada for 2 consecutive years (Growth 500) and is getting ready to become the next 1B company in Vancouver.

While the way the company is organized is quite dynamic and changes every 6 months, it's a great opportunity for smart, hard-working people to learn and grow.
Article is a very shady company
Article is kids stuff. If you want to be treated like an adult, and get paid like one too, I'd give Article a hard miss.

Shady company, every week people are let go, never to be heard from again. When asked, they cannot "comment on the nature of it"

We were forced to resign a contract that stipulated major schedule changes (working weekends, 10 hour days, start times change each week) , and that if we didn't "the nature of our role would change". I later asked HR to comment on what that meant, and she had said "termination". I am not sure on where this company gets off on using scare tactics to pressure their employees into major changes, major changes that WERE NOT mentioned to me, when I was hired only 3 months prior. No additional compensation was offered to sweeten the deal.

Incredibly high expectations for below industry standard pay. Sure, you can bring your dog to work, there's free food in the kitchen, but at the end of the day I don't care that I have a plethora of free dried mangoes to eat, save it Article, and put some higher figures on mine, and those who work-around-the-clock-for-you's cheques too. It's strange that for Canada's fastest growing company, they do not pay more.

My supervisor was very hard to deal with. A total micro manager, breathed down my neck all day, very insecure which ultimately drove me away. She preached "teamwork" on the daily, but draws a hard line between herself and the rest of the team, and somehow exempt from working stats and weekends like we had to. Didn't help out with the day to day tasks, not very present at all, and
 - more...
Pros
dog friendly, the mangoes WERE pretty good.
Cons
pressuring us into resigning a contract, the 10 hour days, my bosses management style, basically everything mentioned above.
Fear based work environment
Employees are fired without any reason
They do no believe in being direct about the issues at hand with employees

High turn over

no MSP no RRSP

Unhealthy work environment as the whole office is always sick

Feed back is not taken well by upper management

If you aren't a sheep then Article isn't for you.
Fun workplace
Work -Life Balance is properly maintained.
Pet friendly office.

Free snacks for everybody

Youth work force

friendly environment

Flexible office timing is really useful.
Not all is as it seems
Article makes a great first impression but fails to deliver on many of its promises such as growth within and cross-training possibilities. One of the core principles of Article is "be direct." This appears to be entirely lip service from management as there seems to be a level of secrecy and even petty office gossip by some of the lower management team. Logistic lower management team members are often trying so hard to be noticed (by upper management) and jockeying for positions at the cost of other team members. Personally, I really believed in Article as a company and their products. The reality is disappointing. Everyone's experience will be different and Article's office culture may be a good fit for some; however, for someone with logistics experience, I would give it amiss.
Pros
Beautiful office building, dog friendly, excellent discounts on Article products, and some great talented colleagues.
Cons
Cliquish office culture, management doesn't practice what it preaches
New but idk
It kinda feels like a ship that's gonna go down, or figure its stuff out in a miraculous 3rd act turn. No one is mean, but there is a sense of cliquey-ness that can't be escaped in the corporate world. There is a sense of camaraderie within the different departments, but a little digging will reveal the dissent in the ranks.
I am a hardworker person with years of experience in learning new skills and i am always ready to advance my knowledge.
Data entry operator responsibilities include collecting and entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records of valuable company information. I have essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets and online forms.
Pros
Work from home also.
Cons
More Work and Less Pay
Worst company
I worked there as a logistics coordinator .worst time of my life.they treat you so bad.cant take a relaxing moment.hated my time overthere.i would never let anyone work there
Pros
Cons
They are scammers.they act nice but most evil company
Where to start
First they keep you hangin for almost a month.Then they do so many interviews that you would get your first paycheque before you finish there road test.Most unprofessional peoples i met.
Pros
Cons
Everything.Doesnt have a dispatcher.Leave you on your own no matter what.No proper way of management
Mediocre culture, bad management, feels more like highschool
90% of the reviews are false, employees were paid in cookies to write 5 star reviews, paid in cookies...

Management will promise false promotions and growth to lead you on to work harder than you should. Promise to promote on results but in reality is based on how well you can brown nose. Office environment is very clique-y, feels a lot like highschool. The benefits are really bad, not much offered on top of the below industry pay, no one complains about it because they hire young people with no idea of what a real benefits package is. They conducted a pulse check on the company and no one was happy with company direction or how under-valued the employees are, this company makes a ton of money but wont invest in employees.

Great place if you have no ambitions and enjoy being a cog in the wheel.
Pros
boring snacks, dog-friendly office, employees
Cons
No growth, power tripping leaders, more focused on creating false image of what company is like to media, no bonus, no RRSP, really bad benefits structure
Don't know where to start
Mixed feelings about this company as the company is all over the place. Specializes in making itself look good in front of the media with no real structures.
This is a company that is looking to sell to any potential buyers. Which means employees are head counts - nothing more. There is no logic here but whoever has been here the longest and have "exp." working with the company system are the ones to be trusted.

Hires many young people with mediocre experiences to their respective fields and asks them to do a job that is for entry level. Does a good job building an image to make it look young but the people operating at the top are not any different than any other companies.

Pay is lower than average market with top hierarchy clueless on how to manage/utilize their resources & workforces.

Managers in this company are not leaders: they were there at the right place at the right time to have earned those positions. Not because they have experiences or have achieved something unique in the past.

If you need to make a quick change before making a big move from your current job but would like small cash flow to keep yourself above water (if you can) this is for you.

Or if you are going to be happy working like a machine with no development in your career or growth, this is for you.

Note:

Don't believe or expect anything they tell you. Company has no expectations from you & neither should you.

Your opinions doesn't matter. Do as you are told.
Pros
Flexible Time, free lunch once a month - paid by Google & Facebook, good extended health coverage
Cons
no bonus, Rrsp, clueless, directionless, high turnover, No salary differences depts., Hr, no opportunites for growth
Great People, Terrible Benefits
There are a lot of young people in the office so I have the feeling that ownership is taking advantage of them. I think that a lot of the people here haven't learned what a real benefits package includes so don't really question the fact that they aren't offered anything... even though the company is a cash cow.

Aside from that it's a great place to work. The people are great and really supportive. Lots of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Free snacks, bike room and showers, great people, beautiful office
Cons
No bonus structure, no RRSP, bare-bones health coverage (no MSP), low salaries
Environment that trusts in it's employees.
I am trusted with my work, and given feedback, but not "monitored." I I feel there is much room for advancement, and our team works great together. The hardest part about my job is that it isn't 9-5, and follows me into the wee hours of the night and on weekends, so my work/life balance isn't quite what I would like it to be. The most enjoyable part of my job is collaborating on big events and creative ideas with my co-workers and scheduling/writing new social.
Pros
Autonomy, creative, always evolving
Cons
A lot of work for a small team, but we're growing every day!
Pretty Good!
Typical day includes picking up phone calls, dealing with live chats, and/or answering emails.

Management is very open to feedback, and regardless of it they take it or not, they still pay attention. Issues are addressed as best possible, and new ideas on how to do tasks differently or even non work related ideas are heard.

Best part of the job is the socializing, worst part is dealing with difficult and upset customers. It's not fun getting yelled at, but management is working on a few ways to try to minimize the abuse.

I honestly don't really have any negatives about this job so far. I really like it, and while it's not perfect and there are some day to day things that I don't particularly love, no job is perfect and the overall balance here is more good than bad.
Pros
Good pay, great coworkers, cool team bonding activities
Cons
Needs more people in the department
A welcoming team and management that empowers you
I've been here for four months now. I've worked in customer service off and on for my whole life, and I can honestly say working for Article has been my best CS experience thus far. The training is thorough and in-depth, and new employees receive a great deal of support while they learn. The CS team is welcoming and always ready to assist each other, and the nature of the work itself is always interesting, without ever becoming a grind. Upper management puts a lot of trust in CS and empowers the team to make its own decisions, and the CS leadership is always a support and advocates for the team. The company is growing fast, so CS is as well, and the only limitation for advancement is an employee's decision not to grow.
Pros
No micromanaging, no scripts, common sense reigns
Cons
Some aspects of the workflow are out of your control and need improvement
Refreshing take on Customer Service!
I've been working in Customer Service for 10 years and this is the best company I've worked for! Their approach to customer service is up to date and refreshing, which allows for Article to be a great place to work!

Since the company is growing so rapidly it can sometimes be overwhelming by being understaffed. They take a lot of time and care into choosing the right candidates that fit into Article's culture. It's worth the challenges right now knowing they are looking for the right employees.
Pros
Great work culture, work-life balance, new take on customer service
Cons
Not having all the information available, training can be improved, proper policy's need to be put in place
Fast growing company with ton of opportunities
Typical day for me involve collaborating with other people to solve problems. This include my team members as well as people from other teams.

Learning wise Article offers huge opportunity. There is ton things are going around and you can take initiative or collaborate with others.

Article is a group of very diverse set of people with different experiences and professional backgrounds. It is a pleasure to work with them.

The hardest part of the job will be keeping up with the pace of growth.

The most enjoyable part of the job will that your work actually makes a difference.
Pros
Your work makes a difference
Cons
Keeping up with the pace of growth
Ambitious team and huge opportunity
Article continues on a pretty phenomenal growth trajectory fuelled by an ambitious and hard working team.

Working on a brand with this kind of ambition and key touch points that are both digital and physical makes for an extremely challenging and rewarding experience.

There is a big, clear vision, and a team that is committed to achieving that vision. We also have a strong sense of our core values and the importance of delivering against them.

Of course this kind of growth doesn't come without teething problems (e.g. running out of office space), but if you are the kind of person who commits to a long term vision, these problems are just speed bumps - and also opportunities for you to innovate and make your mark.

If you love a challenge and a chance for a career defining role, Article is a great place to be.
Pros
Incredible growth opportunities, working for a company you can be proud of, flexibility
Cons
Running out of room at HQ (but new amazing office coming in 2017)
Busy Company with a Bright Future
Exciting opportunities to be a part of a culture-defining company as it evolves and grows. At Article, there aren't layers of bureaucracy that prevent work from getting done. It's fast-paced, dynamic and very easy to see results.

Great people and excellent team support. A perfect place to work for someone who likes to be at the centre of the action.
Pros
Free snacks!
Cons
Challenging neighbourhood to park in – ride your bike
Working at Article is incredibly interesting and rewarding. It is a fast paced, ambitious company and every day in the office presents a new and engaging challenge. Management is very supportive and the office culture is first class.
Pros
Varied work, challenging, growth opportunities
Fast growing company with a genuine desire to treat people well
Article has great management. They really care about their employees and want to see everyone do well. They see this as the best way to grow their business and it really shows in the way everyone approaches their work with dedication and a good attitude. It makes for a very nice work environment.

The company is growing so fast that things can be a bit hairy at times but it is never boring. There are also a lot of opportunities for people to take on more responsibility and run with it. It's a great place to work if you want to learn a lot in a short space of time.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to grow your position
Cons
The fast pace of growth can be overwhelming