Article Employee Reviews

Great People, Terrible Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2018
There are a lot of young people in the office so I have the feeling that ownership is taking advantage of them. I think that a lot of the people here haven't learned what a real benefits package includes so don't really question the fact that they aren't offered anything... even though the company is a cash cow.

Aside from that it's a great place to work. The people are great and really supportive. Lots of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Free snacks, bike room and showers, great people, beautiful office
Cons
No bonus structure, no RRSP, bare-bones health coverage (no MSP), low salaries
Pretty Good!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2017
Typical day includes picking up phone calls, dealing with live chats, and/or answering emails.

Management is very open to feedback, and regardless of it they take it or not, they still pay attention. Issues are addressed as best possible, and new ideas on how to do tasks differently or even non work related ideas are heard.

Best part of the job is the socializing, worst part is dealing with difficult and upset customers. It's not fun getting yelled at, but management is working on a few ways to try to minimize the abuse.

I honestly don't really have any negatives about this job so far. I really like it, and while it's not perfect and there are some day to day things that I don't particularly love, no job is perfect and the overall balance here is more good than bad.
Pros
Good pay, great coworkers, cool team bonding activities
Cons
Needs more people in the department
A welcoming team and management that empowers you
CS Supervisor / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC26 January 2017
I've been here for four months now. I've worked in customer service off and on for my whole life, and I can honestly say working for Article has been my best CS experience thus far. The training is thorough and in-depth, and new employees receive a great deal of support while they learn. The CS team is welcoming and always ready to assist each other, and the nature of the work itself is always interesting, without ever becoming a grind. Upper management puts a lot of trust in CS and empowers the team to make its own decisions, and the CS leadership is always a support and advocates for the team. The company is growing fast, so CS is as well, and the only limitation for advancement is an employee's decision not to grow.
Pros
No micromanaging, no scripts, common sense reigns
Cons
Some aspects of the workflow are out of your control and need improvement
Refreshing take on Customer Service!
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2017
I've been working in Customer Service for 10 years and this is the best company I've worked for! Their approach to customer service is up to date and refreshing, which allows for Article to be a great place to work!

Since the company is growing so rapidly it can sometimes be overwhelming by being understaffed. They take a lot of time and care into choosing the right candidates that fit into Article's culture. It's worth the challenges right now knowing they are looking for the right employees.
Pros
Great work culture, work-life balance, new take on customer service
Cons
Not having all the information available, training can be improved, proper policy's need to be put in place
Fast growing company with ton of opportunities
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Typical day for me involve collaborating with other people to solve problems. This include my team members as well as people from other teams.

Learning wise Article offers huge opportunity. There is ton things are going around and you can take initiative or collaborate with others.

Article is a group of very diverse set of people with different experiences and professional backgrounds. It is a pleasure to work with them.

The hardest part of the job will be keeping up with the pace of growth.

The most enjoyable part of the job will that your work actually makes a difference.
Pros
Your work makes a difference
Cons
Keeping up with the pace of growth
Ambitious team and huge opportunity
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Article continues on a pretty phenomenal growth trajectory fuelled by an ambitious and hard working team.

Working on a brand with this kind of ambition and key touch points that are both digital and physical makes for an extremely challenging and rewarding experience.

There is a big, clear vision, and a team that is committed to achieving that vision. We also have a strong sense of our core values and the importance of delivering against them.

Of course this kind of growth doesn't come without teething problems (e.g. running out of office space), but if you are the kind of person who commits to a long term vision, these problems are just speed bumps - and also opportunities for you to innovate and make your mark.

If you love a challenge and a chance for a career defining role, Article is a great place to be.
Pros
Incredible growth opportunities, working for a company you can be proud of, flexibility
Cons
Running out of room at HQ (but new amazing office coming in 2017)
Busy Company with a Bright Future
Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Exciting opportunities to be a part of a culture-defining company as it evolves and grows. At Article, there aren't layers of bureaucracy that prevent work from getting done. It's fast-paced, dynamic and very easy to see results.

Great people and excellent team support. A perfect place to work for someone who likes to be at the centre of the action.
Pros
Free snacks!
Cons
Challenging neighbourhood to park in – ride your bike
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver6 January 2017
Working at Article is incredibly interesting and rewarding. It is a fast paced, ambitious company and every day in the office presents a new and engaging challenge. Management is very supportive and the office culture is first class.
Pros
Varied work, challenging, growth opportunities
Fast growing company with a genuine desire to treat people well
Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Article has great management. They really care about their employees and want to see everyone do well. They see this as the best way to grow their business and it really shows in the way everyone approaches their work with dedication and a good attitude. It makes for a very nice work environment.

The company is growing so fast that things can be a bit hairy at times but it is never boring. There are also a lot of opportunities for people to take on more responsibility and run with it. It's a great place to work if you want to learn a lot in a short space of time.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to grow your position
Cons
The fast pace of growth can be overwhelming
Exciting, high growth, great people, large opportunity
Operations Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Article is growing so fast and there is so much opportunity. Every day I learn something new and contribute to the overall vision. I feel highly engaged with the senior management and the direction the company is moving. It feels like a startup but with resources of a big company.