Artful Dodger Pub Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
poor management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 March 2019
managers could not understand that when the kitchen is closed that it means the kitchen isn't making any more food. they would constantly hand out menus and expect the kitchen staff to prepare food after already cleaning the kitchen and signing out.
Fantastic!
Server/ bartender (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 February 2018
Amazing management and a terrific working atmosphere. High volume pub with a casual and relaxed environment. Definitely the best place I have worked within the service industry.
Fun, laid back atmosphere, pool tables, has a horse corral!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 April 2014
A typical day at work would begin by reading the communication journal and checking stock levels before starting.

I learned to listen as a bartender. Most people just want to be heard and respected. I learned how to keep my composure, prioritize, and get in the 'zone' during high-stress, busy situations. Multitasking is a must in this field.

Management is excellent. There's an open door policy, and the GM is always available to listen. The GM puts extra effort into making sure the place is set up for success. She makes a point to work along-side the staff, and to get to know our customers personally. Plus she is very eco-concious!

Co-workers get along like a large family. We look out for each other and always strive for common ground. It is a very team-oriented atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with patrons who have had too much to drink. It can be very unpredictable at times.

The best part of the job is making people happy. Telling jokes, performing magic tricks, solving the world's problems, sharing what you've learned at university are part and parcel of daily life at the Artful Dodger.
Pros
50% off staff meals, flexible schedule, fun environment!
Cons
Inebriated clientèle can be difficult at times