Art Is In Bakery Employee Review

View all Art Is In Bakery reviews

I love working at Art Is In
Retail server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa24 August 2018
I have been working at Art Is In for a couple of years and I love it. It get's very busy and can be hard work, but that's what you get in a restaurant. The business is great because the day goes by fast and I am always finished my shift before I know it.

The owners are demanding, but fair and have always treated me with respect. Servers start at 14$ per hour plus tips. The hours are good and I always have my evenings free. We all have to work weekends though, to make it fair to everyone.
Pros
fun staff parties, yummy food
Cons
Some customers are very rude

Other Art Is In Bakery Employee Reviews

I do not recommend
N/A (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2019
I would advise anyone who is thinking of working here to avoid it at all cost. Management only starts checking on employees when they notice that the company is starting to get internet hate. Nepotism is real in this company. The FOH manager has no clue what she's doing and lacks the skills for her job. Its honestly really sad to see them hire employees and get rid of them when they don't need them anymore.

The longer you stay you stay here the more you start to notice everything that is going wrong with the company. Its a game of favouritism here. Management might not want to admit but the company lacks diversity for a reason. They usually hire and decide to keep the same type of people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
No breaks, management
Horrible Experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2019
Not worth the 30+ min wait, as well as the horror stories of the employees that work there. I feel genuinely terrible that a family run business treats their staff with little to no respect. Highly recommend anyone to go to Bread By Us. They dont have hiring sprees just to make it through the "tough seasons" then fire any employees that weren't good enough. Disgusting.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
long wait, The owners are rude to their staff, expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Art Is In Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8