Art Is In Bakery Employee Review

View all Art Is In Bakery reviews

Working at Art-Is-In
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2019
I have been working at Art-Is-In for a few years now and to this day I love coming to work. I was always recognized for my hard work and have moved up quite a bit with the company. The employee culture and work environment is actually fantastic contrary to what some people might say. The managers & owners care about you and they have high expectations.

It is hard work I'm not going to lie, and it is not for everyone but I learned so much in the last years and I was always supported. The bar is set high, you always have to give your 100% but you get recognition, a good pay, benefits & a family.

If you are debating about applying here because of some negative reviews you've seen I would suggest you see it for yourself and make your own opinion. There are LOTS of employees that have been here for years and LOVE their job, employees I see coming back. If you ask any of us we will tell you our honest opinion about why we love working here.
Pros
benefits, good tips, amazing co workers
Cons
hot in the summer

Other Art Is In Bakery Employee Reviews

I do not recommend
N/A (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2019
I would advise anyone who is thinking of working here to avoid it at all cost. Management only starts checking on employees when they notice that the company is starting to get internet hate. Nepotism is real in this company. The FOH manager has no clue what she's doing and lacks the skills for her job. Its honestly really sad to see them hire employees and get rid of them when they don't need them anymore.

The longer you stay you stay here the more you start to notice everything that is going wrong with the company. Its a game of favouritism here. Management might not want to admit but the company lacks diversity for a reason. They usually hire and decide to keep the same type of people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
No breaks, management
Horrible Experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2019
Not worth the 30+ min wait, as well as the horror stories of the employees that work there. I feel genuinely terrible that a family run business treats their staff with little to no respect. Highly recommend anyone to go to Bread By Us. They dont have hiring sprees just to make it through the "tough seasons" then fire any employees that weren't good enough. Disgusting.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
long wait, The owners are rude to their staff, expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Art Is In Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8