Art Gallery of Ontario

Art Gallery of Ontario Employee Reviews for Camp Counselor

Camp Counselor3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
the AGO is a very friendly work environment and accommodates to all needs . The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was to work and communicate with the campers.
I was a camp counsellor during the summer time. At the AGO we always keep it friendly and professional during our work hours, and during our breaks we are like a family always joking around and telling each other stories. Although we always stay alert - almost never have to worry about anything because as colleagues we always have each others backs. Management is amazing, always checking in to see how everyone is doing and always seeking for feedback for further improvements. Hardest part of the job was supervising the children since they are always full of energy, however, its always great working along their side and seeing the art work that they create in their studio.
Do activities with the kids for nearly an hour
take them to their art lessons

lunch/games

art lessons

free time where organized games/activities are played

home

it would change throughout the week such as theme days and camp wide activities pre planned.

I've learned a lot about art, new things to try, new games, new ways of handling situations.

management is very nice and understanding although will speak to you if you do mess up/step out of line.

co-workers are hard working and extremely fun

hardest job is thinking of activities or games when you've run out of ideas but volunteers with you and kids will always have games ready.

most enjoyable are the kids, the art lessons and the co workers
Pros
free pizza lunch on the friday on march break
Cons
early mornings = long hours