Art Gallery of Ontario
Art Gallery of Ontario Employee Review

Exciting and Great Place to Work At

30 December 2018
I was a camp counsellor during the summer time. At the AGO we always keep it friendly and professional during our work hours, and during our breaks we are like a family always joking around and telling each other stories. Although we always stay alert - almost never have to worry about anything because as colleagues we always have each others backs. Management is amazing, always checking in to see how everyone is doing and always seeking for feedback for further improvements. Hardest part of the job was supervising the children since they are always full of energy, however, its always great working along their side and seeing the art work that they create in their studio.
8 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Assistant Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
the AGO is a very friendly work environment and accommodates to all needs . The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was to work and communicate with the campers.
21 April 2015
Same roleSame location
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Do activities with the kids for nearly an hour
take them to their art lessons

lunch/games

art lessons

free time where organized games/activities are played

home

it would change throughout the week such as theme days and camp wide activities pre planned.

I've learned a lot about art, new things to try, new games, new ways of handling situations.

management is very nice and understanding although will speak to you if you do mess up/step out of line.

co-workers are hard working and extremely fun

hardest job is thinking of activities or games when you've run out of ideas but volunteers with you and kids will always have games ready.

most enjoyable are the kids, the art lessons and the co workers
Pros
free pizza lunch on the friday on march break
Cons
early mornings = long hours
7 February 2020
Same location
Food and Beverages Outlets (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I was hired with a temporary contract in the Food and Beverage Outlets. Since the day I started my contract to my last day I loved every second of it.
There are days where it was massively busy but since there was more than enough staff members nothing felt stressful.
Official response from Art Gallery of Ontario
14 February 2020
We are so glad you enjoyed your time working at the AGO! We always aim to create a positive and collaborative workplace.