Arrow Transportation Systems Inc.

Arrow Transportation Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
Weak management and weaker union
Management only pretended to care and were only interested in making things look good on paper. Expected crew to do their job with no consequences when failing to perform to standards. Unwilling to fulfill contract requirements as per union because of cost.
Pros
Somewhat good money
Cons
Poor management
Toxic
Driver attitudes towards each other is not like anywhere else I've seen ... awful.
Management has there favorites and non - favorites, equipment is never maintain to CVSE standards, above average pay and benefits if your kept busy. A weak Teamsters union and all they care about is getting there monthly dues.
Great moral
I worked in 2 different divisions of this company. My original job was eliminated and they did their very best to find a position that would be a good fit for me. I was sad to say good bye
Arrow
Arrow was a decent company to work for very safety conscious company with very well maintained equipment. I hauled wood chips but due to a declining forest industry after a couple of years i was laid off.
Run
One word to describe the whole operation "chaos".
Equipment keeps breaking down, only the major items if your lucky get fix, minor fixes might get fix in a few weeks or months. There's a constant flow of drivers that come and go here. The turnover rate is the highest that I ever seen in my 15 years of driving, has to be over 200%.
Driver
Very good company,home every night,pay good,benefits good,great people from co-workers to office every one always friendly,union haha garbage welfare check bigger after retirement just saying it is teamsters union so says it all but all other perks are good,equipment is nice and up to par+ always good tires good mech for use and gets fixed.I would recommend people to go work here.
Just a bad place to work
From the beginning zero! Support lacky of training and zero empathy, management was over worked and understaffed,
The other drivers were helpful I would not recommend this position to anyone wanting a balance of work to homelife
Safety is a priority. Good work environment.
Steady schedule, good communications with dispatch, good communication with management. All office employees available for questions and concerns. Shop available for emergency repairs and good services of their equipment.
As far as driving jobs go, one of the best around.
Pros: Home every night, in-house mechanics, competent dispatch and office staff, benefits, adequate pay

Cons: At the mercy of the ebb and flow of the forestry industry, trip-rate instead of hourly pay, all trucks are automatic transmission, overtime pay is nonexistant even in weeks that are minimum 50 hours.
Will hire anybody
If you have a class 1 license you’ll get hired even if you don’t know how to drive. If you don’t like to work and still get paid, this is the job for you.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Manager
Fun workplace
Love the work , awesome management and super awesome co workers , learned a lot new stuff which I had never done in the past, wish I could continue working there
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Great company to work for!!
Great company to work for, never any issues with management, or employees. Good equipment, good benefits and good pay, the best part was that they let you do your job your way as long as the job got done safely and on time...they treat you good! The only down side is that the company has too few employment options in Prince George.
If you enjoy driving a truck through mountains and hills, hanging out in lumber mills and working monday to friday with weekends off.. this is a great place to work.
Steady hours
I liked hauling chips, but I drove for an owner operator and he did not pay for a lot of hours submitted, which is why I left. I would drive for Arrow anytime, but no longer for an owner operator.
One big zero .
Edmonton branch is to stay away if you are Owner Operator.
Cheating on pay is normal thing what manager KC is doing.

Maintenance on the trailers is equall zero,

once something breaks,call mobile mechanics.

Rates are so low.

3 to 4 months is possible to make some decent money but rest of the year NO !

So much BS between branches as they hate each other.

You heard stories about Union???

Hahahaha , what a jokes and stealing money right in front of eyes on legal way.
Amazing management, awesome training, friendly co workers
Working for arrow Prince George was a great experience and I was sad to leave, they went the extra mile. Amazing Management. Mostly awesome co workers, everyone helps everyone: they taught me a lot and I learnt so much working this company. If there is one Arrow devision I recommend going too, it’s this one.
Pros
Management, Free Fruit, Awesome Co workers
Pretty good
Nice place to work. Rarely see your boss. Had a change in Management. We did not see eye to eye. Dispatch was on the ball. Company Christmas party every year. Great guys to work with.
Pros
home alot
Cons
mills were a pain sometimes
Not a bad company to work for.
Can be long hours in the winter. But usually about 10-12 hours. Great pay and benefits. Owner operators are good to work for depending on who you get on with of course.
Great experience.
Some runs are great, some not. The company is quite organized.Winter can be a bear in the mountain passes in B.C. The owner operator I worked for was great. Some of course are not.
Very good
Employees are good to work with.management could be more resably to the drivers.trucks are descent.trailers are not bad.good runs.wait times are sometimes long.
Pros
Good runs
Cons
Bad hrs8
Great Career Development & Even Better Co-Workers
I have been with Arrow for close to 5 years. The number one thing that sticks out for me is the people that I work with. You are cared for as an employee and as an individual. As soon as I joined Arrow I felt like part of the family. Arrow has provided an environment where I can continue to grow in my career, and have the opportunity to try new ideas.

I enjoy working with each part of the business as it is very diverse and never standing still. Arrow is growing, and I'm excited to see what is next :)
Pros
I love the people I work with. Who doesn't like having fun at work?
Cons
Arrow is quite spread out geographically which can be a pro and a con.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Transportation Systems Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.